30.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minseul, hi. I’m here again.” Mark said as he sat beside you. You were watching TV and as expected, you didn’t respond to him or to anyone. He went in front of you, holding your hand and smiled, “I visited Baekhyun yesterday when no one was there. He seems to be doing well. I know he’ll wake up soon and he’ll fix everything. You’ll get Minhyun back.”

You stared at him, blinking. “Hyung?”

Mark looked up to see Jr. standing there, just arriving, “Jinyoung, you’re here.”

“You should have told me you were going here. We should have went together.” Your cousin chuckled as he walked towards you and Mark, he patted your head and greeted you, “Hey, Minseul.”

“Do you know?” Mark asked in a low voice. Jinyoung nodded as he looked at you and caressed your cheeks, “She had it really hard.”

Mark nodded in agreement as he sighed, “But this is all my fault.”

“Hyung, don’t say that.”

“It’s true. If I didn’t fall for her, it wouldn’t end up here. I knew she was married but I still continued to love her.”

“But look at it now, you’re the one here for her, right?”

“I have to be here for her. She needs someone and this is the only thing I can do after messing up their family. I didn’t want their family to get ruined.”

“You didn’t ruin their family, hyung. What happened to Baekhyun hyung isn’t your fault.”

“It is. If she didn’t go to the airport to stop me from leaving, Baekhyun wouldn’t have to pick up Minhyun. It should have been her picking him up, and everything would be okay because she would be there earlier. Nothing would happen.”

Jr. stared at him as Mark kept letting out his regrets. Mark continued, “By now, I would be gone and they would be one happy family.”

“Jinyoung, Mark, can you come here for awhile? Come have some snacks.” Ms. Lee came over, “Her therapist is here. They need to be alone.”

The two nodded and Jinyoung looked at you, “Minseul, you have your therapy session. Do well, okay? We’ll just go have some snacks and come back when you’re done.”

They both followed Ms. Lee to the dining room.

--

“Have you visited Minseul?” Sunhee asked Yeri as they both gobbled down their burger. Yeri shook her head, “I’ve been thinking of visiting her but I don’t think I can see her with her situation. It hurts my heart.”

“Let’s go together.” The younger one suggested. “How about me?” Kai spoke up, “Can I come along? I’m close with Minseul noona.”

“We know you’re close with her.” Sunhee rolled eyes at her boyfriend. “I want to come along too. I feel bad for her.” Myungsoo nodded. Yeri looked at the two boys before shaking her head, “I know you feel bad for her and you want to visit her. But can Sunhee and I visit her alone for now? We’ll bring you guys next time.”

“Only the two of us?” Sunhee asked the older one. Yeri nodded, “Yeah, don’t you think it’s good if her bestfriends talked to her. I bumpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter