Jealousy kills

What happened to us?

"Do you think I did?" Taeyeon's cold, flat voice kept ringing over and over in her head.

Suddenly, all the emotions and tears that she tried so hard to hold in started to spill out, and a tear slide down her cheek.

Dang. Jessica Jung, why do you always cry at the wrong time?! Ugh. Jessica frowned. She could almost bet that there were over a hundred fancams focused just on her, and she had to choose this moment to cry.

--------

She was right, there were articles all over the internet.

"Girls' Generation Jessica sheds a tear on their final stop of their World Tour"

"SNSD Jessica crying on the opening at their last concert"

"Jessica suffering from depression?"

Jessica sighed in frustration. She should've known better. The last time her manager counted, there were over 100 "close-up" fancams of her tearing up on Youtube, causing a big fuss. "Dang it!" she cried, flopping down on her bed. Nothing seemed to be going well at all.

"Sica?" Tiffany slowly opened the door and poked her head around. "Do you want some banana milk? I brought some from the supermarket."

"Yea, thanks fany-ah" Jessica sat up on her bed stared blanklessly at the wall.

3 seconds later, Tiffany walked in and sat down beside Jessica. "Ja," she said, handing over the banana milk. Jessica took it in her hands and smiled gratefully. Both of them sat there together on the bed for a while in silence, before Tiffany broke the silence. "Have you....seen it?"

"What? The fancams?" Tiffany nodded, looking cautiously at Jessica. "Yeah.... I saw the articles too. Those reporters are always exaggerating the situation."

"Are you sure...that wasn't exaggerating?" Tiffany looked at Jessica. "I mean, for that particular concert, you didn't have the spark that you had for the other concerts......"

"I'm just tired. You mean, you think I have depression? Haha, no way, fany-ah. Don't worry."

 

"Sica." Tiffany gently placed a hand on her shoulders. "Have you solved it out with Taeyeon?"

At the mention of Taeyeon, Jessica's head jerked up. She had kind of forgotten about Taeyeon and everything that happened, after all the articles. I haven't seen Taeyeon around for the past 3 days, Jessica realized. Is she okay? After all the harsh words that Jessica said to her?

"I didn’t know that you were this heartless, constantly pushing away someone who is trying so hard to mend a friendship. You’re nothing but a cold, heartless , and I hope you know what you’re doing."

Oh no. I called her a cold, hearted in a moment of anger.....

"Sica? Hello, are you there?" Tiffany's voice immediately disrupted Jessica's train of thoughts. "Uh..? Yea... no. Of course I haven't solved things out with her." she shrugged her shoulders and smiled sadly. Damn it, I'm going to cry again.

"I thought so." Tiffany pursed her lips and looked away. "Should I try talking to her, then? Maybe all you guys need is a heart to heart talk. I believe Taeyeon isn't the type of person to hold a grudge for so long."

"No, please don't." Jessica said in alarm. "If you do that, she'll probably hate me more. I don't want her to get the wrong idea, that I've been badmouthing her behind her back, complaining to you guys."

"Furthermore...." Jessica bit her lower lip, hesitating. "She would be jealous too."

"Jealous? Haha, wae? Why would she be?" Tiffany looked at Jessica, but the look in her eyes totally gave her away. Tiffany knew what she was talking about.

"It's impossible that you don't know why, fany-ah." Tiffany looked away guiltily. "She doesn't want me to take you away from her. Didn't you see the way she looked at us when we were having a blast together during the World Tour? Her face was green with envy; she must have wanted to kill me on the spot."

"I'm sorry...I will try to help you, okay? No matter how much Tae dislikes you, I will be here for you, regardless of anything." Tiffany reached over and pulled Jessica in a bear hug.

"I'll leave you to rest then," Tiffany released her and ruffled Jessica's hair affectionately. "I'll call you out for dinner!" she called as she walked out and closed the door.

---

It's good to be back, Taeyeon thought as she took off her shoes. She had just come back from a visit to her parents and they gave her some really nice snacks. She couldn't wait to share it with the members, considering how much they liked her mother's cooking and home-made snacks. Taeyeon stood at the dooorway. The dorm was unusally quiet. Where are all the other members? She wondered, and slowly walked to the living room. She knew that Yoona was filming a drama, and Hyoyeon and Yuri were probably MC-ing. Sunny, Seohyun and Sooyoung were down for a commercial shoot. So that left.... Tiffany and Jessica.

Taeyeon walked further in towards the rooms and could see that the lights were on in Jessica's room, and the door was slightly open. She hoped Tiffany would be around, as she wanted to avoid another face to face encounter with Jessica at all costs. Should I go out and come back later before she comes out of her room and sees me here? Nevermind, I'll just stay in my room or go over to Tiffany's.

Taeyeon softly walked across Jessica's room, praying hard that she wouldn't make any noise that would get her noticed. As she walked past the door, she turned her head and she stopped dead in her tracks, unable to move.

Tiffany was hugging Jessica.

Taeyeon's heart stopped beating for a moment as she stared at them. Her heart sank to the bottom at the sight of Tiffany smiling and ruffling Jessica's hair affectionately. Tiffany then got up and Taeyeon quickly stepped out of the doorway towards the side of the doors before she could be seen.

--

"I'll call you out for dinner!" Tiffany grinned and closed the door, And then, when she turned away to walk back to her room, she got the shock of her life.

"Tae!!! Omo, you scared me. What are you doing here? I thought you went back to your parent's house?" she smiled nervously.