There's a rainbow at the end of every storm

What happened to us?

Jessica burst into the room, breathless. Tiffany was standing by Taeyeon's bedside with a grave expression, and Taeyeon just stared blankly at the wall. With her head bandaged.

"Why? What happened?" Jessica gasped, and ran over. "Fany," she tugged at Tiffany's shirt, "What's happening? Why's her head like that?"

"She...." Tiffany let out a little sob. "Tae slipped on a puddle of water here," she gestured, "and hit her head over at that wall." Jessica's eyes widened and she put a hand over when she saw the bloodstains onto the wall.

"WHERE DID THIS STUPID RANDOM PUDDLE COME FROM?!"  Jessica shouted as her eyes reddened. Does this mean that Taeyeon had lost more of her memory? She couldn't take it, she couldn't. Just when she thought that things were bad enough, this had to happen.

"I'm sorry." Tiffany sobbed. "It's all my fault, I shouldn't have lost my temper just now and throw my phone at the vase," Tiffany cried with her head in her hands, "causing all the water from it to spill out. It's all my fault."

Jessica looked at Taeyeon as tears streamed down her cheeks. Taeyeon was just staring into space. "So what's going to happen now....?" She wiped her tears away with her hands, causing her mascara to smudge. Jessica staggered back, and looked down. "I think I need take a rest, a break. I'm going to go away for a little while. Tell manager oppa that I'm going away for awhile." She whispered to Tiffany, and walked towards the door.

"You can't go! Who's going to take care of me, now that I've gained my memory?"

"You can bloody take care of yourself-" Jessica stopped short. "Wait..."

"Yeah." Came Taeyeon's twinkling voice. "I hit my head for the price of my memory, you know! You can't leave me, Jessica Jung."

Jessica hardly dared to move. Her brain wasn't processing anything, either. And then, something clicked when Taeyeon's and Tiffany's laughter filled the room.

"YAH!" Jessica cried, and grabbed some pillows, hurling them at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"I really thought something happened..." Jessica sobbed. "HOW DARE YOU ALL TRICK ME?!"

"Sorry, sorry." Taeyeon got up and wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist. Jessica froze and Tiffany hastily walked out. "I'll leave you two alone," she grinned, earning a kick from Jessica.

 

They stood there, until Jessica finally broke the silence.

"Taeyeon...?" She whispered. "Is it... really you?"

Taeyeon tightened her hands around Jessica's waist. "It's me."

"It's... really you?" Jessica turned around with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Taeyeon...."

Taeyeon pulled her into a hug. Jessica breathed in Taeyeon's scent; the scent which she missed so much. "You have no idea how much I missed you..." Jessica sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shhhhh, it's okay." Taeyeon Jessica's hair affectionately. "I'm fine now." They stood there for a minute silently.

Jessica slowly pulled Taeyeon back. "But-" she sniffed, "How did you remember? I mean, just a while ago-"

"I'll explain it to you later." Taeyeon smiled.

"Jessica," she took Jessica's hands and held them tightly. "I'm so sorry that I forgot you- I mean- I-" Her voice trembled. "I....felt so terrible when I gained my memory and recalled how sad you were when I said I didn't remember you..." She cried and clutched Jessica's hands even tighter. "I'm so sorry that I had to make you worry about me. I almost had a mini heart attack when Tiffany told me that you were at the rooftop having depressing thoughts."

Jessica half-snorted-half-cried. Tiffany is going to be the death of me. "I think Fany was exaggerating about that."

Taeyeon laughed. Jessica grinned and hugged Taeyeon again. "I think it has been a million years since I've heard that laugh."

 

The door opened and the othe girls walked in. "Oh, get a room, people."

"Are you guys crying?" Sunny laughed. "As expected, Taengsic."

The girls laughed. "Come, let's sit." Taeyeon walked back and patted the bed.

"What really happened, unnie?" Yoona asked. "How did you gain your memory?"

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Thanks to Hwang Mi Young-" she was cut off by Tiffany's death glare, "Whom, in her horrible temper, threw her phone at the vase and caused it to break, hence the spilled water."

Tiffany poked Sunny in the ribs. "But it was the puddle of water that saved Tae's memory, so you guys ought to thank me."

"Clap, everybody!" Sunny shouted sacarstically, which caused all 9 of them to burst into laughter.

"We had some fun tricking Jessica too." Tiffany giggled, causing Jessica to grab Tiffany's shirt playfully. "That was so mean of you."

Seohyun swallowed. "I missed this, unnies. The times where we used to sit together like this, all 9 of us, having talks."

"Yeah." Yuri nodded. "It has been... a long time, hasn't it?"

Hyoyeon dabbed a tissue at her red eyes and smiled. "At least, after this tough period, everything's fine now."

All of them sat there silently, recalling the moment where they had found Taeyeon unconcious in her bedroom, to when they rushed her to the hospital and waited outside the hospital with anxious hearts, to the weeks where they lingered around the hospital, waiting for her to wake up. To now, where they were sitting together, as nine.

"Group hug," Taeyeon choked, and all 9 girls crawled towards the centre of the bed and grabbed each other by the shoulders, crying together as if there was no tomorrow.

Jessica smiled in the midst of it all. "There will always be a rainbow at the end of every storm." She whispered. She closed her eyes and wished that this moment could last forever.

 

--------------

Author's note:

Many of you were wondering where the puddle of water (from the prev chap) came from, so here, I explained xD

Anyway, I was wondering... do you guys want fluffy Taengsic? Do you all prefer Taengsic to have a lover's relationship, or more of a sisterly-best friend relationship, where they love each other but not as a lover? I want to make this a fanfic that everyone enjoys, so do comment below which you would like. Till then, Taengsic shippers! Thank you all for your support :*