08.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up to the sun shining upon you and the entire room. You sat up and rubbed your eyes, looking around until you noticed that Baekhyun wasn’t there anymore. You lazily dragged your feet to the bathroom to wash up and after that, you checked the time. 10:35AM.

“10:35?” You practically screamed, “I’m late!” You ran down and looked at the living room before dashing off to the kitchen and dining room. You went back to living room, plopping yourself down to the couch with a pout all over your face, “I didn’t wake up in time to make him breakfast on his first day of work.” You hit your head, “Why are you such a sleepyhead, Shin Minseul?”

Your phone rang and you anticipated that it was Baekhyun, a frown came over your face when you read the caller ID to be Sehun. “What?” You answered the phone. “Noona!” His voice was cheery, “Noona, can we come over and play with Minhyun?”

“Who’s coming?”

“Jongdae and idiot Zitao. Just the thre- Ouch!”

“I’m not an idiot!” You heard Tao’s voice on the other line. “And don’t be so informal, it’s Jongdae hyung or Chen hyung. Rememeber there should be hyung!” Chen scolded him. “No.” You coldly replied, “Because then I’d be like I had four sons, adding Baekhyun that would be five.”

“I thought Baekhyun was at work?” Chen asked. “Am I on speaker?” You asked. “Yes, now answer.” Chen replied. “He’s at work, but still, having you guys around is like having four sons. I think having one is enough.”

“So you guys are not going to make another one?” Tao’s sudden question shocked you. “U-Um, bye.” You hang up on them.

“What food do we have in the kitchen? What kind of food can I make with it?” You asked as you ran to the kitchen.

--

Baekhyun came home and went straight to the room, changing his clothes and washing up. He was tired and quite stressed though it was only his first day. The work load they gave him was different from the time he helped his mom, this time, he had a heavy responsibility.

“Where’s Minseul?” He came down looking for you. The maids looked at one another and slowly pointed at the kitchen. “Kitchen? Is she looking for food again?” He asked as he went over there. As soon as he opened the door, he saw you there and a weird smell that went through his nose. “It’s a failure again.” You whined and tasted the food, “Is soup supposed to taste like this?”

Baekhyun tiptoed his way over to you so you wouldn’t notice him. “I am such a bad cook, serio- what the?”

You felt a pair of arms wrap around you and chin rest on your shoulder, “What are you doing?” His voice sounded tired. “C-Cooking.” You mumbled, “For you.”

“For me?” He raised an eyebrow. You removed his arms that were wrapped around you and turned around, looking at him while nodding. “Why?”

“I wanted to cook you breakfast before going to work since it’s your first day. But then I woke up late.” Your face flushed red in embarrassment, “So that plan was a failure.”

He chuckled and watched you as you looked down while playing with your fingers, “And then I decided that I would cook dinner for you instead but I can’t cook, so, they were all failures.”

“They?”

You pointed at the sink that was piled up with dishes. “Was that all your doing?” His eyes grew wide, “Ms. Lee!”

Ms. Lee came inside the kitchen, “Yes, sir?”

“How long was Minseul cooking here?”

“Since this afternoon up to now.” She replied. “And you didn’t try stopping her. Look at the mess she made and I doubt that she would be the one to clean this up.” He sighed and gave you a slight glare. “I did try stopping her, but she didn’t want to. I told her I’d help her so she wouldn’t be a failure, but she didn’t want help either and told me and the other maids to leave her alone and she could do it herself.” Ms. Lee sighed. Baekhyun rubbed his temples before looking at you, “Why are you so stubborn?”

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to do something for you.” You mumbled, feeling guilty at everything you did though all you wanted to do was prepare something for him. “How about Minhyun? You didn’t ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter