Coincidence Or Fate?

What happened to us?

Taeyeon frantically ran down the hallway and burst into the recording studio.

“Jessica!”

Jessica looked up and gave Taeyeon a long, hard and disappointing look.

“Oh, Taeyeon, you’re finally here,” The songwriter remarked and glanced at the clock. 3:15pm. “Great…why don’t we record your part now? Jessica just finished recording hers.” Even though she was already late for her next recording, nothing was more important than a Girls’ Generation member. They were the real deal.

“Oh….okay.” Taeyeon placed her bag down onto the chair and tried to catch Jessica’s eye contact, but Jessica clearly wasn’t going to give it to her.

“I’ll go now, then.” Jessica picked up her purse and smiled at the songwriter. “See you.”

“Sica,” Taeyeon clutched her hand as Jessica tried to walk past her. “I didn’t mean to be late-“

Jessica shrugged her hand off and walked out of the studio door. Taeyeon sighed. Was it a mere coincidence that they missed each other by just a few minutes, or was it fate that didn’t allow them to be together?

Taeyeon wanted to fight for their relationship, but it’ll only work when both sides fought together.

 

 

“Krystal ah~” Jessica called and stepped into the dance studio.

“Annyeonghaseyo Unnie!” The other 4 members of f(x) called while Krystal smiled and sauntered up to Jessica.

“Yo what’s up,” she nodded, and her whole face lighted up when she saw Jessica carrying a bag full of snacks. “OH MY GOD! These are my favourite snacks, ever.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe people think you’re a nice and sweet girl when you can’t even appreciate your poor Unnie who went through so much effort just to get these snacks from you.”

“Gomawo, Unnie,” Krystal popped a potato chip in and smirked. “Love ya.”

Jessica smiled. A “love you” from Krystal would make her day, even if she was having a very bad day. Even if someone with the name Kim Taeyeon ruined her mood. Jessica reached over and gave Krystal a hug.

“I’ve got to go,” she smiled. “I only dropped by to pass you guys the snacks. All the best for your comeback and work hard okay? Fighting!”

“Gomawo!” The f(x) girls waved as she stepped out of the studio. Jessica sighed, and looked towards the direction of the recording studios. The short visit to her sister certainly helped, but it wasn’t helping as much as she had thought it would.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon just finished recording her part and was dying to leave so that she could go find Jessica but the producers were droning on and on about the concepts of their album.

“Okay, so since both of you kind of have a matured face-“ The head producer paused and took a look at Taeyeon, “we decided to go with a dark and mature concept, different from the usual Girls’ Generation style.”

Taeyeon grimaced. “I can’t really do lots of expressions, so it would be better for our first album to be somewhat similar to Girls’ Generation songs, wouldn’t it?”

“Yes, but we want to make it different, so that it wouldn’t be Jessica and Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation, but Jessica and Taeyeon alone. You get what I mean? We want you guys to have a different and unique style.” He paused for a moment. “Or would you prefer a cute concept? Something like the Kissing You and Gee era.”

“If you want a cute concept, you should ask Sunny.” Taeyeon grunted.

“We’ll discuss over the week and get back to you.” The head producer sighed and got up from the table. “Good job, everybody. Should I call Jessica back and brief her?”

“No, there’s no need for you to do that.” Taeyeon said hurriedly. “I’ll tell her.”

She quickly walked out of the studio and looked around. Now, where could Jessica have gone to?

The answer immediately came to mind: Their very first practice room. The practice room where they trained for hours before their debut. It was now an abandoned room, especially since their company built newer and bigger practice rooms.

If she’s not there, Taeyeon thought, I’ll believe that we’re not meant to be together.

She made her way to the room and sure enough- there was Jessica, sitting against the wall like a lifeless person.

“Sica-“ Taeyeon opened the door and walked over to her. “I’m so sorry. I should have waited.”

Jessica stood up and grabbed her bag. “See you at the dorm.”

“Don’t go.” Taeyeon grabbed her arm. “I’m really sorry.”

“Is that all you can say? Sorry?” Jessica laughed half-heartedly. “Making me wait for hours, wondering if I was ever important enough to you- and all you say is sorry?”

Taeyeon sighed. “I was there. I reached the studio at 12:30pm, and when I got there, I didn’t see you and I thought that you didn’t want to come because you were angry. So I left. It was only when I went back to the dorm, I found out from Tiffany that you were on your way to the recording studio.”

“I wasn’t there, and you couldn’t wait for me?” Jessica asked. “I waited for hours, knowing that you wouldn’t turn up- and even so, I still told myself that you would appear. I’m so stupid, really.”

As she turned to go, Taeyeon grabbed her. “I’m sorry, Jessica. I love you. I’m so sorry for hurting you.”

Jessica stayed still and said nothing.

“I promise you that I will always wait for you next time. Kim Taeyeon will always be waiting at your door, waiting for you to come out.”

Jessica sighed. “You promised.”

Taeyeon nodded and released her from the hug, and swooped in for a kiss.

Jessica closed her eyes. Fighting with Taeyeon was hard to bear, but this moment made everything right. She felt complete and as they wrapped their arms tighter around each other, Jessica couldn’t help but think that Taeyeon was the one that she should always fight for and never let go.

All of a sudden, there were footsteps outside the studio. Someone was coming in.

! Taeyeon thought. I didn’t close the door!

They sprang apart from each other just to see Kim Young Min staring at them with a glint in his eye.