15.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did my dad say there was a driver to pick us up?” You asked Mark as you two walked out of the airport. He nodded in response while his eyes scanned around the cars, “Somewhere here.”

A middle-aged man waved his hand at you two and both of you turned to his direction. He came over and gave you two a smile, asking in English, “Ms. Shin and Mr. Tuan?”

You and Mark looked at each other and nodded. The driver nodded too and led you two to the car. Mark helped you put your luggage in the trunk of the car and you two hopped in.

 

“Singapore looks so pretty.” You said, dazed as you looked out the window, “Hey, Mark!”

“Hm?”

“For the three days we spent here, we only have the business meeting for two days. Can we spent the last day sightseeing and such? Or after the business meeting, can we go around, please?”

He chuckled as you pleaded like a little kid and nodded, “Since we’re here, why not?”

“Yes!” You clapped happily then turned your attention to the driver and asked in English, “Is the hotel far from the airport?”

“Not so, miss.” He replied. “I haven’t been called miss in a long time.” You whispered to Mark. He looked at you and chuckled, ruffling your hair. “Hey, no messing my hair.” You laughed and fixed your hair. He teased you and messed your hair once again, causing you to hit his arm playfully and pout.

--

“If you need me, I’ll be in my room.” Mark said before swiping his hotel card and opening the door. “I don’t like being alone~” You whined. He laughed as you whined and took your hotel card from your hands, swiping it to open the door, “Get in.” He pushed you into the room, “Go to me if you need anything.”

“I need you now! I don’t like the feeling of being lonely!” You complained. He rolled his eyes and chuckled, “Fix your things.”

“Mark~”

“Get some rest, we have a meeting to attend to.” He gave you back your hotel card and closed the door. “Mark!” You shouted as he closed the door. As soon as he was gone, you turned around and threw your backpack to the bed, pouting and pushed your luggage to the floor to open it. Your phone rang and you looked at the caller ID. You smiled as soon as you read the name, answering it, “Hubby!”

“Hi, wifey.” Baekhyun chuckled through the other line, “Did you arrive safely?”

“Mhm.” You hummed, “I miss you already.”

“Should I go fly there too?”

“Can you?”

“I can’t.” He laughed. You pouted, “Video call me. So you can see how I look right now.”

“How do you look?”

“Sad.”

“Are you pouting like a kid?”

“Maybe.” You playfully answered, “Where’s Minhyun?”

“I’m still at work.” He replied. “Oh. When you get home and Minhyun’s awake, call me.”

“Why should I?”

“I want to talk to my son.”

“If I don’t allow you to?”

“He’s my son, I gave birth to him, I went through the pain, I have every right to talk to him.”

“Woah, calm down.” He chuckled, “I’ll call you if he’s awake.”

“I love you~” You said, “When you go to sleep tonight, hug a pillow and imagine it’s me.”

“Are you going to do the same?”

“Yes.” You giggled, “I’ll cuddle with a pillow and pretend it’s you.”

“Not cuddling with Mark?”

“Are you high?”

He laughed, “I’m kidding. Besides, you can’t cuddle with Mark because you’re mine. All mine.”

“I’m yours.” You chuckled, “All yours, baby.”

“You make me miss you more.”

You laughed, “Get to work already. Call me when you’re free. No wait, actually text me before you call me because I might be at the business meeting by the time you want to call me.”

“Alright, I love you. Take care over there.”

“Take care too. I love you.”

--

“Well, the person we’re going to meet is late.” You said as you looked at your watch. “He’ll be here soon.” Mark replied. “You’ve been saying that for the past 30 minutes.” You looked at the restaurant’s entrance to see if anyone would come in. “It’s because you’ve been complaining for the past 30 minutes.”

“Okay, you win.”

“Mark, one point. Minseul, zero.” He laughed. You rolled your eyes, ignoring him, “I miss Minhyun.”

“Must be hard to be separated from him, huh?”

“Yeah, I just want to cradle him in my arms, teach him how to walk, and stuff.”

“Ms. Shin and Mr. Tuan?”

You two looked up and saw a middle-aged man standing in front of the table, you two stood up and nodded. “Ah, nice to meet you.” He shook hands with the two of you.

--

The two days you spent in Singapore for the business meetings were over and the last day there with Mark, he did as you wanted, he brought you outside and went sightseeing around Singapore, well at least wherever your feet brought you both. It was finally night and you two returned back to the hotel. No, you didn’t go back to your rooms, you went to the hotel bar and had a drink there.

“Why did you get into business? Did your father force you to the point you had no choice?” You asked. He chuckled lightly, “I guess that’s what you can say. Same for you, huh?”

You nodded, “It .”

“And they even let you get married to Baekhyun when you didn’t even like him.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t matter anymore, I mean, him and I eventually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter