Painful Love

What happened to us?

Taeyeon softly walked across Jessica's room, praying hard that she wouldn't make any noise that would get her noticed. As she walked past the door, she turned her head and she stopped dead in her tracks, unable to move.

Tiffany was hugging Jessica.

Taeyeon's heart stopped beating for a moment as she stared at them. Her heart sank to the bottom at the sight of Tiffany smiling and ruffling Jessica's hair affectionately. Tiffany then got up and Taeyeon quickly stepped out of the doorway towards the side of the doors before she could be seen.

--

"I'll call you out for dinner!" Tiffany grinned and closed the door, And then, when she turned away to walk back to her room, she got the shock of her life.

"Tae!!! Omo, you scared me. What are you doing here? I thought you went back to your parent's house?" she smiled nervously.

 


"I came back 2 days earlier because I missed you guys." But you clearly didn't miss me, she thought.

"Oh, that's good to hear! It shouldn't be long before the others get back, so I'll go make dinner! You should rest!" Tiffany's voice was unusually high-pitched and she walked away in hurried footsteps.

Taeyeon stared after her, having mixed feelings over the whole situation. On one hand, she was kind of glad that Tiffany was there for Jessica, as Jessica probably needed someone there for her as she goes through the hard times. However, she felt so wronged; so betrayed. Why must it be Tiffany? Why can't it be any other member? Couldn't Jessica try to approach the other members whom she had been close with?

She stopped breathing for a moment. I was one of the members she tried to approach, she realized with a weird empty feeling in her heart.

 

Taeyeon lay on her bed, with a million thoughts running through her mind. I should just watch some videos to get rid of the stress, she figured, and grabbed her phone from her nightstand. She went on Youtube and keyed in "snsd", hoping that there were at least some new fan-made videos. She loved watching those; especially those that captured their crazy and dorky moments on stage, as well as some of their mistakes which were so hilarious it made her chuckle every time she thought of it.

Just then, a video caught her eye amongst the rest from the search results.

Taengsic: Painful Love (FMV)

What? Taeyeon wrinkled her brows. Painful love? She hesitated before clicking it.

--

"Jessica, saranghae"

"Taeyeon, saranghae"

Taeyeon's vision blurred as she recalled that moment in the radio broadcast station. When they were more than friends; they were sisters.

"Right now, it's TaeNy Generation!" she looked on as she saw the video of herself and Tiffany doing a heart together in front of the camera. Ah, I remember. This was filmed when we were promoting Gee.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon, don't you love me anymore?" Jessica was laughing hard on screen as she grabbed Taeyeon's shoulders. "Let's do it too!"

"Right now.... It's Taengsic Generation!" The video ended with both Taeyeon and Jessica smiling fondly at the screen with twinkling eyes and genuine smiles on their faces.

Taeyeon tried to hold back her tears and looked at the comments. She couldn't take it anymore, she started crying.

"Holding on to this ship is like waiting for a miracle to happen..... TT"

"Taeyeon unnie, until when are you going to ignore Sica Unnie? It is so hard and painful to watch.."

"This ship will never sail again. I think all the Taengsic shippers should join either the Taeny fandom or the JeTi fandom. Yulsic and Yoonsic is good, too."

and it was the last comment that struck Taeyeon the hardest.

"Taengsic was the perfect ship, and they had the loveliest chemistry in the group. They matched so well, from their singing skills to their looks. It's just such a pity that Taeyeon has been pushing Jessica away. Kim Taeyeon, sones hope that you understand what you're doing, as this is the ICE PRINCESS, whom I think is willing to melt her ice just for you."

She muffled her face into a pillow and sobbed uncontrollably, realizing how much of an idiot she had been. Even if she wanted Jessica back, there was nothing she could do, the damage has been done, and she didn't want to hurt her further.

-----

The girls were eating dinner in the dining room with an unusual silence lingering in the air. Everyone was tired; all they wanted to do was to get a nice warm shower and sleep. Suddenly, their manager burst into the dorm, causing all 9 girls to look up with shock.

"Wae, oppa?" Sooyoung looked at him. It was already 9pm at night, their manager wouldn't burst into their dorm with no reason.

"Mass meeting," their manager panted. "Tomorrow morning at 7."

"AGAIN?!" the girls groaned. Mass meetings were held yearly, where all the artists of the company gathered together, and their directors would inform each group of the plans that were laid out for them. Comebacks, endorsements etc.... It was a huge hassle and usually lasted for a few hours.

Their manager nodded. "I tried calling all of you but I couldn't get through, now I know why," he muttered, causing the girls to grin sheepishly. "Could you guys stop eating so much at night? When you eat after 8pm, you gain weight!"

"Andwae!" the girls cried together, and burst out in laughter. "Geez.... I really don't know what to do with you. Making your manager oppa run over at night. Sleep early! You can't be late." he called over his shoulder, making his way out.