I realized I took you for-granted

What happened to us?

Taeyeon could hardly breathe, and the tears that started to well up in her eyes again blocked her vision. She felt like screaming out loud, letting all her emotions out.

As more tears accumulated, she put her arm over her face to cover it, and remained like that until she reached the plane.

---

"Unnie." A blur vision of someone waving her hand over Jessica's face could be seen. "Unnie, are you awake?" Jessica opened her eyes. Where am I? She squinted her eyes at the white lights; and recalled what happened. Of course she would end up in the hospital.

"Unnie! UNNIE! UNNNIEEEE! YOU'VE WOKEN UP?!" Krystal screamed with relief in her voice. Jessica glared at her, then tried her best to roll her eyes, although it made her headache worse. "Stop screaming, or I might faint again. Of course I would be awake, considering the way you screamed right at my face."

Krystal sighed with relief, then sat down on the chair by Jessica's bed. "You have no idea how worried everyone is, unnie. I thought you were never going to wake up."

"Soojung-ah, that's not a very nice thing to say." Jessica's mum came over, and took Jessica's hand in hers. "How are you feeling, my dear?"

"I'm fine, omma." Jessica frowned and tried to sit up. Her head was throbbing, and her whole body ached. "How long have I been unconsious for?"

"10 days, unnie. 10 DAYS." Krystal interrupted. "Soshi unnies have been calling everyday, 1 member at a time. You have no idea how much trouble you've caused me." Krystal looked at Jessica with an annoyed expression, but her eyes were filled with affection.

"10 days? That long?" Jessica stared at her incredulously. She thought that she would recover in time to join the members in their Japan activities, but they would've been flying back by now.

 

The members couldn't stop fidgeting on the plane back. The last time Yuri called, Jessica still hadn't regained consiousness. Will she ever wake up? Taeyeon sighed as she watched the clouds go by the plane.

Once the plane landed, the members quickly checked out and tried to walk as quickly as possible towards their van. They swung their luggage in and quickly hopped onto the van. "Take us to the hospital, please." Tiffany said breathlessly. "Faster!"

 

Jessica was lying on the bed, alone in the room. Her family had gone back, reassured that she's woken up now. She wondered where the members were. On the plane? Or has the plane landed? And.... was Taeyeon worried?

She lay back and closed her eyes, trying to recall what it was like when she fainted. She could vaguely remember the fans, her manager and the members' voices screaming her name as her head hit the floor. And then, someone rushed over and held her head in her hands. Who was it? Jessica frowned, and remembered the scent of the person. It was the scent of...Taeyeon.

No, no, no. It can't be Taeyeon, the person who hates her. Impossible.

But somewhere, she heard Yoona's voice. "Taeyeon unnie really cares for you."

Just then, the door pushed open. Jessica looked up and saw the 8 girls' surprised faces, with their mouths hanging wide open. It was such a funny sight that Jessica had to stifle a laugh.

"Sica-ah!" Tiffany rushed over, crying with relief. The other 7 girls followed hot on her heels. "When did you wake up?'

"Just," Jessica grinned. "20 minutes ago. Did you all miss me?"

Tiffany could barely nod, she lunged in and hugged her so tightly that Jessica could hardly breathe. The other members smiled; everything was alright, Jessica was doing fine. Their hearts and minds were finally put to ease.

They stayed there for 2 hours, updating Jessica about everything that had happened in Japan, until it was time to go. Taeyeon didn't talk, she just sat there, as if she was possessed. She's fine. Thank God she's fine.

When the other members got up to leave, Taeyeon turned to them and said, "I'll be out in a minute. Just go on first.", causing the members to exchange knowing glances and they gave her pats of encouragement as they walked past her out of the door.

When there was no one left, Jessica looked up. "Well?"

"Are..are you feeling better?" Taeyeon stammered. Get a hold of yourself, Kim Taeyeon. You have a lot to talk about.

"Yea. My head still hurts, but overall I think I'm better." That flat and toneless voice again.

"Sica-" Taeyeon took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for pushing you away, or constantly ignoring you when you tried to mend the friendship between us. I'm sorry for hurting you. I like you, but I'm - I'm jealous of you." She choked the words out. "I pushed you away because I don't want to go back to being friends where I may hurt you again. It hurts so much to push you away, but I don't want you to get hurt anymore."

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and realized that tears were streaming down her face.

"When the accident happened, I realized that I took you for-granted. I realized how selfish I've been, and now I know what you really want. I also know what I really want." Taeyeon took a step closer. "I want our friendship back; back to how it was like before. I want you to give me a chance to love you again."

Jessica inhaled sharpy, and looked at Taeyeon.

"I know that you might hate me now, for all the things that I did to you for the past few months." Taeyeon gulped. "But could you give me the chance to make up for it? You can hit me. Vent all the unfairness that you've felt, on me. If that would make you feel better."

Jessica stood up, and slowly walked towards Taeyeon.

Taeyeon closed her eyes, and awaited the blow. If her hitting me would increase the chances of giving me a chance, I'll take it; no matter how much it might hurt.

However, there wasn't a single blow from Jessica. Instead, Jessica stood there for a moment, and reached over to hug Taeyeon.