Gift From The Heart

What happened to us?

Taeyeon sat on the sofa with her eyes closed, nodding her head slightly together with the beat of the song. Oh, how she loved this song so much.

"Hey." Tiffany snapped her fingers in front of Taeyeon's face, causing her eyes to jolt open in surprise. "What are you doing?"

Taeyeon pulled out one earbud as Tiffany plopped herself down on the sofa next to her. "Listening to our duet song," she said wistfully. "If not for that dog, millions of fans could have enjoyed this song."

She looked at Tiffany in expectations as Tiffany took that earbud from her and plugged it into her right ear. "How is it?"

"Wow." Tiffany breathed, after a minute. "It's- it's amazing. This song really shows both yours and Sica's vocal abilities. Millions of people would have appreciated this song, Tae. Can you send a copy of it to me?"

"Okay! That will be your Christmas present." Taeyeon laughed cheekily as Tiffany poked her in the ribs.

 

Taeyeon slide her cap down and pulled up her mask on her face the moment she came out of the taxi. She looked around warily. So far, so good. No one recognized her. Yet.

It was Christmas Eve, and by this time, most people would have already gone Christmas shopping. Moreover, it was still quite early, and a normal human being wouldn't be out so early at a shopping centre when all the shops just opened.

Now, all she had to do was to find that damn shop....

She was so lost in her thoughts that she knocked into someone, causing that person's cap to fall. Taeyeon opened to apologize, but as she looked at that person's sunglasses and mask, she felt like...it was someone familiar.

"Kim Taeyeon! What are you doing here?"

Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise. "Heechul oppa?"

Heechul lowered his sunglasses. "Yah! Why are you here?"

"I'm sure it's the same reason why you're here too."

"Last minute Christmas shopping!" They both said together and burst out in laughter.

"This is why we're siblings." Heechul grinned at her. "But....didn't you tell me over the phone the other day that you already completed your Christmas shopping?"

"I did," Taeyeon mumbled. "I'm here just to get one gift."

"For Sica?"

Taeyeon sighed. "Yes. I don't know what to get her! She has everything. Clothes, handbags, jewellery...."

Heechul smiled. "A gift doesn't necessarily have to be something. It comes from the heart. Do you get what I mean?"

Taeyeon nodded. "I just want to let her know how important she is to me."

 

After chatting a little with Heechul, Taeyeon finally found the jewellery shop. As she walked in, she was dazzled by all the shining diamonds, rings and necklaces on display.

She looked around, trying to find the perfect gift for Jessica. However, all of them looked so mainstream and normal. Taeyeon wanted something extraordinary, something that Jessica would always remember. Something to be shared between them.

"How about this, Miss?" The shop attendant beckoned her over and pulled out two necklaces- a lock shaped like a heart and a key. Not only that, but both of them were decorated in tiny little diamonds and they sparkled under the light.

I have to buy this, Taeyeon thought. Jessica will love it.

"I'll take this." Taeyeon smiled. Despite knowing that her pocket will be pretty much empty after this, Taeyeon still wanted to provide Jessica with the best.

 

"Taeyeon, you have a schedule in 15 minutes! Get ready to leave," Their manager called during dinner time.

"Schedule?" Jessica looked at Taeyeon. "What schedule?"

"Yeah, isn't it all of our day off today? We were planning to watch a movie! It's Christmas Eve!"

"I don't know." Taeyeon looked at their manager in bewilderment. "Since when did I have one?"

"Just fol- follow me!" Their manager stuttered and walked out.

"I'll be back." Taeyeon smiled. "Probably a guest appearance at a radio broadcast or something."

The girls nodded and waved. "Come back in time for the movie!"

 

 

"Where is she now?" Kim Young Min barked.

"She is..on the way out to the van." Their manager swallowed. "I still don't think this is a good idea-"

"Then do you think Taeyeon and Jessica dating is a good idea?" Kim Young Min growled. "Don't make me disappointed."

"I don't think they are dating anymore-"

"What do you mean they aren't dating anymore? I saw them hugging each other in the dance practice room the other day. I already warned them but they didn't want to listen! I'm not doing this to hurt Taeyeon. I'm protecting her."

Protecting my , the manager thought. How is creating a scandal protecting?

He tried one more time to talk Kim Young Min out of it. "I think it's better to let Taeyeon know what we're going to do, then."

"Do you want to get fired?"

"No-no.."

"Then get her there. Immediately. Try to talk me out of it or defend her one more time, and you can pack your bags."

"I got it."

Kim Young Min put his phone down and smiled. "Merry Christmas, Kim Taeyeon."