07.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minseul?” Ms. Lee came inside the study room, “Jinyoung’s here. He came with a friend.”

“Jr.? I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

She nodded and left the room, “I’ll tell him.”

You let out a deep sigh, you were tired, you’ve been studying quite a lot for weeks now that you don’t even get to see Minhyun much and maybe even Baekhyun, it’s just that or you haven’t been caring much about Baekhyun. You closed your books and mentally slapped yourself to wake up as you headed downstairs.

“Hey there.” Jr. flashed a bright smile as he saw you come down the stairs. “Hey.” You smiled and looked at the person next to him, “And this is?”

“Yugyeom.” Your cousin introduced him, “He’s a 97-liner.”

The boy called Yugyeom stood up and gave you a proper bow, “Nice to meet you, noona.”

“Please stop bringing young and tall kids.” You gave your cousin a playful glare. “Feeling short?” He chuckled. “More than ever.”

You turned your attention to Yugyeom and smiled, “Nice to meet you too, I’m Minseul.”

“Hyung says you’re a fun cousin.”

“It’s because his teasing will be the death of me.” You laughed as you took a seat beside them. “I thought Baekhyun’s teasing will be the death of you.” Jr. spoke up. “I take back what I said about you.” You chuckled. “Yugyeom has another friend that was supposed to be here but he couldn’t make it.”

“Is he the same age as you?” You asked Yugyeom. He shook his head, “He's a year older, it’s Youngjae hyung.”

“I see. Well, I’d be glad to meet him soon.” You smiled. “You’re happy to meet people now? What happened to the anti-social Minseul?” Your cousin teased you. “I was not anti-social. I just didn’t go out much, plus, I need new people in my life.”

“Bored with the ones you have in your life already?”

“More like bored with seeing Baekhyun everyday and I can't with his teasing anymore.” You whispered and let out a soft giggle. “I’ll keep that a secret for you.” He laughed. “Anyways, are you guys going somewhere today?”

Jr. nodded, “We’ll probably go skateboarding, who knows? But, I thought of you and visited you, want to tag along?”

“I can’t. I’m busy with school works.” You gave him a little pout. “Aw, next time then.” Jr. stood up and Yugyeom followed. “See you guys whenever.” You bid them goodbye as they left the house.

--

“Hi~” You heard Baekhyun’s soft voice as you felt a pair of hands wrap around you. “Baekhyun, let go.”

“Why?” He whined, “I want to cuddle.”

“I’m tired.” You sighed. “We don’t cuddle anymore.”

You opened your eyes and turned around to face him, he was pouting. As in, pouting so much as if he was a little kid who didn’t get a gift for his birthday.

“I’m sorry, I’m really tired. I just want to lay in bed, close my eyes, and sleep.”

“Fine.” He let go of you and faced his back towards you. “Baekhyun.” You sighed, “Don’t throw a tantrum over such a small thing.”

No reply.                                            

“Baekhyun.” You looked over at him, “Stop being so childish.”

He looked at you, “I don’t like that cousin of yours.”

“Wait, what? How did we get to this topic?”

“He’s so clingy towards you. Only I can be that clingy to you.”

“He’s my cousin and my bestfriend. Please emphasize cousin because that would mean we’re relatives which means we can’t fall in love and which also means you have nothing to be jealous about.”

“I don’t like that friend of his either.”

“The tall friend of his?”

“You know the one he came over with last week and ever since then, he’s been tagging along.”

“They’re friends, of course they would be together and he would tag along wherever Jr. went. Besides, Yugyeom’s a 97-liner.”

“97-liner?” Baekhyun eyes grew wide, “Why is he so tall?”

“Because he’s lucky.”

Baekhyun nodded in response without saying anything. “You’re not mad at me, right?”

He looked at you once again, “Why?”

“Because I have no energy to be all sweet to you.”

He gave you a small smile, “I love you.”

“Hm?”

“Whether you’re sweet or not, I love you.”

“You love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter