Confusion

What happened to us?

“I knew it.” Yoona smacked her head and groaned. “This is bad.”

“Wait, what?” Jessica blinked. “Why?”

Yoona sighed. “Tae Unnie and Fany Unnie always had a thing going on, Unnie! And now you’re gonna make it into a love triangle, which means fights…..”

“I know.” Jessica whispered quietly. “Of course I noticed.”

She noticed it before the fights she had with Taeyeon. Before they had the cold war.

“But I didn’t say I was going to fight Fany for Tae.” She continued.

“But come to think of it…. Fany Unnie has Khun oppa. I don’t think they have a thing going on anymore.” Yoona said.

“Even so,” Jessica sighed, “Taeyeon doesn’t like me, and she never will.”

---

 During dinner, everyone was chatting happily at the table. Sunny was in the midst of telling them a funny story of what happened backstage during the SMTOWN world tour when Tiffany put down her spoon and mumbled some excuse of her being sick and getting some rest. Yuri had been observing her since the day before and followed her to her room.

“Tiff.” Yuri closed the door and sat on the bed. “Are you okay?”

Tiffany was tired of being asked this question. She was tired of saying that she’s fine when in fact, she wasn’t.

“I’m not in the mood now, Yul.” Tiffany sighed and gave her a smile, but Yuri knew better than to fall for it.

“Something’s wrong.” Yuri crossed her legs and looked at her. “Spill.”

“It’s nothing, I’m just tired.” Tiffany mumbled.

Yuri grabbed Tiffany by the shoulders and forced her to sit beside her on the bed. She faced Tiffany and looked into her eyes. “I know there’s something wrong, and I’m not leaving till you tell me what’s going on.”

Tiffany’s bottom lip wobbled. “I’m….I’m confused, Yul.”

“What is it? Is Khun bullying you? Is he mistreating you?” Yuri gritted her teeth. “Aish, that bastard. Wait until I see him-“

“It’s not Khun.” Tiffany sniffed. “I’m just not sure…..”

“……who I really love.”

Yuri’s heart went cold. Was she ready for this? She was a hundred percent sure that the next words Tiffany was going to say were the words that she had dreaded all along.

“Who is it?” Yuri whispered.

A tear spilled down Tiffany’s cheek. “That’s not the point, Yul-“

“Who. Is. It?”

The next ten seconds were torturing for her. The ten seconds of silence, where she could choose to walk right out of the door and not hear it, or she could stay right here with Tiffany and let the words do damage to her heart. She experienced the first round of damage when Tiffany announced that she was dating Khun, and she was certain that the damage about to be done was a hundred times worse.

“Tae…Taeyeon.” Tiffany sighed.

Yuri stayed silent for a while as her heart broke to pieces. “Of course.”

And there they sat together for the rest of the night, Tiffany leaning against Yuri crying, and Yuri just hugging her silently, wishing that she was the one Tiffany was crying about.

---

"Oh God."

Jessica and Taeyeon were working out together, and Jessica was literally stunned at how un-fit Taeyeon had become.

"This is what you get after eating so much, Tae!" Jessica scolded and continued to count the number of push-ups Taeyeon had been doing. "Come on! Forty-five, forty-six.."

"Damn it, Sica, can I stop now?" Taeyeon gritted her teeth as she painstakingly continued her push ups. She felt like she was going to die.

"No, you must do at least a hundred before you can stop. Minimum."

"What the hell?!" Taeyeon huffed. "Look, I don't need abs, I don't want abs!"

"You need to look hot, Tae. You're the leader." Jessica rolled her eyes. "Come on, fifty more."

Taeyeon silently cursed under her breath and when she had finally completed all hundred pushups, she collapsed to the floor and breathed heavily. Jessica handed her a water bottle, and waited for her to cool down.

Should I....? Jessica hesitated. She still remembered what Yoona had told her that day.

"You must first find out whether Tae unnie still has feelings for Fany Unnie. Only then should you decide whether you want to give up, or fight for it."

And that was exactly what she was going to do.

 

As they were walking back home from the gym at night, Jessica decided that it was now or never.

"Tae......I need to ask you something."

"Yea?"

"Do you...I mean.. Are you.. in love?"

Taeyeon whipped her head to look at Jessica, confused but amused at the same time. "What's with that? You don't normally ask these type of questions."

"I'm just curious!" Jessica huffed and looked away.

A knowing smile crept onto Taeyeon's face. "Do you still wanna know?"

"No." Jessica sulked. Typical Jessica.

"Sure?" Taeyeon teased. "I'll just tell you! It's-"

"STOP!" Jessica covered her ears with her hands and ran quickly ahead to their dorm, leaving Taeyeon behind, chuckling.

She wasn't sure of it at first, but now she was.

She was sure that she loved Jessica. The way her heart pounded when Jessica asked her whom she liked told her so.

 

---

A/N:

By the way, Tiffany is just confused. Taengsic will ultimately end up together, so just keep calm and enjoy.

Have a lovely week ahead!