I've been waiting for this moment forever

What happened to us?

The Director waited for everyone to leave the room before he spoke to them.

"Hi, girls. Today I want to discuss a very important matter with you, and I hope you'll give me your approval after listening to my wonderful idea."

Taeyeon and Jessica nodded. It's probably gonna be an ad campaign or a-

"We're thinking of a sub-unit with the two of you only."

Jessica sat there, stunned. She turned to Taeyeon and both of them stared at each other, until they broke into a huge smile. This was too good to be true.

"Yes yes yes yes!" Taeyeon pratically shouted. "We'll do it."

"Eh?" The Director raised his eyebrows at her. "The last time I suggested something similar like this, you told me-"

"It's a misunderstanding." Taeyeon cleared uncomfortably, and looked at Jessica, whom was trying to control her laughter. Dang, a flustered Taeyeon was too cute for words.

"Oh, okay." The Director scratched his head, confused. "Aish, the speech I wrote has gone to waste." He complained. "I spent a whole hour crafting out a speech just to convince the two of you to agree!" he laughed. "Well then, since this is settled, recording will start soon. I'll contact your manager. We hope to release your album in 3 months' time, so I trust that you'll do it well, yeah?" He grinned at them and left the room.

Jessica and Taeyeon stood up and bowed respectfully to him as the door closed.

They looked at each other, and crashed into a hug, smiling and jumping around the room with elated squeals.

"We're finally working together." Taeyeon whispered.

"I've been waiting for this moment forever, Tae." Jessica whispered back and grabbed Taeyeon tightly.

-------

"Congratulations, Unnies!" Seohyun squealed.

"Yay for Taengsic." Hyoyeon ruffled Jessica's hair and smiled.

"Thanks, guys." Taeyeon grinned and looked around amidst all the chaos. Her eyes rested on Tiffany, whom was biting her lip and looking down on the floor. Taeyeon smiled and walked over to her.

"Hey." She nudged Tiffany with her shoulder. "Aren't you going to congratulate me?"

"Oh?" Tiffany glanced up at her. "You finally noticed me, huh?" She mumbled under her breath.

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked, and searched her face for signs. "Are you not feeling well?"

"Yeah." Tiffany sighed, and looked at her with a forced smile. "Congratulations, Taeyeon-ah."

Are you that happy? Tiffany sighed as Taeyeon skipped away gleefully to find Jessica. I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I am.

 

"Fany-ah, are you okay?" Jessica sat down beside her. Tiffany flinched when Jessica placed her hand on her forehead.

"I'm fine." Tiffany smiled. "What's the matter?"

Jessica grinned. "I'm so happy! I've been waiting FOREVER for this, Fany-ah. It's like my life is complete." She sighed contentedly.

Tiffany looked away from her. "Yeah." She replied. "I'm happy for you."

I'm happy for you, Jessica, but at the same time, I wish I was you. I wish I was the one Taeyeon cared about.

Tiffany didn't know when it started, but she was jealous. She was jealous of Jessica, or rather, jealous of the relationship Jessica had with Taeyeon. It was obvious that they were more than friends, and Tiffany could see it in them. The way they interacted, the way Taeyeon's eyes were filled with affection every time she looked at Jessica. The way Jessica hugged Taeyeon and smiled like she was the luckiest girl in the world.

Why was she feeling this way? She was the one that helped them amend their friendship. When they were fighting, Tiffany felt horrible and she wanted them to make up as soon as possible. And now? It was as if her heart was playing tricks on her.

"Don't be like this, Tiffany. Remember that you still have Khun." She whispered to herself.

She didn't know when it started, but her heart was beating lesser and lesser at the thought of Khun.

---

“Yoona.” Jessica gestured for her to sit beside her. “How are things between you and….him?” she wriggled her eyebrows.

 “God, you look so retarded doing that.” Yoona snorted, earning her a smack on the head. “HEY!”

“You twit.” Jessica pretended to be annoyed. “I need to ask you something.”

“What?” Yoona leaned closer, and whispered in Jessica’s ear. “How not to look retarded while wriggling your eyebrows?”

“YAH! IM YOONA, YOU-“

Yoona giggled. “Arasso, Unnie, I’ll stop. What do you want to ask?”

Jessica looked around to make sure that no one could hear them, and she leaned in. “Howdoyouknowifyoureinlove?”

“HUH?”

“Howdoyouknow….ifyou’reinlove?”

“What the- can you speak properly? I can’t understand.”

Jessica gritted her teeth. “How. Do. You. Know. If. You’re. In. Love?”

“OHHHHH, I get it.” Yoona leaned back, and sat back up. Her eyes widened as she gaped at Jessica. “Omo, Unnie, YOU’RE IN LO-“

“Shhhh, not so loud, you idiot!” Jessica covered Yoona’s mouth and glared at her. “Tone it down.”

“Who is it?” Yoona asked, breathing heavily. “Taec?”

Jessica almost mentally smacked herself. Ever since Sooyoung had somehow managed to figure out the password to her phone, they had gone through all its contents and found out that she messaged Taecyeon frequently. Or rather, he messaged her frequently. She had better things to do.

“No, he doesn’t even like me!” Jessica huffed.

“But remember how he kept glancing at you during the Melon awards? And the way he smiled when it was your turn to say the acceptance speech? And how-“

“Still, I’m not the one he kissed on the forehead~” Jessica sang.

It was Yoona’s turn to smack Jessica on the head. “Please, unnie. That was so long ago.”

Jessica winced and rubbed her head. Boy, that girl was strong even though she was so skinny.

“So who is it?” Yoona probed again. “You know you can trust me.” She pleaded.

Jessica took a deep breath. She knew she could trust Yoona, and Yoona trusted her too. They shared many secrets and Jessica need not worry since Yoona’s mouth was always sealed. But the problem was, she didn’t even know whether she was in love. And the only way was to find out.

“The person is…..Taeyeon.” She whispered softly.