Please always remember that I love you

What happened to us?

It finally happened.

Jessica was reading a book by Taeyeon's bedside, when at the corner of her eye, she noticed Taeyeon's fingers twitching.

She dropped the book and grabbed Tiffany, who was napping beside her.

"Fany...." She whispered, gesturing to Taeyeon's hand. "Look."

Tiffany's eyes widened, and tears of joys were brought to her eyes while she rushed out, calling for the doctor.

Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's hands and sobbed. "Taeyeon..... finally."

Taeyeon's eyelids fluttered open as she looked at Jessica, and seemed to be saying something but Jessica couldn't hear because of the oxygen mask placed on . Jessica moved closer, and every word that Taeyeon said erased her happiness slowly away one by one. Her heart went numb.

"Who....are.....you?"

 

 --------

 

Tiffany was sobbing. Taeyeon had also said the same words to her.

"I don't understand..." Tiffany cried. "Why...."

"The doctor said that the coma had caused a loss of memory. " Yoona sighed. "On the bright side, it may be temporary!" She tried to sound happy but it was impossible.

Jessica was too tired to even cry. Her face showed no sign of sadness, she had a calm, expressionless face like a mask, but inside, she was crying. She felt like her world came crashing down. Taeyeon couldn't remember her. Kim Taeyeon, the person whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, couldn't remember her.

Jessica got up, and ran out of the room. She didn't want to come back.

 

The other girls, including Tiffany, went back to the dorm and for the first time, they were able to all get some rest. They were worried, but not so worried anymore. At least Taeyeon had woken up, and all they needed to do now was to find a way for her to gain back her memory.

"Where's Sica?" Sooyoung asked, after searching through all the rooms in the dorm. Jessica was nowwhere to be seen. Tiffany took out her phone to call Jessica, but Yoona stopped her.

"Let her have time to herself. She probably wants to be alone."

Tiffany bit her lip and put down her phone. "Okay."

 

Jessica stood there, and hesitated. She wondered whether she should do it, or not.

She stood still on the calm and peaceful beach as the waves slowly washed up on the shore. The wind tussled her hair and she smiled as droplets of water rained down on her face. Unfortunately, her happiness didn't last long.

Her smile faded as she reminisced the times where she used to come here with Taeyeon during their trainee days. This was their safe haven, their secret hideout. Whenever they felt like training was too tough, or when they had bad times, they always came together and sat on the beach, enjoying the view and each other's presence. It was a place full of happy memories, until they stopped coming here due to a busy schedule, and until Taeyeon started hating on her.

She stood there and stared at the dark patch of soil on the ground before her. A piece of stick was sticking out, as if it was calling out to her, calling her to pull it out.

Taeyeon and her used to have this thing called "memories box". It all started when they both were ticked off really badly by their dance instructor while they were training. Taeyeon then suggested that they write down both bad and good memories, or things that they wanted to say to each other on paper, keep it into a box and bury it into the ground at their favourite place. Then, if any of them had a bad day, they could simply dig out the box and read the good memories. A good way to lift their spirits, she had said.

Jessica bent down and pulled the stick out of the ground, and then slowly dug out the box. It was in pink. Their favourite colour.

She opened the box and smiled a little inside at the half-filled box. And then she sighed. The papers were yellow with age, simply because none of them had bothered to update it. It was like a forgotten box.

One by one, she sat there and read the papers carefully, smiling and crying at the same time, reading the beautiful memories.

Then, as she got to the bottom, there was a piece of carefully folded paper that seemed newer than the rest. Jessica's fingers trembled as she picked it up. Could it be.....?

She held her breath as she carefully unfolded the paper.

My Dear Jessica,

Hello.

It's Taeyeon. Haha of couse it would it be me, who else would it be? Your Taeyeon, whom you share this memory box with.

I miss you, I miss us. It's been so long, since we actually talked like before, and poured out our feelings and thoughts to each other. I missed the times where we used to update this memory box regularly, and sit on the beach for long hours, just you and me.

I hate having cold wars with you. Yes, I know I started it first, I know it is unforgivable, but you had no idea how happy I was when you accepted me again. I vowed to be the old Taeyeon who would go through thick and thin with you, to always be by your side.

Of course, me being the insensitive one, screwed up our relationship again. I'm so sorry. I know I said that I didn't have true friends- but I said that in a moment of anger, and I have deeply regretted it ever since.

Of course I don't expect you to forgive me again. But I'm here to tell you that you are indeed a true friend to me, and have always been. In fact, you are more than a true friend... to me. You have no idea how much I love you, and how much joy you have brought into my life. From the moment I met you, to the moments I thought I disliked you, to now.

However much I want you back, I know that you wouldn't want me back. You'll be better off without me. I'm such a bad friend... all I do is to bring you hurt, and unhappiness. I caused you to cry, to be unhappy, and there was never a moment I brought you happiness... right?

If I disappear, would you be happier? I don't know. I don't want to do that; but that seems like the only solution now. For you, for Tiffany, for the rest of the members.

I love you. Please always remember that.

That is, if you actually remember this memory box and this place... but I doubt so.

Kim Taeyeon

11 June 2012

 

Jessica stood there as she cried.

11 June.

The day before Taeyeon took the sleeping pills.

------------

Author's note:
Thank you all for understanding, and all the wishes! This is another sad chapter I guess (since Tae lost her memory) but you would probably know what would happen next... hehe