05.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minseul.” Your husband came inside the bedroom, finding you asleep. He came over and looked at your sleeping face, he grinned at himself and leaned in for a kiss. You covered your mouth then pushed him away, “Don’t think about it.”

He laughed, “You’re awake?”

“You don’t say.” You stretched your arms and sat up, “I’m in need of sleep. I didn’t get enough sleep last night because of Minhyun, as usual. Even afternoon naps are not that long, I’m still sleepy.”

“Can we go on a date?”

“Hm?”

“A date. We haven’t gone on one since you gave birth to Minhyun.”

“Let me think.” You tapped your finger on your chin. “Stop teasing, just say yes.”

“You’re so impatient, you know that?”

“You’re quite impatient yourself.”

“Of course I’d go on a date with you.” You changed the topic, “I’d go on a date with you anytime.”

“You didn’t want to the other time.”

“Because I was really tired that time.”

He sat down on bed and smiled, “So yes? We’ll have a date, alright? There’s no backing out.”

“Unless it’s something related to Minhyun, I won’t back out, don’t worry. There’s no school, I don’t have anything to study.” You assured him. “Great.” He let out a soft chuckle before pushing you lay in bed with him and cuddling you while giving you soft kisses all over your face. You giggled and stopped him from kissing you as you buried you face on his chest, inhaling his scent, “It’s been so long since we cuddled like this.”

“You miss it, don’t you?”

You hummed as you nodded, “I won’t lie, I do miss it. You can’t even hug me like this before sleeping because by the time I get to bed, you’re already asleep, if not, it’s just out of my mind because I’m too tired to even move and I just want to sleep.”

“You’re doing a good job raising Minhyun.” the gentleness in his voice could be heard as he patted your back lightly and giving you a kiss on the forehead, “He couldn’t ask for a better mother.”

“And you couldn’t ask for a better wife, right?” You looked up at him. He nodded, “Of course, you’re the best. But why do you say that?”

“Because I bet if you got other girls pregnant, they’d give you the child and run away. So you’re left with the responsibility.”

“How would you know that?”

“Because you’re rich.”

“Isn’t it usually the boy running away when he finds out the girl is pregnant.”

“It’s different now. The girl gets pregnant, it’s either she tells the boy or not. Of course, if you tell the boy, it’s a 50-50 chance that he’ll accept it. Usually, he says no at first and the girl begs but he’ll accept the child a few months later or when the child is born. And then, when the girl gives birth, she leaves the child with the father and she runs away which makes the father responsible for the child and grows up without a mother. It’s quite saddening. And of course, to make it worse, when the child grows up, it depends it can be in 4 years time, or maybe 10 years, sometimes when the child is already a teenager or maybe even an adult, when they have work already. After all those years, the mother appears once again and tells the child she’s sorry and the father of the child doesn’t accept her after betraying him and the child is hurt so they wouldn’t accept the girl even if she’s the mother. After loads of drama, in the end, they all accept her and become a happily family. Sometimes though, it doesn’t end happy. It depends.”

“You’ve been watching too many dramas.” Baekhyun gave a short reply. “It doesn’t matter if I watch too many dramas or not, they’re usually based on a true story.”

“What’s your point?”

“My point is, if you got some another girl pregnant, there’s a chance that could have maybe happened to you. She’ll leave the child with you and run away.”

“Yeri wouldn’t do that.” He mumbled while remembering the past. “That wasn’t your child.” You shot him a glare at the sudden topic, “It was Myungsoo’s.”

“I never said anything.”

“But that was what was on your mind.”

“Okay, so it was. But if ever that was my child, Yeri wouldn’t have done that. She would be good mother.”

“And you wouldn’t have me here.”

“If you’re talking about dramas, there’s also this drama where the girl gets pregnant and the boy is willing to take responsibility but she runs away and gives birth somewhere else and raises the kid by herself not letting the kid know who his/her father is. The kid grows up fatherless then one day, the kid meets the father then the mother has to explain and everything which causes the drama.”

“So?”

“That would be you. Even if you broke up with me back then and we got a divorce, in the end, you would still be pregnant with Minhyun because you started to feel weird and had symptoms when you were deciding to give me another chance or not. You’ll find out you’re pregnant but you wouldn’t tell me, you’ll hide from me or go to another country, give birth to Minhyun there and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter