I want to be the first person she sees

What happened to us?

"Please..."

Jessica sat in the ambulance alongside Tiffany with their hands clasped together. Tiffany was mouthing a silent prayer with tears streaming down her cheeks. Jessica sat in a daze as she stared at Taeyeon's face. Her heart was too broken to even cry.

Behind the ambulance, their van was trailing behind with the rest of the members in it. Sooyoung had forced Jessica to hold her phone with a connected call - evry 15 seconds, Sooyoung half-yelled-half-cried into the phone, "Is she still breathing?!"

And all Jessica could do was to nod at the phone. She couldn't speak.

------

All 9 girls paced about up and down the corridor of the hospital. They glanced at the still lighted sign "EMERGENCY" . It had been 7 hours since the sign had been lighted up.

"Girls, you should go back. You have a photoshoot tomorrow-"

"Taeyeon is inside, we don't know what are the chances of a survival, and now all you can do is think of our photoshoot tomorrow?!" Tiffany yelled hysterically at their manager and broke down into tears for what seemed like the millionth time.

Sunny grabbed Tiffany and pulled her into a hug, while shaking her head at the manager.

"Sorry, oppa, but it seems like we can't do it." Yoona bit her lip. "I don't think anyone would be able to do a good job."

"Alright, then." Their manager nodded. "Why don't you girls go home and get some rest? I'll stay here."

"No, we want to stay here."

"Alright then." Their manager walked away to pick up a call.

 

"Bastard." Tiffany sobbed as her head rested against Sunny's shoulder.

"It's okay, it's okay." Sunny patted Tiffany's back. "He's just worried about us. A missed photoshoot means that we'll be losing thousands of dollars, you know. Our company would never allow that to happen."

"When will she come out...."

"Soon." Sunny choked. "Soon."

 

"Sica, are you okay?" Yuri grabbed Sica's hand as she sat down beside her.

Jessica shook her head. She couldn't even breath properly.

"It's alright...." Yuri squeezed her hand as both of them choked up in tears.

The doors opened and the doctor came out.

"How was it?" All of them rushed towards him and they held their breaths as they watched his grave expression.

"We drained all the fluid out of her body, but it seemed like she had consumed too much sleeping pills. She's still stuck in a coma now- but her life is out of danger at the moment. We'd like to put her into the intensive care unit until she wakes up."

Jessica staggered back into the chair. Her hands and feet were numb, and all she could do was to blame herself over and over again.

 

Days passed and weeks passed. And soon, it had been 3 and a half weeks since the incident, and Taeyeon still lay on the hospital bed everyday without moving a single inch.

They didn't have to worry about the fans finding out. The fans weren't the slightest bit aware of Taeyeon's condition. All the members made sure that they snuck up to the hospital room by the back door where only the hospital staff were allowed. Taeyeon's room was also located at the so- called "private ward", where the only access to these rooms were by a secret lift that the public didn't know about. A card was also needed for one to gain entry.

What they were all worried about was Jessica. Yes, all the members were greiving, no doubt. But Jessica was the worse. She refused to leave Taeyeon's side even when she'd been sitting there for the whole day. She'd even give up the chance to get a change of clothes and bathe simply because she wanted to be by Taeyeon's side longer. This was worrying because Jessica would never give up the chance to shower. Ever.

 

"Jessica, you should stop now. Let's go get some food together." Tiffany sighed and tugged at Jessica's shirt.

"You go ahead. I'm not leaving." Jessica's voice was flat; it sounded like she was the one in a terrible condition, not Taeyeon.

"You haven't eaten for 2 days! You know that you'll die if you don't eat, right?"

"I just don't feel like eating."

Tiffany grabbed her by the arm and pulled her up roughly. She grabbed Jessica's shoulders and turned her so that they were facing each other.

"Look at me." Tiffany said firmly, shaking Jessica.

Jessica's eyes were filled with tears. Her eyelids flitted up and down uncertainly as tears started dripping down her smooth cheeks. She finally lifted up her eyes and looked at Tiffany.

"I just want to be the first person Taeyeon sees when she wakes up."

Both of them stood there, hugging and crying together.

 

---

Authors' note:

I'm so sorry for the late update! I'm having really important exams now, so do pardon me. I've got the rest of the storyline planned out already, so please watch out for that! Do understand, and it'll be out soon, I promise :)