Again

What happened to us?

Jessica was together with Taeyeon and Tiffany, helping to pack Taeyeon's things. Taeyeon was finally discharged and all of them were happy that she could finally go home.

Jessica was clearing out the bed. She wrinkled her nose at the crinkly pile of tissues lying all over the bed, and hesitantly picked them up with her fingers. She dropped one onto the floor, and bent over to pick it up, revealing the contents inside her shirt.

Taeyeon just so happened to glance up while packing her bags by the sofa across the room and almost dropped open.

She was stunned for a moment, and quickly reverted her eyes away when Jessica jerked her head back up.

Taeyeon put a hand over her heart and was worried. She wasn’t worried about catching sight of Jessica’s assets; she was worried as to why her heart was thumping when she saw them.

 

Jessica dumped Taeyeon’s luggage onto the van and let out her breath. “Phew.”

“Don’t throw my things like that!” Taeyeon gasped, and smacked Jessica’s . “There’s food inside! I grabbed a decent amount of snacks before I left.” She grinned, causing both Tiffany and Jessica to choke out in laughter.

“Oh my, Ahjumma Taeng.” Tiffany made a face. “You didn’t have to do that.” She giggled.

Taeyeon grinned sheepishly. “I guess it’s a habit.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and climbed into the mini van. She plopped herself onto the last window seat, and looked around. “Where are the rest of the members?”

Jessica sat down beside her. “I don’t know,” she shrugged. Taeyeon opened to ask Tiffany, but Tiffany had settled down in front beside their manager and was pre-occupied in a conversation.

The van started moving and both of them sat in silence, deeply engrossed by the content of their phones until Jessica looked up.

“So, Tae.” Jessica turned towards her. “Did you miss us?”

Taeyeon looked right back at her, into Jessica’s eyes. There was mischievousness written all over her face, but deep in her eyes; there was a slight hint of longing. That Taeyeon would say yes.

“Yes,” Taeyeon smiled.  “Especially you.”

Jessica couldn’t tell if she was joking or being serious, but she was satisfied, and smiled right back at Taeyeon. This was enough for her.

--------------

Taeyeon stepped into the dorm as showers of confetti rained down on her.

“Welcome back!”

Taeyeon laughed, grabbed the confetti off the floor and threw them back at the members. “Seriously, guys?”

“Yes, seriously.” Sooyoung grinned. “A welcome back party for our ahjumma leader whom we missed with all our hearts.”

Sunny grimaced. "How cheesy, Soo. Cut it out."

 "Can we start eating now? I'm hungry," Yoona whimpered.

All of them laughed. Walking towards the living room,Taeyeon stopped dead in her tracks.

Hanging all over the ceiling of the living room were small paper cranes of every colour imaginable. They dangled freely in the air, suspensed by white thread and seemed to be floating over their heads.

"Did....you guys do this?" Taeyeon gazed at them, and quickly brought a hand up to her cheek to wipe away a tear.

Tiffany smiled. "Tae, we folded a thousand cranes, hoping that you'd wake up. It was so difficult but it was our only hope left."

"But you guys didn't have to." Taeyeon whispered. She looked up at the pink crane dangling right above her head; it was folded with precision and someone had even drawn a pair of eyes on it. "Where did you all find the time to do all of this? You guys must have been so busy...."

"While waiting for you to wake up." Tiffany bit her lip. "Waiting for you to wake up was such a difficult thing to do, Tae - we would linger about in the hospital for hours , holding your lifeless hand and talking to you, praying that you'd wake up." She looked away with moist eyes. "We had to distract ourselves from something anyway,"

"Guys....." Yuri sighed. "We should have a no-crying rule during parties, you know." She put her hand affectionately over Tiffany's shoulder. "Don't cry, it makes you look uglier."

"Jerk." Tiffany elbowed Yuri and laughed. "I'm sorry. Sad moments over, let's party!"

 

"Unnie, are you feeling better now?" Yoona sat down on the sofa beside Taeyeon. "I'm sorry that I didn't visit you much when you were hospitalized - I was busy filming my new drama."

"Oh, you decided to take the role in the end?" Taeyeon asked. "Who's the male lead? Love Rain, right?"

Yoona nodded. "Yeah. It's Jang Geuk Seuk oppa."

Taeyeon gasped. "And you accepted the role? What about Seunggi? I thought you initally didn't want to accept the role because of him; and I still remember you guys were having a huge quarrel about this and almost broke up."

Yoona sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Yea, but he apologized to me after that, and told me that he understands that it's our job."

Taeyeon nodded approvingly. "That's the way. I knew he wouldn't let you down. He's a keeper- Yoona, you must never let him go, understand?"

Yoona's face was flush with embarrassment, and immediately changed the subject. "How about you, Unnie? Are things okay between you and Sica unnie?"

"What...?" Taeyeon was taken aback by the question. "Oh...yea. Why'd you ask?"

"I don't know." Yoona shrugged her shoulders. "Remember those times that you guys used to fight all the time, haha. People might even misunderstand that you guys were having a lover's quarrel-"

"YOOONAA!" Yuri hollered from the kitchen. "Come here!"

"I've got to go, Unnie." Yoona looked up in alarm. " See you later!"

Lover's quarrel. It seemed wrong; but Taeyeon thought that it sounded so magical, she almost wished that it was true.

--

"Come on, guys, let's make a wish." Sooyoung held a candle in her hands and carefully placed it onto the cake.

All of them closed their eyes and clasped their hands together. Taeyeon was standing beside Jessica and slightly opened her eyes to peep at her. Jessica's face was scrunched and her lips were moving. Taeyeon wondered what she was praying for.

 

They opened a wine bottle and stood around the table, having little conversations here and there. Jessica stood there sipping the red wine, closing her eyes - she hadn't tasted such good wine for a while, and wanted to savour it as much as possible.

Taeyeon swallowed and looked at the glass of red wine in her hands. She peered into the glass and caught a whiff of the strong-smelling wine, and put the glass down. She decided not to drink, since her body had just recovered. It was such a pity - she really loved red wine.

Jessica looked at her with a bemused expression. "What?" Taeyeon asked innocently.

"You want to drink it, right?" Jessica laughed with a twinkle in her eye. "It's quite amusing to watch you fight that temptation."

"I do not." Taeyeon huffed and pouted. For some reason, she was embarrassed to admit it.

"Here." Jessica took a last sip of the wine, and handed Taeyeon her glass. "You can have a little sip."

Taeyeon smiled and took the cup. There was Jessica's lipstick stain left right there on the edge of the glass. She swallowed and with her heart thumping all of a sudden, brought it close to .

 

----

A/N:

Most of you voted for fluffy Taengsic, so fluffy Taengsic you shall have. Wait for it! ;)

Also, thank you for the nice comments and feedback T_T i would reply to each and everyone if i could. Glad that you all like my fanfic and i'll continue to make better Taengsic fanfics! Already have a few more planned :)

 

ps check out my new Yongseo ff if you have time and give me feedbacks! ;)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/813709/if-i-stay-cnblue-seohyun-snsd-yonghwa-yongseo