What I really wanted

What happened to us?

 

"Also....due to some circumstances... we will have to remove Jessica from the sub-unit."

WHAT? Jessica popped her eyes open and stared at him.

Tiffany coughed and looked at Taeyeon, who was looking down at the floor.

Seohyun stared at him with wide open. Remove...Jessica?

I'm sorry, Jessica-shi. Please understand." The Director smiled regretfully at her.

---

Jessica was at a loss of words. Could it be....? No, it can't be. No matter how cold Taeyeon might be, she wouldn't do this, right...?

She wanted to believe in Taeyeon. But it was too obvious.

 

"Jessica-shi? Are you okay with that?"

"Uh...yea! Anyway I was planning to talk to you about this matter, you see..." she smiled uncertainly. "I might be too busy, so I was thinking if I should drop this and just concentrate on my new musical, Legally Blonde! Thank God you said it earlier." Don't cry, Jessica. Don't cry.

"Oh, is that so? That's good then!"

You're such a terrible liar, Jessica. Tiffany looked at her. I know you are hurt. She turned to look at Taeyeon, and their eyes met. See what you did? Can you see that she's really hurt?

Taeyeon looked right back at her. I know, and I wish I could make up for it. It's all my fault.

 

Taeyeon walked out of the room and stopped to think for awhile. What's wrong with me? She expected herself to feel better after they removed Jessica, that was her whole intention, wasn't it? So...why did she feel so regretful?

She walked into the toilet to wash her face, only to find someone standing in front of the sink.

Oh, crap. Why do we always meet at the toilet? Should I leave, or just ignore her all the way-

As if their roles have reversed, Jessica picked up her pouch, and walked past her towards the door with an expressionless face. Taeyeon froze. Did she go too overboard? It was so unusual for Jessica to ignore her, especially when both of them were alone. In fact.....it never happened.

"Wait." Taeyeon grabbed her arm on impulse, and spun her around.

"What is it?" Jessica looked at Taeyeon coolly, and then wrenched her arm away.

"Aren't you....going to ask me something?"

"About what?" Jessica looked at her. "I don't think I have anything to say to you."

Taeyeon faltered. Has Jessica gave up in trying to be her friend? Please don't give up, Taeyeon begged her in her head. You have no idea how much I want this friendship back right now, and how much I regret for pushing you away. Maybe if you tried a few more times, I might be ready to let you in my life again.

"Er...nothing." Maybe Jessica didn't know that it was Taeyeon who had her removed from the group. Please say you don't know, Taeyeon prayed.

 

Jessica took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. "It was your doing right?" she asked quietly.

Fat hope.

"What..? Oh...yeah. But it's not what you think, I was just trying to help the both of us-"

"Not what I think? Ha." Jessica stepped closer. "And trying to help the both of us? You mean trying to help yourself, right? How is removing me trying to help the both of us, may I ask?"

"I thought....ever since our last fight, you wouldn't want to work with me and we'll become awkward... that's why I did that. Wasn't that what you wanted also? I'm sure you wouldn't want to work with me after how I've treated you, right?"

"Seems like you don't really know what I want." Jessica's tone went higher. "Do you know what I wanted? DO YOU?"

Taeyeon was too scared to even nod. Jessica was really angry.

"I WANTED TO WORK WITH YOU! Yes, at first I was hesitant, but I thought that this would be a great opportunity to mend our friendship." Jessica stepped back with tears in her eyes.

Taeyeon's heart broke. She should've thought of that too.

"But most importantly-" a tear streamed down Jessica's cheek, smudging her mascara. "I wanted your attention, friendship and love. I've been trying for a long time, and it seems like you either didn't notice it or you don't care at all."

"Jessica-" Taeyeon's bottom lip quivered. I want this friendship back, and I want to give you a chance to love me again.

But before she could say anything, Jessica took another step back, and said something that shattered Taeyeon's heart into a million pieces.

"I'm tired of trying, Kim Taeyeon, and I give up."

And with that, Jessica turned away and walked out of the door.

 

---

Authors' note:

Wow!!! Thank you guys for reading,  I will try my best to update asap!! Love u all :)