33.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minhyun, we’re going to see mommy today.” Baekhyun whispered to his son, “Are you excited? Because daddy is super excited. I miss your mommy so much.”

Baekhyun carried Minhyun in his arms and headed downstairs, “Mom’s not yet ready?”

“Not yet.” The maid replied. “Mom, hurry up!” Baekhyun shouted. “This kid. Tsk. I’m your mother, you can’t just shout at me like that.”

“You take so long to get ready.” He whined. “Look at you whining while carrying your son.” She shook her head as she sighed. “Let’s go. We’re excited to go to the kids’ park.” Baekhyun chuckled as he lifted Minhyun in the air, “You’re excited to play, right?”

--

Baekhyun walked around the park with his mother while pushing Minhyun in a stroller. Minhyun had started to whine about something and Baekhyun couldn’t get it. “What do you want? Milk? Biscuit? What do you want?” Baekhyun was stressed trying to guess what he wanted, “Is your diaper full?”

Minhyun kept whining and Baekhyun noticed Minhyun looking at one direction, looking to where his son was staring at, he realized that he wanted to try the slide. “Okay okay.” Baekhyun chuckled as he got him out of the stroller, “Let’s go to the slide.”

“Be careful.” His mom warned him, “He might get hurt. I’ll be by the bench if you need anything.”

Baekhyun nodded as he went over to the slide with Minhyun and held him tightly while sliding him down. Minhyun laughed as he slid down. They continued a few times before Minhyun whined again, wanting to try the swing.

While going to the swing, Baekhyun noticed two familiar faces behind the bushes, he smiled at them, making sure his mom didn’t notice. He leaned to Minhyun, whispering, “Uncle Chanyeol and uncle Sehun are here. We’ll go to them later.”

After playing in the swing, Baekhyun went back to the bench and sat down, panting, “Do we have water? Minhyun plays so well that you get tired.”

“Water?” His mother checked the bag and shook her head, “No water.”

“Can you buy some, please?”

“Here’s some mone-“

“I’m too tired to move.”

“Okay, I’ll go buy.” She stood up, “Anything else?”

“Hm, juice for Minhyun and some snacks.”

“Okay. Wait here, play a bit more while I buy.”

He nodded and waited for her to get out of sight. As soon as she was not seen, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Chen, and Suho came running to him. “Look Minhyun, it’s your uncles.” He waved Minhyun’s hands at them. “Aigoo. Minhyun, it’s been so long.” Chanyeol carried him. “Where are the others?” Baekhyun looked around. “At Minseul’s place.” Suho replied. “Tao’s at the car.” Kai added. “Tao’s going to drive?” Baekhyun chuckled, “Better hold on tight to Minhyun.”

“Yah!” Tao’s whine was heard. “I told you to stay in the car.” Suho face palmed. “Whatever.” The younger one rolled his eyes. “Let’s go before your mom comes back.” Chen said as he started walking. They all nodded and followed.

--

Baekhyun sat inside the car, staring out the window as they were in driveway of his own house. His shared house with Minseul. “What are you thinking of?” Suho interrupted his thoughts. “What if my mom was right, what if she said was true.” He mumbled, “What if Minseul really has decided to leave us? When I see her, will she say it all to me and clear everything out?”

“You know Minseul isn’t that type of person.” Chen replied to his thoughts. “No, she isn’t, right? I trust her and I know she won’t do such things. She’s too afraid to do so.”

After sometime, Baekhyun took a deep breath and got off the car, he fished his keys in his pocket and unlocked the door. “You have your keys?” They all stared at him. “My mom never took away my person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter