35.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun.” You called out for your husband. He turned to you and smiled as he let Minhyun walk over to you, “Go to mommy.”

Minhyun walked over to you with his little steps and you carried him, “Tell daddy to come here.”

“Appa~” Minhyun called for his father. Baekhyun ran over to you both, hugging you two as he pecked your forehead, “I am so glad you are completely fine now.”

“You both will never leave me again or else I’ll just go crazy and never recover.” You pouted. “We’re going to stay by your side. Right, Minhyun? We’ll stay by mommy’s side.”

You smiled and sat down, dipping your feet in the pool with Minhyun by your side, “Mark’s in America now.”

“Didn’t get to go to the airport this time?”

“Nope, I’m too busy catching up with you two.”

“Sir, your mother’s here.” A maid spoke up from the house. “Let her in the garden.”

You stood up as you saw your mother-in-law and she went over to you immediately, holding your hands, “Minseul.”

“Hello.” You mumbled. “I came here to apologize for the things I’ve done and for what I misunderstood.”

“No, it’s fine. I know you went out of hand but it was just because you wanted to protect your son and your grandchild. If I misunderstood something about Minhyun’s future wife, I might even get out of hand. Don’t apologize. I already forgive you.”

“You really are a kind child.” She hugged you tightly as you hugged back. Minhyun giggled and you both pulled away. “My grandson, I missed you.” Mrs. Byun carried him. Baekhyun wrapped his arms on your side as you two watched the scene and you looked at him.

“What? Am I too handsome?” He laughed. “Stop asking that question every time I look at you.”

“I was wondering.”

“This is what you should wonder about.”

“What?”

“Minhyun’s older now. He’s one year old and we’ve both graduated college.”

“What about that?”

“I… think… I’m ready for another child.”

“Are you sure, Minseul?” His eyes grew wide. “If you’re not ready, that’s fine, I understand. I want both of us to want it.”

“You really want another child?”

“I want a daughter.” You sighed, “Or if I can’t be a daughter, it’s okay. I just want another sibling for Minhyun.”

“Alright. Let’s have another child.” He nodded. “Really? You want it too?”

“Yes, really.” He pecked your lips, “Let’s try some time.”

--

“Where’s Minseul?” Sunhee asked the maids. “Study room.”

“Studying?”

“No, I think doing her work.” The maid laughed. “Oh right, she graduated already. Thank you.”

 

“Minseullie! I missed you so much!” Sunhee ran inside the study room, hugging you tightly, “You’re better now, right? You’re way better now. I’m so happy.”

You laughed as you hugged her and nodded, “I am fine now. Don’t worry.”

“I’ve been busy with school, I’m sorry I didn’t visit you a lot.”

“It’s alright. I’m busy with work too ever since Doctor Song said I could work again, I went to the office and there was a lot of work to be done.” You sighed. “Don’t overwork, okay?”

“Okay.” You smiled, “So, how are you and Kai doing nowadays?”

“We’re still going strong. I really think he’s the one for me.”

“I can’t wait ‘til you two are older and if you two are really meant for each other, you’ll get married and have little babies. Little Sunhee and Kai. Awww.”

“How about you and Baekhyun? No plans of having another child?”

“Well… we’ve talked about it. I want another one, he does too. We’re trying.”

“Oh yeah, Yeri and Myungsoo are in Jeju.”

“I heard Myungsoo’s proposing.”

“Really?”

“He didn’t tell you?”

“Yeah, as if we’re close as you two are.” Your bestfr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter