It's complicated

What happened to us?

posted an author's note before this, explaining my lack of updates and my thoughts about Jessica- go back one chap

 

 

“Where’s Sica?” Taeyeon hollered as soon as she stepped into the dorm. Nobody answered her as she took off her shoes and placed them onto the shoe rack. That’s weird, she thought. Was no one home yet?

As she walked towards the living room, she caught sight of the shadow of a figure standing on the balcony outside. The slightly-see through curtains was blocking her view, but as she trained her eyes to look closer, she saw that it was Tiffany. Walking towards Tiffany, she was about to call out her name when someone covered and dragged her away.

“Umph-“She tried to speak, but she didn’t need to guess who it was. Judging by the scent, it was Yuri. Every member used a different scent and Taeyeon had every scent memorized in her head. Not like she wanted to, but it just naturally came to her.

Yuri dragged Taeyeon to her room and shut the door firmly.

“What was that?” Taeyeon gasped, and winced. “You grabbed me really hard, Yul.”

“I need to talk to you.” Yuri’s eyes had a glint of determination, and was that anger, or frustration? Taeyeon couldn’t tell, so she just decided to keep quiet for the time being and let Yuri speak. Yuri seldom spoke in this tone so this was something serious.

“Yeah?”

“Who do you love?”

Taeyeon stared at her. “Wha-at?”

“Answer me.”

Taeyeon was starting to feel a little intimidated now. Yuri had her hands placed on her hips and looked like she could beat a whole gang of boys up in a minute.

“Is it Sica?” Yuri demanded.

So it has come to this, Taeyeon thought. It’s time anyway. It’s time I should come clean.

Taeyeon made sure that Yuri was looking her in the eyes before she answered. “Yes.”

Yuri looked away. “Of course. As if it wasn’t obvious enough.”

“Why did you ask?”

“Then, let me ask you another question.” Yuri took a step closer to Taeyeon. “Do you know how Tiffany feels about this?”

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked at her, confused. “I don’t think…..she knows.” And then it dawned on her that she hadn’t been spending much time with Tiffany lately, and that she seldom confided in Tiffany anymore. She didn’t even realise it.

Taeyeon sat there, stunned. “Are you telling me that…Tiff likes me in THAT way?” she whispered.

“Yes. And you have to clarify things before it gets worse.”

As if she could read Taeyeon’s inner thoughts, Yuri nodded. “Don’t you think you’re being unfair here? Even if you didn’t like her in that way, you could have at least told her, and let her know that she’s important.”

“Why would I need to do that…?” Taeyeon mumbled. “She has Khun. And I know that she loves him very much.”

“Are you sure?” Yuri leaned in. “How would you know if you never talked to her anymore?”

“I…..”

“Kim Taeyeon. Please. Put Tiffany out of her misery.”

It didn’t sound like a command or an order, but it sounded more like a plea. From Yuri. And Taeyeon suddenly knew why Yuri was so concerned about her relationship with Tiffany.

---

Jessica, meanwhile, had gone to find her sister, only to realize that she had 15 missed calls from someone. Upon looking at the caller i.d, Jessica groaned.

"What?" She snapped, as the caller called for the 16th time.

"Hey. Where are you?"

"None of your business." Jessica rolled her eyes. "Aren't you a little too free? Not preparing for a comeback?"

Jessica herself didn't know why she was this pissed and irritated. Maybe it was the monthly thing. Or maybe because she had just missed the opportunity to find out who Taeyeon liked. She was pissed at herself, actually.

"Woah, chill man. Look behind you."

Jessica whirled around to find a grinning Taecyeon. "Hey! What are you doing here?" Jessica gasped. "We're in public!"

"Whatever." Taeyeon put down his phone and smiled. "I was doing some recording at a studio nearby- we lost the studio to Miss A." He huffed. "Thanks to Wooyoung, who was so smitten with Suzy that he readily gave up the studio to them."

Jessica was about to reply when 2 high-school girls rushed up to Taecyeon. "Omo! Oppa? OPPA~ I'm a fan!!!!!"

Please don't let them see me......Please don't. Jessica prayed as she slipped down her cap lower, covering her eyes.

The two girls turned to Jessica and tried to see who it was. But before they could tell, Taecyeon grabbed Jessica's hand and walked away hurriedly before giving the fans a polite grin. "Let's get away before gets real."

" already got real." Jessica laughed sarcastically. "If a scandal breaks out, you're dead meat. Couldn't you have at least wore a cap?"

 

They sneaked into a little cafe and sat down. Taecyeon looked at Jessica and opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but closed it back again.

"If you're going to say something, out with it."

Taec laughed. "We haven't seen each other for a while, but it seems like you're the same old Jessica Jung. The impatient Jessica Jung." he teased, then took a deep breath.

"Jessica.... I....."

Jessica's eyes widened. "Please don't let it be what I think." She whispered.