27.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun?” You walked over to your husband who was lying in bed, facing his back towards you. Ever since your sudden ‘confession’ about your feelings for Mark last night, Baekhyun hasn’t talked to you the next morning, he actually hasn’t talked to you the whole day. “Baek..”

No response.

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry.”

Once again, no response. You sighed, leaving the room and heading to the nursery. You took Minhyun from the nanny and brought him to your shared room with your husband. You put down Minhyun on the bed, making him crawl to Baekhyun. Baekhyun immediately responded to his son, turning to look at Minhyun. You sat on bed, looking at the two play with each other before focusing your attention on Baekhyun. As soon as you opened your mouth to talk, Baekhyun cut you off, “If you’re going to say sorry, use Minhyun to get my attention, and think that if you explain things to me right now, I’ll still be calm because Minhyun’s around, you’re smart because that actually works but still.”

“Still what?”

He sighed and put Minhyun on his lap, keeping his attention on his son while talking to you, “Tell me. Your feelings for Mark… are they gone?”

This time, you were the one who didn’t respond.

“They’re not, aren’t they?”

“Even if the feelings are still there or not, it doesn’t matter. Because my feelings for him are nothing compared to my feelings for you. I love you.”

“You can’t love two people in this kind of way, at the same time. You can only do that with family and friends. Loving two people as more than friends, it can’t be.” Your husband finally looked at you. You shivered as you felt his strong gaze on you. You sighed as you realized what he had said, whispering, “You’re right. It can’t be.”

“Let’s get this cleared up when your feelings are all cleared up.”

You nodded, “I guess so.”

--

It was the day of Mark’s flight; you paced around the office as you looked at the time. 6 PM.

“Ugh, what am I doing? Why am I watching the time?” You talked to yourself as you sat down, “Stop it and concentrate on your work.”

You picked up a pen to do your work, 5 seconds later, putting it down. You groaned as you thought about the things Baekhyun told you and suddenly your mind started flashbacking to all the memories you had with Mark.

Out of nowhere, you wore your jacket and picked up your phone as you ran out of the office. Luckily, someone had just gotten out of a taxi that you ran as fast you could to catch up to it.

“To the airport and please be fast.” You told the taxi driver while trying to catch your breath. Looking at time, it was 10 minutes past 6. Knowing the distance from the office to the airport, it was around 30 minutes. If the flight would take off at 7, you would be there around 6:40 and Mark would already be in the plane already, getting ready to take off.

“Um, can you please hurry up, ahjussi? It’s something important.”

“This is the fastest I can go, or else I would be going over the speed limit.”

“Ah, alright then. Thank you.” You leaned your back, looking at your phone. Looking through the contacts, you dialed Mark’s number.

“Shoot.” You whispered, “Out of service.”

Your phone rang after you put it down. Baekhyun.

“Hello?”

“Where are you? Aren’t you supposed to pick up Minhyun at my mom’s place?”

“Shi- well, uh uh, something came up. Can you pick him up for me?”

“What came up?”

“It’s just something important.”

“My mom asked if you could personally pick up Minhyun because she has something to talk about with you.”

“I’m sorry, but I really can’t. I’ll talk to her next time.”

“Is this something more important than your own son and mother-in-law?”

“No, it's not like that. But I won’t make it in time if I do pick him up. Doesn’t your mom need to be somewhere by 7:30? And please tell her that I really am sorry. I’ll talk to her next time, I promise.”

“Fine.” He sighed, “I’ll go.”

 

After what seemed the long ride, you reached the airport and as you hurriedly paid the taxi driver, you got out the car and ran inside the airpo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter