author's note

What happened to us?

Hey guys.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates. I was preparing for my final year examinations- and you have no idea how important they are to me. I cut off all social medie such as Twitter, Instagram and AFF, but I'm back now, and I would definitely continue to update. I once again apologize that I didn't even leave a note for my absence. :( My examinations just ended yesterday, and i'll be working hard today to update all my fanfics, so please stay tuned!

Also.. I believe that by now, you all would know by now of Jessica's dismissal from the group. Having been a Sone for 6 years, this had left a very huge impact on me, that SNSD's Ice Princess Jessica has left. Our Maomao isn't here anymore. I'm still unable to accept the fact that we're no longer able to hear that angelic voice anymore. Jessica, with her unique charm and sarcastic answers, is gone. There will be no more Yoonsic, Hyosic, Seosic, Sunsic, Soosica, JeTi, Yulsic, and the most heartbreaking of all.... no more Taengsic. Now that Taengsic duet will never happen.

It's hard to believe that the members kicked her out of the group. Even if Jessica had made it seem like the members were the ones who kicked her out, I still believe in Soshibond. I believe that Jessica was feeling betrayed and hurt at that time, and in the midst of confusion, anger and misunderstanding, typed out that Weibo message. How could the 8 of them kick her out of the group, just because she had a business? How could they, when Tiffany happily mentioned it at Kcon? I believe that there is another reason why, but I'm sure the truth will never get out, because the other 8 members are still under SM's contract. They can't do anything other than apologize. I mean, how could they be so cold hearted when baby Seohyun cried at the Shenzhen fan meeting while singing "Complete"? When Tiffany mouthed Jessica's lines with a very hurt expression during "Goodbye"? When Yuri was unable to hold back her tears but still tried to smile? It's very very obvious that they too were unprepared for Jessica's dismissal and were sad. So to all those people bashing SNSD, calling them bullies or whatsoever- open your eyes. 15 years of friendship isn't something that can easily crash down just because of a business.

And there are also the so called "fans" who blame Taeyeon. Yes, we all know that Taeyeon and Jessica didn't have a very good relationship. But things have changed since 2014- it seems like Taeyeon had started to warm up to Jessica. Do you think Taeyeon is that heartless? I believe that Taeyeon loves all her members very much, and maybe the reason she had been ignoring Jessica for the past 2 years was something big. You can't judge without knowing the truth. They're humans too- they make mistakes, they get hurt, and they hold grudges. You mean celebrities can't curse too? Celebrities can't fight too? They have feelings, and they're not just some singing and dancing robots.

I will keep believing in them. Even though it's evident that Jessica's not going to return, I will still keep believing. It was hard knowing that Jessica has renamed her brand, it was even harder knowing that she removed "Girls' Generation" from her bio. But even if Taeyeon removed the number "9" from her Instagram bio, and even if Sooyoung unfollows Jessica on Weibo, I will always remember them as 9. I will continue to write Taengsic fanfics, I will continue to support both 8 member SNSD and Jessica in her individual activities. And I hope that all Sones will do this too.

9 is so much more than just a number.

I will update soon.. Have a lovely day :)

-deergwynx