18.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mark, yoohoo~” You giggled as you entered his office. He looked up from his laptop and smiled at you, “What brings a pretty lady like you here?”

“Free time.”

“Oh, you have no work?”

You sat on the chair in front of his desk, shaking your head, “I finished everything, I even asked if there were more but they said there were none for now.”

He chuckled and leaned in to you, patting your head, “Aw, does our hardworking Minseul get to rest now?”

“A bit.” You laughed as you glanced around the office, “Isn’t usually two stockholders in one office? Why isn’t Mr. Hirojima not here usually?”

“Ah, Mr. Hirojima? He’s busy handling other business, so yeah.”

You nodded as a response and he continued to work. Standing from the chair, you went over to him, peeking at the things he was doing, “Hey, do you have a bit of free time? Want to grab some coffee?”

“How can I deny that offer? Let’s go now.” He chuckled and stood up, leaving the rest of his work behind.

--

“So, what did Jackson say about me again?”

“He said that he wish you weren’t married because he would seriously try to hit on you.” Mark shook his head as you laughed because of his stories about his friends. “What was Jr.’s reaction?”

“He gave Jackson a weird look and both him and JB said, ‘Please don’t, you’re the last person we would want her to date.’ and Jackson started to talk about how much of a good boyfriend he would be.”

You laughed and thought about Jackson, “Hey, he seems like a nice guy. Though he can be quite noisy at times.”

“You deserve better than him.” He jokingly replied, “Don’t tell Jackson I said that.”

“I won’t.” You giggled then looked at him, “How about you?”

“Of course I won’t tell Jackso-“

“No.” You cut him off, “If I was single or if I was at least not married, would you try a chance with me?”

“You’re silly, aren’t you?”

“Why?” You raised an eyebrow. “You know my feelings, what do you think my answer would be?”

“Okay, if I was single, you probably would. But if I was in a relationship, would you?”

He shook his head, “I’d respect your relationship, even if it was just a boyfriend, you’re still taken.”

“Wow, Mark Tuan is a nice guy.” You teased. “I know how to be a gentleman.” He chuckled. “M-Mark?”

“Yeah?”

“If I said I liked you, what would your reaction be?”

“Happy? I don’t know the right reaction for that, you’re married and if you said something like that it seems wrong.”

“Is it wrong for a married woman to love her husband but at least have a little crush or find someone attractive?”

“I don’t know, is it?” He stared at you. “I don’t know either.” You mumbled, looking down while kicking a few pebbles on the ground. You two were walking around the park near the company while drinking some take out coffee you bought from a café nearby, “I ask myself the same thing all the time, you know.”

“Why?”

“Because.” You sighed, “B-Beca… Because.”

“Because?”

“Because, Mark, even if it’s wrong, even if I’m not sure if it’s right, I think I li-“

“Minseul?”

You turned around looking for the voice that cut you off and mumbling, “Nice timing.”

“I was about to visit you.” He came over to you. Staring blankly at nowhere, you realized that your husband was the person that cut you off. Your eyes widened in shocked, stuttering, “B-Baekhyun? W-What are you doing here?”

“Why do you seem so surprised? Can’t I visit my wife at work?” He chuckled as he went closer to you and giving you a peck in the lips before turning to Mark, “Hey, Mark. Nice to see you again.”

“Hey, Baekhyun.” The two shook hands. You stared at them before speakin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter