If only she gave me the chance

What happened to us?

 

 

 

"I don't think I want your acceptance if you don't picture me as a true friend." Jessica sharply inhaled. "I'm tired of you hurting me. If you don't see me as a true friend, then don't be my friend at all. I'm really tired, Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon felt her knees go weak.

-------------------

Jessica sat on the bench outside their dorm, staring at the black patch of grass ahead of her.

Her mind couldn't register what had just happened. It was too sudden. All she knew was that she walked out, slammed the door, ran past Tiffany's alarmed face and ran out of the dorm. She didn't even take her coat out with her, and she was freezing to death, but there was no way she would go back in and face Taeyeon again.

That heartless , Jessica thought as she tried to look ahead with tears in her eyes. Why did I even try so hard? She had never ever tried so hard to get someone's attention before, and it wasn't even a guy, it was a GIRL. Do I....really have feelings for her?

She sighed, kicking away at the rocks beneath her feet. She decided to try ignoring Taeyeon for a few days, just to see if she was able to survive without Taeyeon in her life.

Part of her hoped that she would be able to do that, but another part of her hoped that she wouldn't be able to survive, just so that she could run back into Taeyeon's arms and stay by her side, for a long, long time.

 

Taeyeon glanced at the clock for what seemed like the hundredth time since Jessica had ran out. "Do you think she's okay?"

Tiffany shrugged. "I don't know, but most likely yes."

Taeyeon sighed in frustration and paced up and down the room. "Why do you seem like you're not worried at all? It has been 4 hours and Sica isn't back yet!"

"Did you forget that I have been her friend for half of her life?" Tiffany clucked her tongue annoyingly. "Jessi would be safe even if she was out for the whole night. She used to go to clubs and not come home, you know."

Taeyeon finally stopped walking up and down and sat down. "Whatever, I'm just going to stay up until she's home. You can go to sleep if you want."

"Finally." Tiffany muttered as she walked out. "You don't need to be so worried, you know; she'll come back in one piece."

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she walked out. Taeyeon clearly had a soft spot for Jessica, so why was she always the one sparking fights between them?

 

Taeyeon sat there and decided to reflect quietly. Why was she even so worried? Why should she care whether she came back safely or not? The members sometimes came back late by themselves due to schedules, like Yoona whenever she was filming dramas. At that time, she wasn't even this worried, so why was she so worried now? It's not like she had feelings for Jessica. Or...... did she?

Taeyeon wasn't so sure. The only girl she ever had feelings for was Tiffany, and it was a long time ago. Looking back, she was glad that she didn't confess, or else, they might not have been as close as they are now. It would just cause the both of them to feel awkward around each other.

However, there was something special about Jessica. For some reason, she couldn't stop thinking about her. She couldn't stop regretting, on how she used to reject and hate Jessica. All she wanted to do now was to make it up to her for the times she had hurt her, by staying by Jessica's side and looking out for her, with her arms open to Jessica at all times.

If she gives me the chance to make it up, Taeyeon thought, I would be the happiest person in the world.

Taeyeon was in the kitchen, making a cup of coffee, when she heard the click of the door. Jessica. She immediately rushed out, and was relieved to find her in one piece, and coming back safely.

"Where did you go? You scared the hell out of me-"

Taeyeon stopped talking halfway and she froze. Jessica had just walked past her without even giving her a glance.

"Sica-" She whirled around, and grabbed her wrist. "At least let me explain-"

"I don't want to hear any explanation. I've had enough of your excuses."

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I know it won't be easy for you to forgive me, but please, hear me out." Taeyeon let go of her wrist and wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist.

Jessica pushed her back and stalked away.

 

Over the next few days, it was as if the cold war that happened a few months ago came back. Jessica sat further and furher away from Taeyeon at all times if possible; during variety shows; interview and fanmeets. Even when Taeyeon had tried to invite her to visit the set of the music video for TaeTiSeo, she rejected her coldly.

"Jessica," Taeyeon slowly approached her. "Do you want to visit the set of the music video site for TTS tomorrow? Sunny and Sooyoung will be there too,"

"No thanks." Jessica had coldly replied. "Did you forget? It was supposed to be "TaeTiSica", until someone," she glared, "requested for me to be removed. How am I supposed to visit the set knowing that I was supposed to be part of the sub-unit?"

Taeyeon felt like she was slowly slipping into depression; she desperately wanted Jessica back but Jessica clearly didn't need her anymore.