34.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My mom pushed us away from her?” Baekhyun asked. “Yes.”

“How?”

“On the night of your accident, after we found out you were in the state of comatose, Minseul came over to me, before all that her and your mother had a talk. She saw us.”

“She saw you two?”

“Remember when Minseul told you that we kissed and about our feelings?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun hissed under his breath. “Your mother saw us at the park and she talked to Minseul after you got into an accident.”

“It didn’t go well?”

“It went well, at first. And then when she talked to me she told me she didn’t say everything. She denied her feelings for me. Your mother overheard that and got furious.”

“And then she took Minhyun?”

Mark nodded, “She said you didn’t deserve a wife like her and Minhyun doesn’t deserve a mother like her. Minseul cried a lot after that, she didn’t go to work either.”

“After all that… she became like this?” Baekhyun looked at his wife. “After a few weeks of depression, yes.”

“Oh, Minseul.” Baekhyun went over to you, caressing your cheeks, “I’m so so sorry.”

“Your mother also insisted on getting a divorce.” Ms. Lee entered the living room. “What?”

“Minseul wouldn’t get it.”

“I’ll stay here from now on with her and with Minhyun.”

“But your mot-“ His friends spoke up until he cut them off. “Who cares about that? She needs me right now. She needs Minhyun and I. I don’t want to see her like this.”

“Byun Baekhyun!” A voice shouted. “Well, speaking of the devil.” He mumbled to himself. “What are you doing here?!” Mrs. Byun entered the house, angry as ever. “How could you do this, mom? To her? To me? To our family.”

“She doesn’t deserve you. She’s cheating on you.”

“She didn’t cheat on me. Cheating is lying, right?”

“Yes, it’s lying.”

“If anyone here lied to me, it’s you. You told me she left me. You told me she wanted a divorce and that she left Minhyun with me. None of that was true. You just lied to keep her away from me.”

“I was thinking the best for you.”

“No, you weren’t. Because if you were thinking the best for me, the things she explained to you. Those words, you would have tried to understand it, but you didn’t. She may have had feelings for Mark but she knew her limit. She knew who to choose. Besides, she told me even if she had feelings for him, it was a simple crush. It couldn’t take away the feelings she had for me.”

“You two are going to have a divorce.”

“No! There is no divorce that’s going to happen!”

“Come with me. We’re going home. Where’s Minhyun?”

“No, mom. You’re going home. I’m already home.”

“What?”

“Ever since I got married, this is home. With her and Minhyun, it’s called home for me.”

“Are you telling me that you’re not going to go with me? That you’re going to stay here with her?”

“Yes. I’d rather live with my sick wife than with my lying mother.”

“Baekhyun.”

“I love her, mom. She doesn’t deserve these things happening to her. She’s not supposed to be sick like this.”

“Mrs. Byun, please.” His friends pleaded for him. “I don’t want to lose her, mom. I almost lost her once and I thought I was going to die. I don’t want to lose her again.”

“What are you talking about?” Mrs. Byun looked at him with a confused look. “When we were on our first year of marriage.”

“What?”

“It wasn’t easy getting together for love but we did, eventually. Until she found out I slept with Yeri, my Science partner and got her pregnant.”

“WHAT?! BYUN BAEKHYUN- YOU!”

“It wasn’t my child. Well, at least it wasn’t. We found out when Yeri got a miscarriage. We did a DNA test on the miscarried baby and it was Myungsoo’s child. If there was anyone who actually cheated in this relationship, it’s me. I slept with Yeri once before when were drunk and second time, we weren’t drunk but we just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter