It Got Better

What happened to us?

"I know that you might hate me now, for all the things that I did to you for the past few months." Taeyeon gulped. "But could you give me the chance to make up for it? You can hit me. Vent all the unfairness that you've felt, on me. If that would make you feel better."

Jessica stood up, and slowly walked towards Taeyeon.

Taeyeon closed her eyes, and awaited the blow. If her hitting me would increase the chances of giving me a chance, I'll take it; no matter how much it might hurt.

However, there wasn't a single blow from Jessica. Instead, Jessica stood there for a moment, and reached over to hug Taeyeon.

-----------------

Taeyeon stood there for a moment, completely stunned. She could smell Jessica's sweet scent; and her breath which was breathing down her neck too.

"I never wanted to stop trying, Taeyeon-ah." She called me Taeyeon-ah. Just like she used to, months ago.

"When I said that I gave up, I still hadn't. When I walked away, my brain and feet were telling me to go further but my heart was telling me to walk back."

Taeyeon started crying. "Sica-ah..." and wrapped her arms around her tightly. All the months of quarrelling and ignoring were so useless; so petty of her. She didn't realize how much she needed Jessica in her life, and how much she had missed her.

And the 2 girls stayed there for a long time, before they were willing to let go.

 

Tiffany waited anxiously downstairs. Were they fighting? Or were they making up? She paced up and down.

Tiffany felt like she was going to burst with anxiety. She still remembered how Taeyeon had told her countless times jokingly that she better not get a boyfriend and leave her hanging. Though Taeyeon may have said it jokingly, she felt that Tae probably really meant it. She probably said it because she didn't have anyone but Tiffany at that time, but now it was going to be different.

She hoped that through Jessica and Taeyeon's make up, it would help Taeyeon in her life, because Tiffany herself couldn't be sure that she would be able to stay by their side for any longer.

------

 

After Taeyeon had left, Jessica sat down to ponder over all that had happened. Not that she wasn't happy with Taeyeon finally accepting her; she was. In fact, she couldn't ask for anything more than this. But something kept nagging at her from the back of her head, and after months of pushing that thought away, she was finally willing to sit down and think this through.

I think Taeyeon is in love with Tiffany.

Jessica couldn't be sure if it was the sisterly kind of love, or whether it was the real type of love. Either way, Jessica could confidently say that Taeyeon...probably valued Tiffany more than her. Jessica sighed. Not that Jessica was jealous. Of course Taeyeon would value Tiffany more than her. However, she knew something about Tiffany that Taeyeon didn't. And she wasn't sure whether Taeyeon could accept the news.

Well, at least she's there for her.

 

The day finally came. Tiffany, Taeyeon and Seohyun's album recording for their debut stage "Twinkle" as TaeTiSeo, TTS in short.

Taeyeon was the first to arrive at the company building, she had woken up earlier and needed to reach early, to warm up her vocals in the studio. They had heard a sample of the main track of their album the day before; and it was not an easy song. Taeyeon had to reach lots of high notes, and the only way to give her best was to warm up her voice, about 1 hour before the actual recording.

She quickly made her way up the building, praying that there would be no one in the recording room. Usually, artists go there to practice their vocals, and their company had only 1 recording room. And they still say we are the number 1 entertainment company, she thought as she grabbed the handle on the door of the recording room.

A sweet, male singing voice could be heard the moment she pushed open the door. She stopped dead in her tracks; it was beautiful. It sounded like a young, untrained voice of a male, but it was simply too beautiful for words. She pushed open the door' and saw that it was one of the trainees whom had recently debuted in EXO.

 

"Oh? Annyeonghaseyo, noona." He looked shocked and quickly bowed. Taeyeon smiled. Ah, it's this guy again. He was so cute and talented, from what she had seen in their debut music video and on several variety shows. EXO was the "it" thing nowadays in Korea. If he was a little older, he might be her ideal type. She's just not comfortable with the idea of dating with guys younger than her, even with the age difference of 1 year.

"Yea, annyeonghaseyo.“ She gestured at the piece of paper he was holding. "I see that you are practicing your vocals?"

"Yeah..." he scratched his head embarrassingly. "We have a ballad piece coming up in the next album, and I practiced for hours yesterday but I just can't seem to get the notes right." He frowned. "And it seems like I can't get it right today, either." His eyes suddenly widened. "Oh, you were going to practice right? I'll leave now so that you can practice." He quickly packed his things and shuffled past Taeyeon twoards the exit.

"Wait." Taeyeon grabbed his arm, and turned around. "I'll help you. What did you say your name was, again?"

"Would you really help me?" He smiled. "My name is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

 

----

 

Authors' note:
Guys I think I have writer's block TT Especially since I have so much studying to do, and when it comes to writing this I'm stuck for ideas. Anyone would like to suggest anything?

 

AND GUYS DON'T PANIC PLEASE. Baekhyun is a supporting character for my next chapter, and Baekyeon WILL NOT be happening. He's only appearing for a short while, pls bear with it for a lil while!! ^-^