I thought you were better than this

What happened to us?

Taeyeon quickly walked out of the door and this time... it was Tiffany standing outside the door.

And she was glaring at Taeyeon, which only meant one thing - she had been listening to the whole conversation.

---

Tiffany, with her hands on her hips, looked at Taeyeon in fury. "Kim Taeyeon, I think you need to do some explanation, right?"

Taeyeon was tired and did not want to have another quarrel, especially with Tiffany. "Fany-ah, can the explaination wait until later? I don't think I have enough energy right now-"

Her words were cut off when Tiffany grabbed her roughly by the wrist and walked firmly down the corridor, dragging her into a practice room.

"Ow! Fany! It hurts!" Taeyeon wrenched her wrist away as Tiffany closed the door behind them. "What is it? You didn't have to grab me like that!"

"Why did you do that?" Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. Was that...disappointment in her eyes? Taeyeon wasn't sure.

"I...I'm just not comfortable working with Jessica. You know that!"

"Why? YOU'RE IGNORING JESSICA! CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HARD IS SHE TRYING?" Tiffany shouted. Taeyeon stared at her in bewilderment. Tiffany rarely shouted, even if she was angry.

"I see it," Taeyeon looked down. "I just don't want to go back to being all friendly with her just because she's trying. I don't want to be two-faced and hurt her further."

"But why can't you just accept her? You two were good friends previously! It's not like she did anything wrong, right?"

It's not her, it's me. It's my fault.

Taeyeon was torn into two. Part of her wanted to go back to Jessica, however a part of her wanted to keep on ignoring Jessica. She wasn't sure if she could stop being jealous of her.  I really don't want to hurt her anymore, Taeyeon thought.

"I'm sorry, fany-ah. Could we talk about this later? I really need a moment to myself."

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and sighed. "I'm disappointed in you, Taeyeon-ah. I thought you were better than this."

Taeyeon felt her knees go weak; she sat down, put her head between her knees and cried; while Tiffany walked out, slamming the door behind her.

----

Jessica sat down in the company's cafe with some other members. Maybe it won't be that bad, she thought. Maybe this sub-unit will help us solve things out, hopefully with the help of Tiffany.

She looked up as someone slide down in the seat beside her. "Oh, fany-ah!" she turned to greet her, only to find out that Tiffany's eyes were red. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing....." Tiffany forced out a smile. "Just hungry and tired. Let's eat!"

"Oh...sure. Do you want some vitamins? I have some!"

"It's okay, sica-ah. I'm sorry."

"For what?" Jessica looked at her with an amused expression. "You must be really tired," she smiled, and laughed. "Get some rest after eating!"

I'm sorry, Jessica. Tiffany sighed as she picked up her chopsticks. I'm so sorry that I couldn't do anything for you.

------

"I'm going to the toilet, guys," Jessica stood up. "Do you guys want any drinks from the vending machine outside?"

"It's okay, we can order drinks from here too, even if it's slightly expensive," Sooyoung said as she popped a fruit tart into . "Go on!"

Jessica nodded and went to the toilet. Just as she was walking back, she saw her manager standing at their table, looking flustered.

Oh! Sica unnie is back," Yoona pointed at Jessica.

"What's going on?" Jessica walked towards them.

"Ah, sica...." their manager looked uncertainly at her. "The directors want to see you, Tiffany, Taeyeon.... and Seohyun."

"Me? Why?" Seohyun looked up.

"Apparently...." he avoided eye contact with Jessica. "They want to talk to you all about the sub-unit."

"Sub-unit?" Seohyun echoed after him. "But I thought it was only Tae unnie, Sica unnie and Fany unnie?"

"Maybe they want to add you in, since you are the next vocalist after them!" Yoona clapped her hands excitedly. She knew it was Seohyun's dream to be in a sub-unit.

"Ah... do you think it's that case...? Hehe that'll be great." Seohyun grinned. "What are you doing, unnies? Let's go!"

"Let's go!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly, linking arms with Seohyun and walking out of the cafe. This is great, she smiled. With the addition of Seohyun, it won't be so awkward anymore.

Tiffany followed after them with her head down. Only she knew what was going to come next. Oh, and Taeyeon too.

---

"I'm glad you all could make it here." the Director smiled at them. "I was afraid that I would have to call back some of you from the dorm!" he chuckled.

Taeyeon sat still, looking straight in front. She didn't dare to look at Jessica or Tiffany. She could bet that Tiffany was probably shooting daggers at her back with her eyes right now. Soon, Jessica would be doing the same too.

"Okay, so now...regarding the sub-unit that I mentioned earlier, we have a problem." the Director looked at them.

He's probably going to say the contracts are not ready, or that 3 is not enough for a sub-unit, hence the addition of Seohyun, Jessica thought as she lay back on her seat and closed her eyes.

"We have discussed this and decided that Seohyun should join in the sub-group."

There, I knew it. Couldn't he just relate this information to our manager? Why make us come all the way here? Jessica was so tired, she felt like she could fall asleep anytime.

"Also....due to some circumstances... we will have to remove Jessica from the sub-unit."

WHAT? Jessica popped her eyes open and stared at him.

Tiffany coughed and looked at Taeyeon, who was looking down at the floor.

Seohyun stared at him with wide open. Remove...Jessica?

I'm sorry, Jessica-shi. Please understand." The Director smiled regretfully at her.