25.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?! You can’t! No! I won’t be able to live without you! Mark Tuan, no! N-O!” Jackson was shouting right in front of Mark’s face. He was shocked with Mark’s sudden announcement of leaving, all of them were. “Shut up, Jackson.” JB told him as he turned to Mark, “You must have a reason for leaving all of a sudden.”

“Can I keep that to myself?” He replied, shrugging. “You have to tell me.” Jackson spoke up, as usual. “No.”

“I’m your bestfriend!”

“A really noisy bestfriend, in fact.” Yugyeom said. “I’m older than you. Don’t say such things to me.”

The youngest one shook his head, keeping quiet and turned his attention back to Mark.

“Mark, what will happen to MarkSon? It can’t be JackBam! No!” Jackson whined. “Isn’t it AmeriThaiKong?” Youngjae asked. “It’s supposed to be.” BamBam pouted. Mark finally spoke up, “I know it’s a shock, I wouldn’t want to leave either. But, I’ll be back after a year, I guess. For now, I have to leave, okay?”

“How about your work in Minseul’s company?” Jr. asked. “My dad can get a representative in our company to replace me. It isn’t that hard to find a replacement.”

“Where are you going to work though?”

“In Taiwan, probably.”

“Why in Taiwan?” Jackson asked. “He’s Taiwanese, idiot.” BamBam replied. “Don’t idiot me.” He glared at the younger one, in which the younger one rolled his eyes.

“Does Minseul know?” Jr. asked another question. Mark nodded in response, “I told her first.”

“Why her fir-“

“Shut up, will you?!” Both Youngjae and JB cut off Jackson. He nodded and covered his mouth, giving them an ‘I’ll shut up already’ look.

“Hyung, the reason you’re leaving. It doesn’t have anything to do with noona, right?” Yugyeom asked in curiosity. The others all looked at him as soon as the youngest asked. Mark shook his head, “Nothing at all.”

--

You were at your office, playing with your pen, totally not focusing on your work. It’s been a few days since Mark decided that he wanted to leave, after that talk, everything got awkward, he wouldn’t even say hi, he’d just smile at you and leave. You hated the fact that everything seems to be changing now, just because of one conversation. It wasn’t you avoiding him anymore, it was him avoiding you.

 

Knock knock~

 

“Come in.” You sighed. “Hi.”

You recognized that voice and whispered, “Mark.”

“Um, can I come in?”

“Sure.”

He came in, holding a box which seemed to be his things; he placed it on the coffee table before heading to your desk. “Y-You’re leaving today?”

“I’m leaving the office today. My flight’s still unscheduled though.”

You looked down, nodding, “I see.”

“Thank you, Minseul.”

“Hm?”

“It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for being a friend, especially here at the company, since no one was my age but you.” He held out his hand. You grabbed his hand, shaking it, “Thank you as well, for everything.”

“I’ll see you soon. You never know, I can be back after a year.” He smiled. You gave him a small soft smile in return, nodding. “I’ll leave now. Take care.” He carried his box, heading for the door. “You too.”

He left your office and you sighed, kicking your legs under the table, “This . What happened to the friendship?”

As you mentioned friendship, you immediately picked up your phone, dialing Yeri’s number.

“Hello?”

“Yeri!”

“What’s up?”

“Mark left.”

“He already left the country?! Didn’t you just tell me the story yesterday?! That was fast!”

“Woah, chill. He left the office today.”

“You must be sad.” Sunhee’s voice said. “Is Sunhee with you?”

“Ain’t it obvious?” Yeri chuckled. “Minseul, are you crying?” Sunhee asked. “No.”

“You should be!”

“Why?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter