10.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minseul, are you busy?” Mark opened the door and peeked. “What do you want?” You asked, still having your eyes on a paperwork. “I was about to get off work when I saw your office light still open, so I decided to come here.” He entered the office. “I didn’t say you were welcomed in here.”

“Oh, sorry.” He turned around, holding the doorknob. “I’m kidding.” You chuckled, “Take a seat.”

He laughed and sat down on the small couch, “Still not yet done? Are you going to finish everything today?”

“If I can.” You yawned, “But I doubt I could.”

Your cellphone rang and you looked at the caller ID. Baekhyun. Answering the phone, before you could even speak, he spoke up first, “Where are you? I miss you~”

“I don’t.” You teased. “Minseul~” He whined. “A month since we barely saw each other and now you say you miss me?”

He chuckled, “Yes. I miss my wife.”

“Your wife doesn’t miss you.”

“Minseul~”

“What?”

“Stop doing that.”

“Doing what?”

“That!”

You laughed and put him on speaker, “What is that?”

“That!” He whined, “Teasing me!”

“I miss you, Baekhyun.” You smirked and looked at Mark. “I miss you too. Can you come home now? I’ll make dinner for you.”

“I’d rather see Minhyun.”

“Minseul!”

“Bye, Baekhyun.” You hang up on him. Mark laughed and looked at you, “Do you love teasing him that much?”

“He’s much worse.” You chuckled and fixed the folders on your desk. Your phone rang once again and of course, knowing who it was you answered it, putting him on speaker once again, “Yes?”

“When are you coming home?”

“I don’t remember me calling you so much when you come home late from work.”

“Because you don’t care about me.”

“Says who?”

“Says me.”

You let out a soft chuckle as a response. “It’s true, isn’t it? It’s true!” He said. “Wow, you are just so wow, I don’t know how to describe you.”

“I’m picking you up.”

You looked at Mark and he was so into you and Baekhyun’s conversation, “Alright.”

“Good, because I’m already outside the company.”

“Oh wow. I’ll fix my things, just wait. I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” You said and hang up. You looked at Mark once again, “I saw that coming when he said he’d pick me up.”

“Does he always do that?” Mark raised an eyebrow. “Not really. But by the way he kept bugging me on asking what time I’d get off work, I had the idea already.” You chuckled and fixed the other things in your desk before grabbing your bag and leaving the office with him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled. “Take care.” You told him as you exited the elevator. “You too.” He replied and the elevator door closed going down to the parking lot. “Who is that?”

“One of the new stockholders. He’s the son and his father wants him to handle the stocks in this company.” You turned around knowing Baekhyun was coming over. “Let’s go.” He smiled and practically dragged you to the car, “You look tired.”

“You make me tired.” You teased, “You kept calling me today. Don’t you have work too?”

“I ended work early, okay?” He explained. “Alright.” You chuckled, “Whatever you say.”

--

“Baby~ wake up~” Baekhyun’s soft voice went through your ears. You rolled around and covered yourself with the blanket. He shook you and removed the blanket, “Wake up.”

You pushed him away, pulling the blanket over you once again. He sighed and removed the blanket once again, “If you don’t, I’ll kiss you awake.”

“Why isn’t that sweet?” You mumbled before covering your face on the pillow. “You’ll be late for work and your dad’s going to scold you, get up.” He said. You groaned and shook your head, “I don’t care.”

He flipped you, making you face him and you heard his chuckle, “If you don’t open your eyes I’m going to tickle you.”

Knock knock~

“Come in.” Baekhyun said. One of the maids opened the door, “Ma’am, Mr. Tuan is here to pick you up. He said you two are going to a breakfast meeting today to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter