21.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You said what? You agreed? Why?!” Yeri practically screamed through the phone as you kept the phone near your ear. “Woah, take a chill pill.”

“I told you avoid him at all costs.”

“I tried to, but the answer just blurted out of my mouth.”

“If he asks you to cheat on Baekhyun and be with him, you’ll just blurt out yes?”

“That’s a different situation. Besides, Mark is not that kind of guy, he respects me and Baekhyun’s relationship. He won’t ruin it especially that I have a child.”

“You never know.” She sighed. “Look, I know Mark. Jr. knows Mark. My childhood friend, JB also knows him. They both said he’s kind, so we have nothing to worry about.”

“Yes, we do. You.”

“Well, okay, me. But when it comes to him, nothing at all.”

“Minseul, please do not do anything stupid.”

“I promise I won’t.”

“As your bestfriend and Baekhyun’s friend, and as a huge supporter for you two, I don’t want to see anything that would break you two apart.”

“Okay, nothing will happen between me and Baek.”

“Think about Minhyun.”

You nodded, “I am.”

“Good.”

“I have to study and finish up a few homeworks, see you at school tomorrow.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

 

You immediately hang up and looked at the notes on your study table, writing a few more down. “What happened?”

“Ms. Lee.” You looked behind you to see her standing by the door. “I heard everything.”

“Uh.” You were out of it and you didn’t even know how to explain what was happening. She went inside and closed the door, placing the glass of juice in front of you, “Here, have some.”

“Thank you.” You mumbled, getting the glass and holding onto it tightly. “You were talking to Yeri, that’s my guess.”

“Yeah.”

“What is it about Baekhyun you two talked about?”

“Well, it isn’t really about Baekhyun.”

“What is it about Mark?”

“I… well, you know… my feelings.” You mumbled. “Did you tell her?”

“Yes.”

“And?”

“She told me to avoid Mark at all costs until I have moved on.”

“I can’t say she’s right, but I can’t say she’s wrong either.”

“Do you know what to do?”

“Follow your heart.”

“What if my heart says Mark? I go to Mark and leave Baekhyun all hurt? How about Minhyun? He’ll be part of a broken family, he’ll always have that thought that the reason his parents are not together is because his mother fell inlove and had an affair with another man. I don’t want him to grow up thinking that, I don’t want him to grow up that way.”

“I doubt that your heart would say Mark.”

“W-Why? How are you sure it’s Baekhyun?”

“You may like Mark, maybe your feelings for him will become deeper, but I know and I can see that, you will never look at any man the way you look at Baekhyun.”

“Really?”

“I’m not perfect, so I can be wrong. But I’m pretty sure.”

“Thanks.” You looked at her as you softly smiled. She chuckled lightly and patted your cheeks, “Go on, finish studying then go to bed, you need to rest. You have school tomorrow.”

“Goodnight.” You gave her a hug and she left the room.

--

“Stop hitting me!” Sehun whined as Tao hit his arm, “What did I ever do wrong to you?”

“A lot of things!” The other one whined back as he hit the youngest once again. “Kids.” Chen sighed. “You’re like that too at times.” Chanyeol told him. “They’re like this all the time.”

“If Suho hyung and Kris ge was here, they would tell you to stop teasing me!” Tao argued. “Even if they were here, they wouldn’t tell me that. From highschool until they graduated college, the only times I heard them to stop teasing you was when you’re about to cry!” The youngest bit back. “Guys, please.” Kyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter