His First Step

What happened to us?

Taeyeon couldn't exactly depict the emotions that she was feeling at that very moment. Was it upsetness? Yes definitely. However, she felt more anger and resentment than upsetness at Kim Young Min. Rage was rising within her as she turned and looked at Jessica's disappointed face. And it was even worse when Jessica took her hand and pretended to be okay. "There's always a next time," she had said, although the both of them knew then in their hearts that it was a lie. Kim Young Min was determined to tear them apart and cancelling the duet was just his first step.

I won't let you win this battle, Taeyeon swore. I will prove to you that love empowers everything.

As determined as she was, she couldn't help feeling slightly terrified and afraid of what was going to come. She just hoped that she would be strong enough to withstand his attacks. After all, Kim Young Min hated her, not Jessica nor the other members, so she only had to watch out for him herself.

 

Jessica took a deep breath and knocked on the door. This was her first time coming up to the company's headquaters by herself from the time she debuted until now. No one ever came here unless they had serious business....like terminating their contract or something. Jessica didn't think that she would ever come up here by herself.

But here she was, standing in front of Kim Young Min's office door, and waiting for a reply nervously. She clutched her hands together and was already starting to regret her decision, and started to pray that he wouldn't be in so that she didn't have to do this anymore...

"Who is it?"

Argh, why do you always cause yourself to be in these situations just because of a moment's impulse?! Jessica silently chided herself, and turned the doorknob with trembling hands. "it's me, Jessica Jung."

"Come in."

Jessica stepped in and tried to breathe normally. This was her third time here. The first time was when she was called up to sign the contract for Girls' Generation. Back then, it had been Lee Soo Man. The second time was when the whole group had just been assembled together and it was where they promised Lee Soo Man that they would work hard as Girls' Generation. And here she was, her third time, about to beg Kim Young Min to let the matter go. She wasn't even sure if her attempts would faze him, but it was worth a try. Maybe underneath that cold exterior, was a warm heart. Maybe.

"Why are you here?" Kim Young Min smirked, but he definitely knew why she was there by the way he had that glint in his eye. Jessica found that look extremely disgsuting and avoided looking at his face as she started to speak.

"I'm sorry for that incident that day. We're sorry. Both Taeyeon and I. So please take our apology and let us go, please? Can you let us have our duet?"

"I know that you're sorry, but are you sure that Taeyeon is sorry?"

"Of course she is!" Jessica tried to sound convincing but then her voice suddenly became unnaturally high-pitched and strained, causing her to wince. Geez, why must I be so bad at lying?

"I don't think so," He laughed. "Sorry that you've had to suffer because of her pride. There's nothing I can do about the duet, I may consider bringing the duet back only if Taeyeon comes here to aplogize."

"Please," Jessica begged. "This duet was an opportunity that I have been waiting for a long time. I really want to do it. I haven't had any sub-units or anything like that, and I would like to experience new things."

"If you want a sub-unit so badly, then you can have one with your sister." Kim Young Min said. "Now go out. I am busy. Don't you know that you have to book an appointment with me before you can talk to me? I will let you go today, but please do not barge into my office next time."

"Mr Kim-"

"Out, please."

Jessica sighed as she dragged her feet to the door. Seems like the duet would not be happening, she smiled sadly. He certainly is cold under that cold exterior. Is he a cold-blooded animal? Jessica wrinkled her nose. How can one be so cruel? He must be a reptile, she giggled, in her attempts to make herself feel better.

 

"Where did you go?" Taeyeon asked Jessica the moment she stepped into the dorm.

"To eat with my friend." Jessica smiled, but then her voice became high pitched once again. She silently cursed under her breath as Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at her.

"To eat with your friend?" She asked. "But manager oppa said that you went to the company."

"Oh? Yeah, I did." Jessica remembered telling her manager she was going to the company but she didn't state why. "I went to pick up some things and then I went to the company's cafe to meet my friend."

"Oh, really? Which friend?"

"My friend from high school. You don't know her." Jessica said without thinking, and then realized her mistake.

"High school?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. "From your high school in LA? Wow."

"Yeah, she flew here, and she's on her way back already." Jessica grinned, and then reached over to give Taeyeon a back hug. "I came home safe, and that's what matters, right?"

"Rigggghhhhttt." Taeyeon smiled and hugged Jessica back.

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update guys! It has been a hectic week and I'm trying to squeeze in time to write a new chapter, but hopefully after this week I'll be less busier. Stay tuned!