12.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minhyun~” Mark cooed, playing with Minhyun, who was crawling around the nursery. Mark insisted that he had to meet Minhyun, he wanted to see how adorable your son is in person, though he did see a few pictures, he wanted to personally meet Minhyun. You chuckled as you watched the two play, Minhyun seemed to get along with Mark well, he barely even cried when Minhyun carried him, it looks like they were off to a good start. You sat cross-legged on the mat laid on the floor which you put up as soon as Minhyun had started crawling so that he can crawl around and not his head on the hard floor. Minhyun crawled towards you and when he was finally in front of you, he held his arms high. “What do you want? You want me to carry you?” You giggled, teasing him. He kept holding his arms high and mumbling baby words. “Mommy’s not going to carry you~”

He went on all fours again, crawling to get closer to you until he placed both his hands on your knees, standing up in front of you with support. You laughed and put him in between your legs, “Look, Uncle Mark feels lonely now that you’re not playing with him.” You pointed at Mark who was watching you two. Mark played along as he pouted and pretended to cry. Minhyun looked at you with his innocent eyes and you could notice the confused look he had. You laughed once again, “Let’s go to Uncle Mark~” You let him crawl and you went to sit beside Mark. Minhyun stared at you from across the room and you had your arms open wide, “Come to mommy~”

He giggled and started crawling towards you and Mark. He finally reached you and you placed him in Mark’s lap. Mark willingly took him and looked at Minhyun, “I have a toy for you.” He took one of Minhyun’s toys and waved it in front of your child. Minhyun grabbed the toy and started shaking it around while giggling. After a few minutes, Minhyun threw the toy away and lost his energy, he rubbed his eyes and yawned, looking at Mark. “Time to sleep.” You said, carrying Minhyun into your arms. He refused to separate from Mark and cried when you carried him. You were shocked at Minhyun’s actions and so was Mark. Mark took him back in his arms and Minhyun’s cries were stopped. “Looks like you have to put him to sleep.” You whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” He gave you an assuring smile. “I’ll make his milk.” You said, turning around and going over to the other side of the room where all the milk and bottles were.

After making his milk, you gave the bottle to Mark and he cradled Minhyun while feeding him. “You seem experienced.” You watched him put your son to sleep. “I took care of my baby cousin once in awhile when I was in America.”

“I see.” You smiled. The door opened and you both looked at the doorway, seeing Baekhyun come in. “Oh, Baek.” You stood up, smiling at him, “This is Mark, my co-worker, the one I had a breakfast meeting with and the fathers too.”

“Oh, that Mr. Tuan guy?”

“Yeah.”

“Nice to meet you.” Baekhyun let out a hand but immediately put it down when he saw Mark carrying Minhyun. “Minhyun was sleepy and when I was going to put him to sleep, he refused to leave Mark and he cried so in the end, Mark had to go through this trouble.”

“I told you, it’s alright.” Mark joined in, “And nice to meet you too, Baekhyun. Minseul has told me a lot about you.”

“She told you nice things, right?” He suspiciously glared at you. “Maybe, maybe not.” You chuckled. “And I always tell good things about you to the people at my work. That’s unfair.” He said. You stuck out a tongue at your husband as a reply. He chuckled, “I’ll leave you two first. I’m quite tired and there’s school tomorrow. It was nice meeting you, Mark. Next time, let’s talk a bit more, when yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter