29.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shin Minseul! Why haven’t you been coming to work for 2 days?!” Your mother was shouting through the phone. You whined, “I feel sick.”

“Sick? Or are you just saying that because Baekhyun’s in the hospital? Sweetie, don’t be like this. He’ll wake up soon. You need to have energy for him and for Minhyun as well.”

“Mom… mommy.” You started to cry. ‘’What’s wrong?”

“Minhyun…”

“What about my grandson?”

“Mrs. Byun… s-she took him away from me.”

“What?! Why?!”

“Mom, I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry.” You cried harder, “I swear, I didn’t cheat on Baekhyun. Cross my heart, I was loyal to him.”

“What is this about, honey? What do you mean cheating on Baekhyun?”

You sobbed and all that was heard by your mother, getting no reply from you. “I’ll come over, honey. Wait for me.” She said before hanging up.

--

“Man, I feel bad for Minseul.” Jackson sighed. “You do? Why don’t you go comfort her then?” Yugyeom said. “Would it be okay if I did go to her house? To cheer her up a bit.”

“She doesn’t want me at her place and you expect she would want you there?” Jr. spoke up, “I’m her cousin."

“Mark hyung, you’ve been awfully quiet. You and Minseul noona are close, have you seen her?” Youngjae turned to the older one who was sitting in the corner quietly. Mark shook his head, “I haven’t seen her but all I know is I should apologize to her soon.”

“Apologize?” They all asked in curiosity. He shook his head once again, “Nothing, nevermind.”

“I hope her husband wakes up soon.” BamBam decided to speak up. “Let’s send her a video message to cheer her up, okay?” JB suggested. “I’m in!” Jackson and BamBam said in unison. “Me too!” Youngjae raised his hand. “Me as well.” Yugyeom added. “What kind of cousin would I be if I didn’t join?” Jr. chuckled. “Mark?” JB looked at him. Mark nodded in agreement.

--

Your mother let out a deep sigh, you had just told her the whole story about you and Mark, how Baekhyun came to find out, how your mother-in-law found out as well and how she took away Minhyun from you. You looked at your mother, scared of what she would have to say. Would she react the same way your mother-in-law did or would she talk it out?

“Minseul.” She spoke up, “We need to get Minhyun.”

“H-Huh? Wait, what?  You’re not going to scold me?”

“I want to and that’s probably what any other mother would do, but I can’t do that right now. I have no courage to scold you. You’re in a tough situation, your husband is in comatose, your son got taken away from you and your mother-in-law thinks you’re not worthy anymore, that’s enough for you to handle. Besides, if you say you didn’t cheat, I believe you because I know that you’re not that kind of person.”

You smiled as your eyes filled up with tears and you pulled your mother in a tight hug, “T-Thank you, mom. For believing in me, for having so much trust, and for being by my side.”

“I’m your mother and you’re my daughter, you came from me, I gave birth to you, you’re a gift from heaven to me and your father, I would do anything for you. I’ll always be here for you.” She patted your back gently, “You know how that feels, right? Minhyun may still be young but you would do anything for him as well, right?”

You looked at her, “Can we go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter