I should let her go

What happened to us?

"Wait." Taeyeon grabbed his arm, and turned around. "I'll help you. What did you say your name was, again?"

"Would you really help me?" He smiled. "My name is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

-------------

Tiffany and Seohyun walked into the recording studio, wide-eyed. “Omo,” Tiffany gasped, covering with her hand. “What’s going on?”

Taeyeon and Baekhyun looked up, startled. They were both so engrossed in studying the lyric sheet that they didn’t hear anyone coming in. Upon seeing both of them, he hastily packed his things and bowed, and quickly made his way out, but not before flashing Taeyeon a smile while whispering to her, “Thank you for the help Sunbae-nim.”

“Wait, we’re not done yet-“ Taeyeon started to walk after him when Tiffany pulled her back. “Tae, what’s going on?”

“What do you think is going on?” Taeyeon snapped. “I was just trying to coach him in his vocals! Great, now you’ve chased him away.” Seohyun just stood there silently, staring at Taeyeon as if she didn’t recognize her.

“But- you never help anyone except us in our singing! Remember how you’ve rejected countless of trainees like him whom keep hindering you for your help? What makes him so special that you’re helping him now?”

Taeyeon remembered. But there was something about Baekhyun that was familiar to her. Was it the eyes, the way he sang, or maybe the way he talked? She wasn’t sure, but she felt like she had to help him the moment he talked about how he couldn’t get the notes right.

And suddenly, her heart stopped. The same exact situation had happened before, except that it had happened with Jessica. And that was the first time she met Jessica.

Why am I always thinking about Jessica? Taeyeon couldn't even figure out why.

“What, are you jealous now?” Taeyeon retorted.

“Jealous? Why would I be? I’m just curious.” Tiffany frowned.

She’s….not jealous? Taeyeon clearly didn’t expect this reaction from Tiffany. Was she disappointed that Tiffany didn’t feel jealous? Yes.

Before Taeyeon could say another word, their vocal coach came in and they started the recording session.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica was lying on her bed in her house. She missed home so much that she just had to come back to see everyone, including her sister. Even thought the both of them were in the same company, they hardly saw each other, and were never free at the same time. Today was one of the rare occasions where they both had the same day off.

"Krystal-ah, I have something to ask you." Jessica sat up and looked over at Krystal who was sitting at her desk, studying for the college classes that she had missed due to promotions in Korea.

"Mhm?"

"If, I mean if..." Jessica hesitated. "If I turn out to like a girl, would you be very disappointed in me?"

Krystal immediately whirled around in her chair and gave her full attention. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... I'm not very sure myself, but I think I might be in love with a girl. I mean, I'm not a hundred percent sure that I like her, but when I think of the possibility of her getting hurt by someone, it hurts my heart."

"Mhm.... I don't think that's love.. Maybe you just care for her as a friend? I mean, it's possible that your heart might ache for a friend." Krystal stopped to think. "But if you turn out to like a girl, I'll give you my full support, even though I don't support homo, but you're my sister, you know? I understand that you know what you're doing."

Jessica walked over and gave her a hug. As expected, of course she could rely on her sister.

 

The trio were done with their recording, and they were finally heading home. Taeyeon was dozing off in the van when she heard a giggle.

"Yea, oppa." Tiffany's whispers could be heard from the seat in front of her.

"I've just finished recording for the album." Another giggle. "No, of course not! There were no guys there, unless you count my manager oppa. "

Was Tiffany talking to a guy? And she sounded like...she was talking to her boyfriend.

"It's late, oppa, you should sleep. You have a comeback stage tomorrow, right?" "Okay, I'll call you in the morning! Goodnight, oppa. I love you."

Tiffany had a boyfriend. A celebrity boyfriend.

Taeyeon sat still, trying to register the fact into her head. Tiffany had finally got a boyfriend. Does that mean she has lesser time for me? She had been dreading for this day to come in a long, long time. A tear trickled down her face as she looked out of the window.

My best friend, sister and girlfriend is gone. She's still physically here with me, but her heart is somewhere else.

Taeyeon was happy that Tiffany finally found someone to support and comfort her, but why was she feeling this way? Maybe because she knew that her place in Tiffany's heart was now second, other than Tiffany's family.

I should be happy for her. I should let her go. Taeyeon cried all the way back, in silence.

 

----

Okay guys, you all made clear in the previous chapter that you didn't want Baekyeon. And I assure you I'm not writing Baekyeon either (at least not in this fic) .

He won't be appearing again, so don't panic. This fanfic will be Taengsic and forever Taengsic, and nothing will break them apart. :-)

-deergwynx