17.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I haven’t seen you in a while.” Mark came into your office and placed a cup of coffee in front of you. “Exams.” You mumbled. “Must be stressful with a lot in mind, huh?”

“Mhm.” You nodded, not paying any attention to him but was concentrating on your book. “Do you just study anywhere and anytime you can?”

You let out a deep sigh, “I have to, I have to finish college plus I need to maintain my grades and my ranking in school.”

“Is Baekhyun as stressed as you?”

“No, he’s a born genius or something. I hope Minhyun’s like that too though.”

“Minhyun would totally be. His dad’s smart, his mom’s smart too. His parents are also both good looking. Minhyun’s got good genes.”

“And his parents are also way too stubborn to also listen to each other’s opinions.”

“Well.” Mark chuckled, “I guess? I know you’re stubborn but I don’t know much about Baekhyun.”

You took the cup of coffee, taking a sip before palming your forehead and rubbing your nape. “Want a massage?” Mark asked. “I guess that would be good.”

He stood up, going behind you as you sat up straight on your chair. Putting his hands on both your shoulders, he started massaging you. “It’s relaxing.” You closed your eyes and smiled softly. “You should stress yourself much. It’s bad.”

“Mark?”

“Yeah?”

“I want to go out for some fresh air, can you come with me? It feels boring alone, besides we’re just going to the park near the company.”

“I don’t have much work, I’ll accompany you since you want to.”

--

“Ms. Lee?” You went up to her. “Yes, sweetie?”

“I-I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“Please don’t tell Baekhyun I ever asked you this or that we ever talked about it. Please.”

She nodded, “No problem.”

“I-Is it…” You sighed. “Is it what?”

“Is it wrong for a married woman to like someone else or fall in love with someone else?”

“Why do you ask that?”

“Just curious.” You replied, looking around the surroundings as you avoided her gaze. “We’re all humans, we can’t control our emotions, falling in love with someone else, that’s huge. But liking someone else even if you’re married, it’s normal. You find a person attractive and such, it’s totally normal for anyone. Falling in love though, that’s quite hard, don’t you think? Because you just don’t like that other person, you love them, it’s like maybe loving your husband too.”

“Even if you have these feelings, as long as you don’t get in a relationship with the person, as long as you don’t cheat, it’s alright, right?”

“That, I don’t know. Maybe the two can say that they’re not in relationship and they’re loyal to their husband or wife, but if they’re always together, what does it make it look like? It looks like an affair.”

“Even if it looks like an affair, deep inside and the truth is they’re not having an affair.”

“I guess you have a point there.”

“What if the two are not in an affair though they always hang out together and they have feelings for each other?”

“Your questions are quite hard, I have no idea, sweetie.”

“Oh alright.” You gave her a soft smile, “Thank you anyways, Ms. Lee.”

“No problem.”

You stood up, “Don’t tell Baekhyun about this conversation, alright?”

She chuckled lightly and nodded, “Our little secret.”

You turned around, going back to the study room. “Minseul.” She called out. “Hm?” You turned back to her. “The best advice I can give you is control yourself.”

“What?”

“I can see that Mark likes you. But you, it’s also starting, isn’t it? You’re starting to like Mark, aren’t you? Before it goes anymore further, control yourself. I know I said that we can’t control our emotions but that doesn’t mean we can’t try.”

You stared at her as you blinked and smiled softly to yourself, she knew very well, she knows you had a problem, she knows your feelings, she knows your heart. But as expected, of course she knew very well, you call her your second mother for a reason.

“I’ll try.” You replied befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter