31.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol came running inside his bestfriend’s hospital room, “How are you, buddy?”

“Woah, Chanyeol. This is a hospital, not a playground.” Suho followed him as he scolded him. “That sounds as if you’re scolding a kid.” Chen laughed. “He’s practically like one.” Kyungsoo replied, “And Baekhyun, how are you?”

“Wow, not going to kill me, huh?” Baekhyun snickered. “Your condition matters at the moment.”

“Guys, we’re here too. Why not bother greeting us?” Sehun waved his hands in front of his hyungs, “Excuse me, Sehun, Kai, and Tao are here.”

“Oh- Hello, kids.” Xiumin laughed at them. “We’re not kids. You’re a grandpa.” Tao replied. “Way to go to greet your hyung.”

“Where’s Luhan hyung?” Baekhyun looked around. “You know how Lay is in China and Kris is back in Canada?” Suho replied. “Yeah.”

“Gege went to China as well. He’ll visit though like the others.” Tao spoke up before Suho could explain, “Looks like I’m the only Chinese one here.”

“Why not go to China as well?” Kai looked at him. “I like it here with you guys!”

“That sounds so gay.” Chen teased. “Anyway, Baekhyun, you haven’t answered our question yet. How are you?” Chanyeol changed the topic. Baekhyun smiled at them, “I’m doing fine. I’m strong now. I guess all that sleep from the coma made me super strong.”

“That’s good to hear. We brought you some food.” Suho placed lunchboxes on the bedside table. “Since we know how hospital food can be bad sometimes.” Kyungsoo added as he handed one lunchbox to his friend, “Here, some rice rolls.”

“Aw, thanks, guys.” He opened the lunchbox and ate one rice ball. “Hyung~’ Tao whined, staring at Suho. “I know you three haven’t ate anything yet. We brought some extra. Here, you are.” Suho handed the three youngest some lunchboxes.

“Baekhyun oppa!” Sunhee’s cheerful voice was heard. “Is that my cute girlfriend?” Kai grinned as he looked at the doorway and saw Sunhee standing there with Yeri and Myungsoo. “Hey there, guys.” Baekhyun greeted them with his mouth full. “Hey, Baek. How are you doing, man?” Myungsoo greeted him. “I’m strong.”

“That’s good. You should be discharged soon, right?” Yeri came in and looked at the pack of lunchboxes on the table, “Oh, you guys brought him food. We did too.” She chuckled as she placed the plastic bag of food on the table. Baekhyun looked at the three who just arrived with a blank expression on his face. “Something wrong, Baekhyun?” Xiumin noticed him. “It’s only the three of you?” He asked them. The three looked at each other and nodded.

“Oh.” He looked down. “Hyung.” Kai spoke up, “Are you looking for-“

“Kai! Tao! It’s getting crowded in here. Let’s go eat at the cafeteria.” Sehun suddenly spoke up and dragged his friends out of the room. “What’s with you?” Kai asked, flustered at his friend’s actions. As soon as they got out of the room and closed the door, Sehun hit Kai’s head, “You can’t tell him about Minseul unless he brings her up, okay? And if he asks, we can’t tell him what her condition is just yet. Remember what his mom told us, don’t talk about her.”

“He has the right to know, he’s her husband.”

“Not now. He just woke up from a coma. Even if he says he’s strong, we never know what could happen. He could panic about it and we don’t want that to happen.”

“Guys, I’m really hungry. Are we heading to the cafeteria or not?” Tao butted in the conversation. “Alright, let’s go.”

--

“Baekhyun? You seem quiet. Aren’t you feeling well? Should we leave and let you rest?” Xiumin asked, noticing his pale face. Baekhyun shook his head, “I’m fine.”

“Are you really sure?  You look pale.” Kyungsoo went over to him to check his forehead. “I’m alright. It’s just-“ He stopped midway and looked at Minseul’s three friends, “Guys, guys.”

“Yeah?” Myungsoo replied. “Where’s… Minseul?”

Not only the three, but all of them froze at his question. “M-Minseul?” Sunhee spoke up first, stuttering and not sure what to answer, “Minseul- Well, she’s at home!”

“Nice answer.” Yeri whispered to her sarcastically. “Why isn’t she visiting me? It’s been a week since I woke up.”

“She must be busy with work.” Chen replied. Baekhyun sighed, “But still, isn’t she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter