01.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crying. You heard crying. Not just normal crying, but a baby’s cry. It was coming from the baby monitor as much as you wanted to throw it on the floor so it would break and you could have peace, you couldn’t do that. You groaned and rolled around the bed. The cries got even louder and you peeked through one eye, looking at your husband who was asleep beside you. You sighed and started shaking him to wake up, “Baekhyun, wake up. Go check on the baby.”

He pushed your hand away and faced his back towards you. “Baekhyuuuun~” You whined sleepily. He covered himself with the blanket, ignoring you. Giving up, you looked at the clock. 3 AM. It had just been an hour since you but your child to sleep. You sighed and took the baby monitor from the bedside table while lazily dragging your feet to the nursery room.

As soon as you opened the door, you immediately fully woke up because the cries were just so loud. You put the baby monitor down on the table and started making milk, after that you went over to your crying child, carrying him in your arms, “Minhyun~” You cooed, “Are you hungry?”

As soon as Minhyun was in your arms, he stopped crying. He looked at you with his innocent eyes and you smiled as you fed him his milk, “Mommy’s here~”

He immediately drank the milk and started closing his eyes. “I thought you said feeding was better?”

“You’re ert dad is here too.” You whispered to the baby in your arms. “Tsk, that’s bad education for the baby.” Your husband came over to you as he watched you feed Minhyun. “It’s true though.” You sighed, “And, can you please stop pretending you can’t hear me when I ask you to go over to Minhyun in the middle of the night?”

“Are you tired?”

“Obviously.”

“Come on, give him to me.” Baekhyun held out his arms, reaching for Minhyun. You gently gave him Minhyun as he cradled the little one in his arms and holding the bottle for Minhyun to drink. You chuckled as you watched Baekhyun taking care of his own child. “What?” He looked at you with a raised brow. “I never thought you would actually be taking care of a baby.”

“I can if I try, right? And it’s been 6 months already, you should get used to the fact that I can be a dad.”

“When we were married for 6 months I wasn’t used to you being my husband.” You teased. He chuckled and came closer to you, giving you a small peck on your cheeks, “Go on, go to bed. You’ve only rested for an hour.”

“Are you sure you can handle him alone?”

He let out a soft chuckle and patting Minhyun lightly, “Of course. Besides, I went to bed around 11, I got some of the sleep I need and I have energy. But you, you’re becoming Tao’s sister, now go.”

“Alright.” You mumbled, “Goodnight, Minhyun~ If daddy does something wrong, tell me, okay?”

“And how will he do that when he can’t talk?”

“He and I can communicate in our own ways.” You laughed as you made your way out of the room.

--

“Tao, do you think I look like I’m becoming your sister or something?” You asked Tao while pointing at your eyebags. “I won’t lie.” He mumbled, “Yes.”

You sighed and buried your face on his shoulder, whining, “I’m tired and sleepy~”

He patted your back as you continued your whining, “It’s hard to have a child, isn’t it?”

“I’m going to blame Baekhyun for all this!”

“You’re going to blame him for what?” Suho came over with Kris. “For giving me a child.” You sighed as you turned to them. Both of them laughed, “Why do girls always blame guys when they get pregnant or have a child or something? It’s not like it’s entirely our fault, you girls took part in it too.”

“We’re the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter