32.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is she?! What happened to her?! Why am I here?! Why am I not with her?!”

“Byun Baekhyun! Don’t you dare talk to me like that! Remember, she may be your wife but I am your mother.”

“Then tell me, tell me why I’m here. It’s been two days and I haven’t gotten an answer.” He sighed, “Why is Minhyun here as well?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why can’t you tell me? I have the right to know everything that happens to her.”

“Enough with this, Baekhyun. She left you, I told you that already. Isn’t that clear? I have to go to work. You should rest. The doctor said you couldn’t work yet anyways.” His mother left the house.

Baekhyun looked at the nanny and went to her, pleading, “Please… Please tell me why Minhyun and I are here. Tell me where Minseul is.”

“I-I’m sorry. I want to tell you, sir. But your mother threatened me, us actually, not to tell you anything.”

“Please.”

“I’m really sorry.” She bowed feeling guilty, “I’ll check on Minhyun.”

Baekhyun wore his jacket and headed out the door but was stopped by a bodyguard once he was at the gate. “Really now?! Really?! A bodyguard?! Since when?!”

“Please go back inside the house, sir.”

“I have to see my wife!”

“Your mother ordered us not to let you out the house.”

“ her orders! I have the right to see my wife! Let me out of here!”

“Sorry, sir.” The bodyguard bowed and brought him back inside the house. “At least tell me what the hell happened to Minseul so I wouldn’t have to worry. I’m not even allowed to contact anyone unless they contact me first and no one’s been trying to contact me!”

“Sir, please calm down. You just got out of a coma, being stressed doesn’t help.” A maid told him. “I wouldn’t be stressed if you just told me what happened to Minseul.”

He went to the room where Minhyun was at and carried his son into his arms, “Minhyun, where’s your mom?”

“E-Eomma.” Minhyun mumbled. “Mhm, where’s mommy? What happened to her?” His eyes teared up, “I want to see her. I miss her so much.”

“You miss her too, right?” He kissed his son’s cheeks, “We’re not complete now because she’s not here. And you don’t believe your grandmother, right? Your mom wouldn’t leave us like this, right? Well, at least she wouldn’t leave you. That’s why I refuse to believe anything because maybe she could leave me, but not you. Never you, she loves you too much to leave you.”

--

“Guess what. There are bodyguards watching Baekhyun hyung, he can’t go out. That’s why he still doesn’t know what happened to Minseul noona.” Kai told them. “Really?” Suho’s eyes grew wide in shock, “His mom is out of her head.”

“We all know how this started. But Minseul never cheated on him, she wouldn’t even have the courage to do that and to hurt him.” Sunhee said, “I mean, okay, she saw them kiss, even if Minseul kissed him, it was just a kiss. It’s not like they were doing ‘that’ or something. I’m her bestfriend, I know her.”

“I tried to go to Baekhyun’s house. They asked me who I was and didn’t let me in. His mom is smart. She knows that once we’re with him, he’ll ask questions and we’ll give him the answer.” Chanyeol added as he sighed, “I feel bad for my bestfriend.”

“Hey, guys. Why don’t we get someone to contact Baekhyun for us and we’ll help him escape, okay?” Chen suggested. “We’ll get into trouble.” Suho replied. “So what if we get into trouble? It’s just into trouble with his mom, not the law. Besides, he deserves to know what happened to Minseul and everything else. He needs to know the truth.”

“I’m in!” Kai, Sehun, and Chanyeol exclaimed. Suho sighed before answering, “Why not, it seems fair for him. I’ll ask the others to join this plan as well. I’ll text them.”

“Hm, but who should we use to contact him? If we say w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter