Afraid to know the answer

What happened to us?

Just 5 minutes after Taeyeon had settled down in her room, she was dragged out again. She didn't feel like talking to anyone; especially Tiffany. She didn't think she was ready to face her yet. However, this time it was an "urgent matter" that Yoona had to discuss, hence all the members were sitted in the living room, still grumpy from being awaken up in their sleep.

"What is it?" Sooyoung asked Yoona, still half-asleep. However much of a prankster Yoona might seem to be, she just wasn't the type of thoughtless person to wake everyone up from their precious sleeping time. It must be something really serious this time.

"I.. have something to announce." Yoona stammered. "You guys are the first people I'm telling, I didn't even tell my mum yet."

"Okay, we get it." Sunny folded her arms. "Just get to the point, please."

"I'm getting there!" Yoona took a deep breath. "I'm dating Lee Seunggi oppa." She looked around, bracing herself for the exclaims and gasps.

But instead of an explosive reaction, all the members just nodded. "We know."

"Wha-what?? How could you have known?" Yoona gasped.

"It was so obvious, you left your phone lying around. We knew it all from the start." Yuri rolled her eyes. "Now can we get back to sleep?"

"Oh..." Yoona smiled sheepishly. "I should've known, it's really impossible to keep secrets from you guys."

 

Just as everyone got up to leave, Tiffany shouted. "Wait! I have something to say too."

"Now what?" Sooyoung placed her hands on her hips. "Please don't tell us that you're dating someone, too. That would be so funny." she chuckled.

Taeyeon looked down. She didn't want Tiffany to see her face if she really announced it. She didn't even want to hear who it was.

"I'm dating Nichkhun."

There. She said it. Nichkhun. I should've known.

"WHAT?" Everyone except Jessica and Taeyeon shouted.

----------------

Jessica lay on her bed, thinking of the whole situation. Was Taeyeon hurt? She couldn't stop thinking of Taeyeon, and she wanted to comfort her and be there for her. Maybe I'll check on her later, Jessica sighed.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany knocked on Taeyeon's door. "Tae, are you in there? I'm coming in."

Taeyeon rolled over to the other side and tried to wipe her tears, but it was no use. Anyone could tell that she'd been crying, just by looking at her red eyes and nose.

"Are you...crying?" Tiffany sighed as she sat down. "Is it because you think that I won't have time for you anymore? It's not that, really. I have considered that before, and I would be able to spend time with you and Khun! Please don't cry anymore."

Taeyeon's heart sank even lower. She didn't understand. "That's not why I was crying."

"That's not? Then what?"

"It's because you didn't tell me first."

"Tell you first? Why?" Tiffay echoed.

"DO YOU REALLY NOT KNOW WHY?" Taeyeon was so upset and frustrated that she felt like crying again. "Am I even special to you? Don't you at least think that I should deserve to know first? Am I not your best.....friend?"

"I'm sorry." Tiffany stuttered. "I mean..."

"I know. After you got together with Nichkhun, my place in your heart has just shrunk, right? I don't blame you. It's not like anyone has ever loved me enough to stay with me forever." Taeyeon finished bitterly.

'Nobody?" Now Tiffany was getting really mad. "Do you not remember the times when you got so stressed that you had a high fever? Who stayed up through the night to take care of you? And how about Jessica, whom tried so hard for months just to get your attention? And you dare say nobody?"

Taeyeon was about to argue back when Jessica walked in. Tifany was so glad to see her. "Talk to her for abit, and knock some sense into her." she muttered angrily to Jessica, walking out.

 

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked. "It's because Tiffany is dating Khun, right? Are...you hurt?"

Taeyeon didn't answer, and Jessica was afraid to find out the answer. After a long pause, Jessica pressed further. "You like Tiffany, right? Not as in the sister-ly type of like, but as in the real love with feelings...am I right?"

"What? No!" Taeyeon wasn't sure. She admitted that she was indeed attracted to Tiffany in the past, how could she not, with Tiffany's aegyo and playfulness? They spent almost every minute of their lives together, and Taeyeon came so close to confessing to her once. However, she wasn't so sure now, when Jessica's in the picture too.

"Then....were you crying because she didn't tell you first?"

"No." Taeyeon lied. She didn't want Jessica to get the wrong idea again.

"Thank God." Jessica nodded. "I was afraid that you'll be angry at me too, since I also knew about it from the start."

Taeyeon felt like her heart couldn't take the shock. "Why didn't you tell me?" Great. Both of the people I love have been keeping secrets from me.

"Fany told me not to tell you yet, why?"

"How long more were you guys not going to tell me?" Taeyeon was shaking. "HOW MANY MORE SECRETS ARE YOU KEEPING FROM ME?!"

"Yah, why are you getting angry at me all of a sudden! It's not like it's my fault." Jessica glared at her. "I knew that you would get hurt, that's why I kept it from you."

In a moment of fury, Taeyeon exclaimed, "Why do I never have any true friends! One left me for a guy, and the other lied to me even though she knew that I might be hurt if I found out. I hate my life!!"

There was a long moment of silence, before Jessica spoke in the same, cold toneless voice she used a month ago on Taeyeon. "So all the months of chasing after you wasn't a sign of true friendship?"

"Jessica, that's not it. Please don't start again-"

"Maybe it was only me. Maybe only I thought our friendship was real. I was so dumb to believe that you actually cared for me."

Jessica walked out again, exactly like how she did a month ago.