You just didn't notice

What happened to us?

"Jessica-" Taeyeon's bottom lip quivered. I want this friendship back, and I want to give you a chance to love me again.

But before she could say anything, Jessica took another step back, and said something that shattered Taeyeon's hard into a million pieces.

"I'm tired of trying, Kim Taeyeon, and I give up."

And with that, Jessica turned away and walked out of the door.

----

"Yah, what's wrong unnie?" Yoona stared at Jessica as she walked into their practice room. Jessica thought that the practice room was empty and she just wanted some time away from everyone.

"Nothing," Jessica wiped away her tears quickly with the back of her hand, and then saw some smudged mascara that came away with her hand. Crap. I totally look like a mess right now. "What are you doing here? I thought everyone would have gone back already."

"I stayed behind because I wanted to practice a little while for our end of year SM concert." she came closer to Jessica and frowned. "Why are your eyes like that? Omo-" Yoona spoke in a concerned tone. "Have you been crying, unnie?"

"Ah.. It'll be useless if I lied and said no, right?" Jessica shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the floor.

"Unnie-" Yoona looked at her seriously. "You know that I am here for you, right? You can feel free to tell me anything, I will listen." she smiled.

Jessica looked at her hesitantly. Should I tell her? It's not like she didn't trust Yoona; she did, but did she want to tell anyone about this?

"Ah... it's about the sub-"

"It's Taeyeon unnie, isn't it?" Yoona cut her off.

"What?" Jessica stared at her, wide-eyed. How did she know?

"How did you know-"

"It's obvious." Yoona looked down at the floor. "I mean, it's obvious that you guys are having a cold war, although we are not sure what happened. And Fany unnie refused to say anything to us, telling us that it'll be better for both of you to tell us yourself."

Us?

"Wait...." Jessica stopped to process her thoughts. "By "us", you mean...."

"Yeah. All the members know about it. Your cold war." Yoona crossed her legs. "Honestly, we're all worried for you, unnie. You and Taeyeon unnie seem so down, and it's getting really hard to talk to both of you. We're worried,  worried that the bond between us will break." She swallowed and Jessica noticed that Yoona was starting to get a little teary.

"Yoona-ah...bianhe. I'm sorry." She reached over and hugged her. " I didn't know that you guys were worried, or that you knew about the situation. If I did, I would've explained." she paused. "It's just that it's kind of hard for me to tell you guys just like that.... I thought that as long as I didn't say it, everything would be fine."

"Oh, unnie." Yoona pulled her back and looked at her with her hands on Jessica's shoulders. "We should be worrying, right? If we didn't worry, something is wrong." She smiled. "Now tell me, what's wrong? What is going on between you and Taeyeon unnie?"

"Taeyeon...seems to not like me." Jessica smiled sadly. "I'm sure you have seen how much I've tried to mend the situation between us- but it never works out. It's like a one-sided love," she joked half-heartedly.

"Hmmmm....I kind of expected that, but it just doesn't make sense. You and Tae unnie used to be so close." she frowned. "Maybe you did something unintentionally that made her angry?"

"That's what Fany said too." Jessica sighed. "But I didn't. All I know was that she stopped coming to my room to look for me, she stopped talking to me, and even avoided sitting or standing beside me. And whenever I went up to her to start a conversation, she either walked away giving some lame excuse about wanting to rest or she just gave one word replies. I really have no clue why she's acting like that towards me. Maybe she's jealous of my friendship with Tiffany."

"I think I know why." Yoona drummed her fingers on the floor. "Actually, the other unnies have also suspected this. She's jealous, but not because of Fany unnie. She may be jealous of you as a person."

Jealous? Of me? Not because of Fany?

Never in her life did she expect Taeyeon to be actually jealous of her. Jealous of her friendship with Fany, yes. But of her....?

"But unnie," Yoona continued, "Taeyeon unnie really cares for you."

"How so?" Jessica stared at her. This is getting ridiculous, she thought. How could Taeyeon be possibly caring for her, when she had her removed from their sub-group?

"It's true. Remember that time when you were having a really bad sore throat, and I gave you a herbal sweet?"

Jessica remembered. She had been very grateful for that, or else she could've ruined the whole performance. It was a live performance, not pre-recorded, and they had to sing without any backup vocals. She recalled how much she had panicked backstage when she tried to rehearse the high notes and couldn't deliever them. She shuddered, remembering how horrible it felt.

"Yeah." Jessica raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"It was actually Taeyeon unnie who asked me to give to you." Yoona grinned, and related the moment to Jessica.

 

---

"Yoona-ah, follow me for a little while." Taeyeon whispered hurriedly and tugged at Yoona's shirt.

Yoona followed her to a dark corner at the side, and fumbled with her mic. "What is it? We're up next, unnie." She looked at the screen above them, and saw that the Infinite boys were halfway through their song.

"Here." Taeyeon handed to her a herbal sweet, the kind that was used to cure sore throats. "Unnie, why are you giving this to me?" Yoona looked at her curiously. "I'm not the one that needs it."

"Jessica has a sore throat, right...?" Taeyeon looked away. "Give it to her," she mumbled.

"Wah... unnie, why don't you give it to her yourself, if you're so concerned?" Yoona smiled. "Give it to her yourself!"

"No." Taeyeon poked Yoona. "It's not like you don't know what's going on between us. Anyway, don't tell her that it was me who gave it to you, or else," Taeyeon tickled her, "you die."

"Arasso! Psh. I'll give it." Yoona laughed as she walked back.

 

"Sica unnie," Yoona nudged her. "Ja. For your sore throat."

"Wah, gomawo, Yoona-ah! Jessica exclaimed, throwing her arms around her neck. "Lifesaver!"

Yoona stole a glance at Taeyeon, whom made the gesture of zipping . Yoona winked.

---

Jessica smiled. So Taeyeon had been watching out for her all along, she realized. But then, she suddenly remembered the hurtful words she had said to her earlier. I told her that I gave up. Jessica Jung, you pabo!

Riiiiiiiiing. Yoona's phone suddenly rang, distracting the both of them.

"Aish." Yoona pulled her phone out of her pocket. However, when she saw the caller ID, Yoona's face softened and she smiled. Jessica looked at her, and leaned over to peep at the caller ID. Yoona tried to cover it, but it was too late, Jessica saw everything.

----

Author's note:

Hi guys! Sadly to say, I will be going back to school starting from tomorrow; hence I am unable to update as frequently as I used to during my break (aka 2 chapters per day.) However, I will update as soon as I can, so don't worry too much! :)