Hate or Jealousy?

What happened to us?

“Fine, if you want it this way,” Jessica blinked back her tears. “I don’t know what to say, Kim Taeyeon. I didn’t know that you were this heartless, constantly pushing away someone who is trying so hard to mend a friendship. You’re nothing but a cold, heartless , and I hope you know what you’re doing.” She ran past Taeyeon past the door, trying very hard to control the tears.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

"SO NYUH SHI DAE! PLEASE GET READY! THE CONCERT IS STARTING SOON!"

It was chaos everywhere backstage. People were pushing racks of clothes across, the staff adjusted and fixed mics on them, and everyone was in a rush. It was always like this, Tiffany thought. Anyway, it's the last concert, so I'd better go all out later to give the fans my all.

"Come on girls! Let's do a fighting before we go on!!!" Tiffany smiled excitedly. As the members started to gather around in a circle, she frowned. Someone seems to be missing. "1,2,3...6,7" she counted silently. Who was missing???

Then she caught sight of Jessica from the corner of her eye, walking towards them with her head down. "Jessica Jung! Faster!" she beckoned her over.

"Ah...? Oh sorry..." Jessica half-walked-half-ran over to them. Yoona noticed that her eyes were red.

"Unnie, what's wrong? Your eyes are so red."

"Oh, nothing! Was a little tired..." she forced out a small smile.

"Hwaiting unnie, just 3 hours." Yoona smiled and squeezed Jessica's waist gently.

Hyoyeon looked around, asking "Taeyeon? where's Tae?"

Nobody seemed to know. " I don't think anyone has saw her for the past 20 minutes..Maybe she just wanted some quiet time to herself." Seohyun shrugged her shoulders.

Yeah. Nobody except me knows where she has been, Jessica thought.

"Have you seen her on your way here?" Tiffany nudged her.

"Nope." Jessica's mouth was zippped into a tight line. Never in my life would I tell the other members what happened. It would only complicate things between us.

"AH! TAE!" Yoona waved crazily in the air. "OVER HERE!" Taeyeon slowly approached the group and looked up. She caught eye contact with Jessica and Jessica immediately looked away. Oh no, her eyes are bloodshot! Tae's lower lip quivered. Had she been crying?

---

 

"Okay! So this is our last concert for this world tour. Let's do our best, and be as crazy as possible! Arasso?" All the members except Jessica and Taeyeon grinned. Tiffany always turned hyper just minutes before any concert started.

"1, 2 ,3, FIGHTING!"

"Okay! Towards the center! You girls have 2 minutes before you go up!"

---

 

"WOOOOOOOOOO!"

Jessica could already hear the crowd's cheers as she sat down. I have to control myself, Jessica sniffed. I cannot cry.

"Omo, sica-ah, don't you think this is super cool?" Yuri grinned. "This thingy we're sitting in is actually going to open up! Like a diamond!"

"Yeah," Jessica laughed. "It's like we're the jewels in a box that slowly gets revealed, eh?" Then they burst out laughing.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad, Jessica thought as they settled down. Even if I have lost Taeyeon, I still have 7 other sisters who would be there with me together.

----

Taeyeon breathed deepy. Somehow, Yuri's and Jessica's laughter annoyed her. She was annoyed not just because they were laughing, but at the fact that Jessica could even smile after all that had happened. And she even thought she was crying!

Taeyeon herself did not know why she hated her. Wait... do I hate her? Taeyeon struggled. She didn't hate Jessica, but rather... she was jealous of Jessica. She was jealous of pretty Jessica, jealous of Jessica's high and angelic voice. Especially after she read that fan comment on one of their live ballad videos. She could remember that comment word for word, and could not forget it no matter how hard she tried.

"I think Jessica should be the leader instead. Jessica is prettier than Taeyeon, her voice also sounds nicer, and even though Jessica's nickname is Ice Princess but we all know she has a very nice character, unlike Taeyeon who acts like a total towards her!"

Even though Taeyeon felt comforted by a large number of fans whom rebuked that one fan and said things like "Taeyeon is special in her own way", "That's what you think, not us" or "Taeyeon was chose to be the leader for a reason. No one can ever replace her role in SNSD." , she still felt wary of Jessica. And slowly, she became jealous.

"Okay girls! we're starting in 30 seconds!"

---

"Opening! In... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ! "

Whooooosh. The sides slowly start to open up, revealing the 9 girls sitting inside. The crowd went crazy at the sight of the girls.

Jessica looked out at the pink ocean. She tried to focus, but she just couldn't.

"Do you think I did?" Taeyeon's cold, flat voice kept ringing over and over in her head.

Suddenly, all the emotions and tears that she tried so hard to hold in started to spill out, and a tear slide down her cheek.

Dang. Jessica Jung, why do you always cry at the wrong time?! Ugh. Jessica frowned. She could almost bet that there were over a hundred fancams focused just on her, and she had to choose this moment to cry.