Tears Of Joy

What happened to us?

"Kim Taeyeon...." Tiffany shook Taeyeon back and forth. "WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER US?!"

"Fany, stop. Calm down." Sunny tried to get Tiffany off Taeyeon but was pushed away.

Taeyeon just sat there with a blank face. She coudn't remember anything. All she remembered was her name, her parents, and that was it.

"I'm sorry...." Taeyeon said and looked at Tiffany curiously. "Who are you supposed to be again?"

Sunny rolled her eyes in frustration. This is going to make Tiffany more hysterical, she thought. And sure enough, Tiffany became somewhat similar to a wild beast and hurled her phone across the room, knocking over a vase on the table and causing it to shatter into a million pieces.

Then, something clicked in Taeyeon's mind. This scene was familiar. This had happened before. There had been a similar quarrel where something was hurled and broken too, but she could barely remember anything. All she knew was that the argument involved over 5 people. And all the people involved were girls.

She remembered it was something about "debut". And nothing else.

 

Jessica sat on the shore, clutching the box. It had been 7 hours since she was sitting there, and she had no intention to move.

She glanced at her vibrating phone but made no attempt to pick it up. The vibrating stopped and the notification "56 missed calls" popped up on her locked screen.

She looked at the names below the notification. Tiffany...Yuri....Yoona...Sunny...Hyoyeon.... But no Taeyeon. And the name Taeyeon probably wouldn't appear on her phone screen again, she thought as she rested her head between her knees and tried to swallow back her tears. After 3 hours, she got up and made her way back to the hospital. I am going to try for the last time.

 

"Are you awake?"

Upon hearing the angelic-like voice, Taeyeon pushed away her blanket and looked at Jessica. This must be yet another member. Her mother had came and told her about her current life which she supposedly forgot.

"And who are you supposed to be?" Taeyeon asked, and smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm supposed to remember you." I better say this first in case she starts acting like the other girl - Tiffany.

Jessica died a little inside. She stood there, holding the box, and every step she took shattered her heart.

"Do you....really not remember me?" Please don't say yes, she begged in her heart. I don't think can take it.

"Yes."

Jessica stepped forward and flung the box in the air. Pieces of paper came floating down onto Taeyeon.

"What-"

Taeyeon glanced at the paper nearest to her as Jessica ran out and slammed the door.

Hi Jessica, when you're having a bad day, remember that I love you! Keke. Can't wait for the time we debut so that our dream will finally be fufilled. And I hope that by then, this memory box will be filled too ^^ Saranghae

Your Tae

Taeyeon picked the paper up, read it over one more time with a puzzled expression on her face.

 

Jessica walked down the corridor with her head down through a blurry vision, until she knocked into someone. Tiffany.

"Jessica! Have you gone to see her-" Tiffany stoped when she saw her face. "Oh. You have."

Jessica's face crumpled, and she cried even harder.

"Oh, Jessica." Tiffany pulled her into a bear hug. "I was like this too, a few hours ago. Now, I've tried to accept reality." She gave a defeated sigh. "We shouldn't be blaming her. We should think of ways to get her to remember us, okay?"

Jessica nodded and pulled away. "I know you're on your way to see her. Go on."

"But where are you going?"

"Rooftop."

"Sica," Tiffany looked deeply into Jessica's eyes. "You know that is not the solution, right? I almost lost Tae; and I don't think my poor heart could take it if you were gone too...."

"Don't worry." Jessica laughed. Tiffany was so paranoid sometimes. "I just want to get some fresh air."

"Okay," Tiffany let go of her reluctantly. "Call me when you get back, yeah? Let's go back to the dorm together."

 

Taeyeon looked up in alarm and braced herself when Tiffany trudged into the room with a resigned expression.

"Don't worry," Tiffany sighed. "I'm not going to throw anything anywhere. I've learnt to accept reality, and I'm sorry for what happened earlier, TaeTae."

"TaeTae?" Taeyeon wrinkled her eyebrows. "Was that how you addressed me all this while?"

Tiffany nodded.

"And I never called you to stop calling me that?"

She shook her head. "Why would you? The other members also call you by nicknames, but it's mostly Tae." She bit her lip. "Only Sica and I called you absurd nicknames, with Yuri joining in occassionally."

She must have been really close to me. Taeyeon hated nicknames since young, and whenever someone addressed her in something other than "Taeyeon" she would go in a fit and refuse to answer. For her to allow a nickname, they must have been really special.

Tiffany's body went stiff as Taeyeon slowly walked over and gave her a slight hug. "Even though I may not remember you;" Taeyeon said, "But I'm sure we were close enough for you to react like that just now, right? I'm sorry."

Tiffany swallowed. "Don't do this, or else I might go crazy again."

Taeyeon released her and laughed.

Tiffany looked at her with a pained expression.

"What?"

"You have no idea...how much I miss that laugh. Wait, no. How much WE miss that laugh." She corrected herself.

Taeyeon remained silent and opened to apologize again but was cut off by Tiffany.

"No, you don't need to aplogoize. I already said that it's not your fault." She gave a slight smile. "Get well soon, Tae."

Taeyeon smiled back and thanked her silently for her understanding. As she tried to walk back to her bed, she slipped on a puddle ......

and knocked her head hard against the wall.

At that moment, all the memories flashed by her. Their debut times.... her quarrel with Jessica....her scandal..... her fight with Tiffany.

 

 

Jessica was going to go back down when she felt her phone vibrate. It must be Tiffany, she thought. She had spent 1 hour on the roof and  was going back down. The caller id read....

 

Tiffany

 

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Hello?"

 

"Jessica. Come down quick."