13.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your delivery is here.” Mark came in your office without knocking. “Delivery?” You looked up at him as soon as you hear his voice, “And please knock next time.”

He chuckled and placed two bowls of black bean noodles on the table as he plopped down on the couch, “Yep, delivery.”

“What’s that supposed to be?” You asked. “Food. Come here and let’s eat.”

You let out a soft chuckle and stood up from your chair, making your way to the couch. Mark picked up one bowl of black bean noodles and removed the plastic wrap over it. He separated the wooden chopsticks and started to dig in. You watched as he ate and you took your bowl of black bean noodles, also starting to dig in.

“Are you done with your work?” You asked him. He nodded, slurping the noodles, “Decided to do the others tomorrow. I had quite a headache awhile ago.”

“Why didn’t you go home then?”

“I didn’t want to leave you behind.”

“Leave me behind? I have a driver to bring me home.”

“I know.” He chuckled.

After around 10 minutes of eating and talking, you two had finished eating already. “It’s getting late, we should go home.” You looked at your watch. He nodded, “Go fix your things then.”

You  went over to the desk, fixing everything. You took your bag and slung it over your shoulder, “Come on.” You turned around, bumping into Mark who was actually behind you. He grabbed your waist, causing to catch you before you fell. “I’m sorry.” You said. He laughed and grabbed your waist even tighter, bringing you closer to him. His hands went from your waist to your back, making him wrap his arms around you, hugging you. “M-Mark?”

He sighed and hugged you even tighter, resting his chin on your shoulder while you were facing his chest. “Mark, are you alright? Is there anything bothering you? Do you feel okay?”

“I’m fine.” He replied, “Everything’s alright.”

“Then you can let go of me because we need to go home now. It’s getting la-“

“No.” He cut you off, hugging you even tighter, “There’s something bothering me.”

“What is it? Do you want to talk about it?”

“You.” He whispered, more of like, sighed. “Me?”

“You’re bothering me.”

“How am I bothering you? I’m really sorry if I bother you.”

He let out a soft chuckle, “In a good way, I guess.”

“How is bothering a person be something good?”

“You’re always on my mind.” said Mark, “I don’t know why, but I’m always thinking about you that I can’t concentrate. You’re bothering me all the time because I think of you, but for me, that’s a good thing. I always want to see you, I want to go to your office and see you but because of work, I can’t do that all the time.”

“I don’t get what you’re sayi-“

“I like you, Minseul.” He confessed, “I know you’re married, I know you have a child, but I like you. I can’t stop myself, I like you so much.”

“Mark.” You sighed, “This is nonsense.”

“No, it isn’t. You may think it is, but it’s not. It’s true, I like you.”

You pulled away from the hug, looking at him, “You can’t like me, Mark.”

“Because you’re married? I know, I won’t break you and Baekhyun apart, don’t worry. I just can’t keep this to myself any longer.”

“Not just because of that. Putting aside the fact that we’re the same age which makes us friends, when it comes to business, I’m your business partner and your boss.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“But still.”

“Can I be stubborn like you for once?”

“Huh?”

“I like you, and that’s that. You can’t change anything about it.” He told you and walked out of the office.

--

“Baby?”

“Hm?” You looked at your husband. “You’ve been spacing out since you came home.”

“I’m sorry, there’s just a lot going on at work, as usual.” You sighed, hugging him and burying your face on his chest. “Same here, I never get time for you or Minhyun anymore.”

“I know. Minhyun must miss us a lot.” You replied, “I always check on him when I come home but he’s asleep already, during weekends that is. On weekdays, there are times I get lucky and see him awake. And even with you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter