23.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you see the asterisk (*) and it will also end with another asterisk. That means that paragraph, verse, whatever you call it is a flashback, alright? And the paragraph in it is italicized, so you can tell it's flashback, I guess. 

“Hey there, handsome.” You wrapped your arms around your husband’s neck as you gave him a little peck on the cheek. “What’s with you today?” He raised a brow in curiosity. “Why is it every time I try to act sweet, you ask me that?”

“Because, you’re not usually like this.”

“Tch. We've been married for 2 years now, almost going to 3 years yet you’re not used to me being sweet from time to time.” You mumbled with a pout. “Alright, Ms. Pouty. I’ll try to get used to it.” He placed a soft peck on your pout which made you giggle. “I love you.”

“How much?” Baekhyun grinned. “Very very very much. This big?” You spread your arms wide, “Or maybe even bigger.”

He pulled you into his embrace, placing a soft kiss on your forehead, “I’m so lucky to have you.”

At the same time, your phone rang. “Hello?” You answered, “Oh. Mark, what’s up?”

“Mark?” Your husband looked at you as you said Mark’s name. You looked at him and shook your head, whispering to him, “What?”

“Nothing.” He chuckled. After a few minutes of talking to Mark, you finally put down your phone while your husband was stared at you. “Please don’t stare at me like that. I did not do anything wrong or say anything wrong.”

He leaned in closer to you, “What did you and Mark do last Friday night?”

“W-What? We just hang out.”

“Where did you two go?”

“A burger place then walked around the park.”

“Anything happened?”

“No, of course not.” You rolled your eyes. He sat up straight, “I was supposed to wait for you to come home but I fell asleep.”

“Aw. You were tired from work; you didn’t need to do that.”

Suddenly, Minhyun’s cries were heard. You and Baekhyun looked at each other for a while before going to the nursery.

“Why is my cute little son crying, huh?” You cradled Minhyun in your arms, “Are you hungry?”

As soon as you had your son in your arms, his crying stopped and Baekhyun chuckled, “Did you want your mommy’s attention that bad?”

“Yes.” You tried to sound like a kid, “Because mommy is better than daddy.”

“Yah!” Baekhyun shot a slight glare at you, “How are you so sure that’s what he’s thinking?”

“I’m his mother. I gave birth to him.”

“Minhyun, you like both mommy and daddy, right?” Your husband took Minhyun in his arms, “Of course you do, we’re your parents.”

You laughed as Baekhyun started to act ‘competitive’ for your son’s love once again. Minhyun drooled on Baekhyun’s shirt which made you laugh even harder, “Baek, his drool.”

“Huh?” He looked at his clothes, “Minhyun, how could you drool on your dad?”

“Wait.” You took a towel and wiped your son’s face before getting him from Baekhyun, “Alright, go change now.”

“Tsk. You are one naughty son.” He chuckled at Minhyun before leaving the nursery. “Aigoo, Minhyun. Why did you drool on daddy?” You laughed softly as you put him down on the play mat to crawl around. He started crawling around mumbling words to you. “Minhyun-ah, can you say ‘eomma’? Say eomma. eom-ma.” You tried to get your son to speak, “eom-ma.”

He looked at you with his ever-so adorable eyes, blinking while still mumbling. “Say it. Like this, slowly, eom-ma. You can do it, baby boy. I know you can, you’re my son.”

“Eom, eom.” He mumbled as he played around. Your eyes widened, “Come on, baby boy. You can say it.”

“Eo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter