24.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

You can kill me for not updating for.. a month? I don't know. But it's been awhile, so kill me if you please. Loljk. I still want to live. I have loads of dreams I want to fulfill. I'm so so sorry for the long wait. ;;;

It’s been weeks since Mark and you had a ‘normal’ conversation as friends. Trying to avoid him except on work-related things was hard for you. He was your only friend in the office, you wanted to talk to him despite everything.

“Ms. Shin?” Your secretary spoke through the intercom. “Mrs. Shin.” You corrected her. “Ah, I’m sorry. Your cousin is on line 3.”

“Jinyoung?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, thank you.” You held up the phone, pressing the number 3, “Hello, Jinyoung-ah?”

“Minseul!” Two voices could be heard. “Jaebum-ah?”

“Yes yes!” The two excitedly replied. “What is it?” You chuckled at the sound of their excited voices, “I miss you both.”

“We miss you too.” JB responded while Jr. went right into the topic of why he called, “Minseul, I’m going to have a party.”

“A party?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“I want to.”

“Do you have nothing to do with your life?”

“Nothing.” He laughed. “He really doesn’t.” JB teased. “Yah!”

“I’m kidding!”

You shook your head at two’s childishness, “When is it?”

“Next Saturday.”

“No, next next Saturday.” JB corrected. “No, 2 weeks.”

“Right, next next Saturday is 2 weeks.”

“Wait, guys. I’m confused now.” You told them. “It’s in 2 weeks.”

“So, next next Saturday?”

“Is it?” Jr. asked confused. You looked at the calendar on your desk, “On the 21st?”

“Yes!” The two said in unison. “Next next Saturday it is then. I’ll be there.”

“With Minhyun?”

“No.”

“Why nooot?” Jr. was practically whining through the phone. “Because isn’t your party at night or something?”

“Afternoon. 4 in the afternoon, to be exact.”

“I’ll try.”

“Yes!”

“Though I’m not sure, okay? It would be hard to bring him to a party with you guys. And won’t you have friends over, that would be so unsuitable for a baby to be there.”

“He’s not a baby anymore.” JB said, “He’s already one year old.”

“Still a baby to me.”

“He’s a toddler.”

“Nope, a baby.” You firmly said, “He’s my son. If I say he’s a baby, he’s a baby.”

“He’ll always be your baby, even if he grows up, you’ll still see him as your baby. You’re his mother.”

“Exactly.” You chuckled. “Are you two done now?” Jr. asked. “I guess.”

“Minseul, aren’t you graduating soon?”

“In a month’s time, yes.”

“You’re a total grown-up now!” JB said in shock. “Wow, yay.” You said in pure sarcasm. “Are we bothering you?” JB asked. “No, not we, just you, JB.” You teased. “Hey!”

You laughed, “I have work right now.”

“Alright, we’re bothering you. You should have just said it.” JB replied, “We’ll see you soon. Take care.”

“Okay, you both take care as well. Say hi to your friends for me, especially those two, Jackson and BamBam.”

“They still have a crush on you.” Jr. whispered. “They have charms as well, you know.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Now, bye, alright?”

“Bye.” The two hang up and you shook your head as you laughed, talking to yourself, “Gosh, I miss those days when we were kids.”

--

“Jinyoung’s throwing a party on the 21st.” You told Baekhyun as you were changing Minhyun’s clothes. “Are you going?”

“Of course. Do you want to come along?”

“Aren’t you going to study for the exams? We’re graduating soon.”

“Exams can wait and it’s only one day. Besides, I’m pretty sure I can pass.”

“Go have your fun.” He chuckled. “You’re not going to the party?”

“I have a meeting on the 21st.”

“Meeting? It’s usually our off during weekends.”

“I know, but this one was needed to be on the weekend.”

“What time?”

“It starts at 3 in the afternoon.”

“Oh. The party’s at 4.” You sighed. “Go on and just go by yourself, it’s alright.”

“They wanted me to bring Minhyun along too.”

“Is Minhyun going to party crazy?” He laughed as he carried Minhyun into his arms. Your son giggled as Baekhyun asked. “Looks like he will.” You laughed, “But I’m thinking on whether to bring him or not.”

“Just keep thinking while Minhyun and I practice walking.” He said as he put Minhyun down on the mat, letting him stand. You and Baekhyun went to the corner of the room and called out for Minhyun to walk to you both. “Come here, Minhyun. Come to mommy and daddy. Walk to us.” You spread your arms wide as you called for him. Minhyun slowly started to walk, little steps at a time as he looked at you both. He fell on his and nearly cried, but didn’t. “Minhyun’s such a strong boy. Come on, continue walking. Come to us.” Baekhyun cheered as Minhyun stood up and started to walk towards you both once again.

Finally, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter