Promises

What happened to us?

It seemed like forever before Taeyeon pulled away, still smiling.

Jessica's eyes flitted around, before they finally landed on Taeyeon's face. "Tae.....Are you sure?"

"What?" Taeyeon's smile disappeared. "Why? You don't like it?"

Jessica gave her one of the blank Jessica Jung stare, until she burst out in laughter. "No! I mean.....Erm...."

Taeyeon chuckled. A shy Jessica was cute, and Taeyeon never felt clearer about anything in her life before. She was sure of the way she felt; and she was sure that she had made the right decision.

"I love you, Jessica." She took Jessica's face in her hands, and looked right into Jessica's big, brown eyes. "I'm sorry that I at displaying my emotions around you, and I really hate it. I've loved you from the beginning, and I've never stopped, even when you thought I did."

Jessica's eyes began to moisten.

"And I'm very sure that I want to do this." Taeyeon continued, and smiled. "I want you to know that I'm here for you, and I will never....leave your side ever again."

Jessica then grabbed Taeyeon into a bear hug and she buried herself into Taeyeon's hair, inhaling her sweet scent.

"I love you, too." She whispered.

---

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were out downstairs for a short walk. It was feeling really stuffy in the dorm as all 9 members were back that day, and both Taeyeon and Jessica couldn't stand sudden loud noises, so they both decided to go out for a short while.

"But..Tae?" Jessica asked Taeyeon uncertainly. "What about Tiff?"

"What about her?"

"Come on, you know she has feelings for you." Jessica sighed. "As much as I love you, I too care for Tiff. How are we going to break this," she gestured to herself first, then to Taeyeon, "about this?"

Taeyeon shrugged. "I've been thinking about this too, and it's really bugging me."

"Please do it well, Tae." Jessica sighed. "I don't want to hurt her."

"Me, too."

 

Taeyeon told Jessica to go upstairs first after hugging her goodnight. After making sure Jessica got into the lift safely, (you never know when dangerous things might happen) she called Tiffany and told her to meet downstairs in 2 minutes.

She leaned her head against the building and sighed. It was starting to get complicated, but she knew that this would happen the moment she discovered that she had feelings for Jessica. As Jessica had said, Taeyeon too would always have a soft spot for Tiffany, but she simply didn't love Tiffany that way.

Taeyeon believed in fate. She believed that Jessica was meant for her, and that they were meant to be together. Through all the ups and downs, as well as all the fights, tears and hate, she ultimately ended up with Jessica. Unlike her relationship with Tiffany, where there were rarely fights and quarrels, and there was always laughter and happiness, she didn't feel complete with Tiffany.

Love was complicated, but Taeyeon was willing to conquer everything just to be with Jessica.

 

"Hey," Tiffany grinned and ran up to Taeyeon. "What's up?"

"Nothing." Taeyeon cocked her head to her side and smiled. "Just wanted to invite you for a walk."

Tiffany narrowed her eyes while walking at Taeyeon's side. "You want to say something to me?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you seldom hang out with me anymore." Tiffany gave her a sad smile. "I thought with the sudden invitation to walk and all, you had something to say. And not to mention that I know you hate walking at night especially after it rains cos' you say the air outside is too humid."

Taeyeon didn't even notice this about herself. Tiffany knew so much more about her, probably more than Jessica. And suddenly, she felt this urge to quickly tell Tiffany about the truth so that she wouldn't have to suffer any more.

"Actually.... you're right."

"What?"

"I have something to tell you."

Something about her tone told Tiffany that it was something serious. And something about her tone told Tiffany that it whatever she feared for was going to come true.

"Yea?" Tiffany answered in English.

"I'm... together with Jessica. We're together."

These words didn't struck Tiffany as hard as she thought it would be. Maybe it would later, but all Tiffany could feel at that moment was numbness.

"Are you... okay?" Taeyeon turned back to look at Tiffany, whom had stopped walking and was standing with her hands balled up in fists against her sides.

"Do you think I am?" She finally answered. "It's not like you don't know how I feel about you, Tae."

"You have Khun." Taeyeon walked over in front of Tiffany, and placed both hands on her shoulders. "You love Khun. And me being with Jessica doesn't change anything between us. We're still sisters!"

"Sisters." Tiffany spat out the word as if it was a lethal weapon. "Sisters? I loved you, Taeyeon. Do you dare say you never had feelings for me? At all?"

Taeyeon looked at her for a few seconds, and looked away. "I did."

"But at that time Jessica wasn't in the picture. We were fighting - and it was only during the fight that I realised that the one I loved was Jessica. Even then, I wasn't so sure."

"I love you, Tiffany." Taeyeon continued, and smiled. "But not in the way I love Jessica. I think we both have to accept that we're not meant to be lovers, and although I love you very very much for always being there for me, I don't think I would ever love you in that way. And I'm sorry."

Tiffany put her head down, letting her tears fall freely. Taeyeon, too, had tears in her eyes, and she gently put her arms around Tiffany as she cried.

"Thank you for everything, Tiffany. But I hope that we could go back to the way things were. Okay? I never want to lose you - you're very important to me."

Tiffany cried even harder.

"Promise me that you won't leave me, as well as Jessica." Taeyeon smiled sadly. "And promise me...that you'll work it out with Khun. You'll get over this in no time."

Tiffany nodded. "I promise."

This was one promise that Tiffany would have to break, because it would be a long time before she could get over Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

A/N:

Okay some of you don't understand what's going on with Tiff, so I'm going to explain :-)

Tiffany IS with Nichkhun, but she comes to realize that the only person in her heart was Taeyeon. Nichkhun was someone she thought she loved, but she slowly comes to understand that the special place in her heart is taken by Taeyeon alone.