I treated you like my world

What happened to us?

"Maybe it was only me. Maybe only I thought our friendship was real. I was so dumb to believe that you actually cared for me."

Jessica walked out again, exactly like how she did a month ago.

----------------

"How was it?" Tiffany came into Jessica's room and sat down on her bed. "Did you at least manage to knock some sense into her?"

"We quarrelled."

"Again?! Why?" Tiffany sighed. "Was it because she said that she had no true friends or something like that?" Jessica turned to Tiffany and nodded. "She said that to me too." Tiffany shrugged.

"I don't get her." Jessica said quietly. "I thought we've solved it, but it came back to this, unbelievable."

Tiffany remained silent, as if she was having the same thoughts. She was really mad at Taeyeon too.

 

Taeyeon lay on her bed, unable to sleep. Just one night - it took her just one night to make 2 of her best friends angry with her. A cold war with Jessica was more than she could take; now she had to tolerate a cold war with Tiffany, too? She had to apologize. She only said those words in a moment of anger - when she felt hurt, but after calming down, she started to regret. You always screw everything up, Taeyeon scolded herself as she tried to sleep. She would apologize to the both of them in the morning.

 

The next morning, Taeyeon bumped into Tiffany in the kitchen. "I'm sorry," she blurted out.

Tiffany took some coffee powder out of the cupboard. "You don't have to be, it was partly my fault too."

"I'm glad that you understand." Taeyeon gulped, and tried to smile.

"I'm still not completely forgiving you yet." Tiffany glared at her. "You should repent and think about what you said, to me and Jessica too."

"I have been, believe me." Taeyeon nodded. "I'm going to try to talk to Jessica now."

Good luck, Tae. Jessica's ice will be harder to crack now, and I'm afraid I won't be much of a help. You just have to keep trying in order to melt the ice again, and it won't be easy. Tiffany sighed as she looked at Taeyeon's back who was walking towards Jessica's room.

 

"Sica, can I come in?" Without waiting for an answer, Taeyeon barged in.

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry about last night- I'm really sorry. I only said those words in a moment of anger."

Jessica looked up. "I don't think you said those words only in a moment of anger. Maybe you were speaking from your own heart."

"Of course not-"

"I don't think you saw me as a true friend all along." Jessica interrupted. "All the efforts that I've put in previously, all the trying after countless rejections - I don't think those actions were of any significance to you, because all you think of," Jessica choked out, "is yourself. You think your life is horrible just because your friends kept a secret from you? They kept a secret for fear that it might hurt you, and not only did you not appreciate it, but you even got angry."

"Jessica, I really regretted saying those things, I know you guys meant it for my own good-"

"Then what about me?" Jessica whispered, her eyes glistening from the tears that were starting to well up. "Have you ever considered my feelings? About how I felt all those times you've rejected me? And I never once complained!"

"I treated you like my world, my everything. My birthday wish was for you to accept me, I prayed every night that you would take notice of me. And when you finally accepted me, I felt like there was nothing more than I could ever ask for. And now, it hurts me so much that you said you never had a true friend. If my actions aren't signs of a true friendship, then I don't know what is."

Taeyeon's tongue was tied, she didn't know what to say. All she wanted to do was to go over and hug Jessica, and tell her that she was very sorry for the hurtful words that she didn't mean.

"I don't think I want your acceptance if you don't picture me as a true friend." Jessica sharply inhaled. "I'm tired of you hurting me. If you don't see me as a true friend, then don't be my friend at all. I'm really tired, Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon felt her knees go weak.