14.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I thought you said you could take care of yourself, but look what has happened to you.” Baekhyun sighed as he placed a wet towel on your forehead, “How can you be so weak? You got a fever from a baby.”

“It’s not my fault.” You coughed and had no energy to argue with Baekhyun at all, as much as you wanted him to be quiet, you had no energy to tell him that. “I’m not saying it’s your fault, it’s just that how can a mother be so weak?”

You gave him a little pout and he chuckled, “Still acting cute at times like this? Get some rest.”

You nodded and following his orders, closed your eyes and drifted to dreamland while hoping to wake up with no fever anymore.

--

“Minseul.” You heard a woman’s soft voice wake you up, “Minseul, wake up, you need to eat and take your medicine.”

You groaned and slowly opened your eyes, seeing Ms. Lee standing beside the bed. “Come on, have some porridge. You haven’t eaten anything proper for the day.”

“I have no appetite.”

“Force yourself to eat it, you need to.”

You sighed, sitting up in bed and Ms. Lee placed a tray in front of you. You lifted the spoon and scooped up some porridge, eating it. She smiled as she watched you eat then placed at medicine pill on the bedside drawer, “After you finish that, take the medicine.”

You slightly nodded, still feeling unwell as you did when you fell asleep, “Did Baekhyun go to work?”

“Yes.” She replied and left the room, “Oh, and you have a guest.”

“A guest?” You asked yourself. “Hey there.” Mark peeked into the room, “Can I come in?”

“Mark.” You muttered under your breath then slowly nodded. He smiled and came in the room, sitting on the bed, “You should take better care of yourself.”

You nodded once again while eating. “The office feels really lonely without you. I wouldn’t have come here but as a good friend, I was worried so I decided to take a break and visit you. Are you feeling any better?”

“I guess.” You mumbled, not looking at him. He looked at you and watched you eat as you awkwardly gave him replies to his never-ending questions. “Minseul.” said Mark. “Hm?”

“Please don’t be awkward with me.”

“What?”

“I know you’re being awkward with me after what happened. After that, you were purposely avoiding me at the company and now you’re sick, I come to visit you and you have no choice, you can’t avoid me but you’re showing me that you feel awkward.”

“Oh.” The only word that came out of your mouth. “Minseul.” He sighed. “I’ll try not to be awkward.” You replied, “It just shocked me when you said that, I mean, I’m married and I have a child, I got used to getting confessions when I wasn’t married or when I was married but had no feelings for Baekhyun but after that, no one ever told me how they felt and stuff. So, you telling me this was just quite a shock.”

“I’ll control my feelings. I’ll try, I promise.” He smiled. You looked at him straight in the eyes and gave him a small smile back. “Eat up and take your medicine. So you’ll get better and I’ll see you in the office once again.”

You nodded and went back to eating.

--

“Feeling any better?” Your husband asked as he jumped into bed with you. You looked at him and slightly nodded, “My fever went down. I might be better tomorrow morning.”

He smiled, “Good.”

“You didn’t say bye to me when you left this afternoon.”

He chuckled and looked at you, “Are you sad about it? Plus, you were sleeping. I didn’t want to wake up a sick person. You needed rest.”

You poute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter