Chapter 49

Innocent & Purely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Don't Be Sorry[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]It Happens[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Your father wishes to see you, Dae Eun-ah.”

“Yah! Who are you to just barge in and interrupt our little girl time?” Dae Eun’s mother jokingly yelled out, giving a little giggle from both girls.

“I’m sorry. Should I tell him to wait?” Hyun Shik bowed due to respect.

“Why does he need me?” Dae Eun ignored Hyun Shik’s request.

“That is not of my information. I’m afraid it’s confidential.”

“Confidential? No family business is confidential.” Dae Eun’s mother blurted out as she stood up to her leave before storming out of the room, yelling her dearly husband’s name. It echoed and rebounded every wall as her voice protruded to become louder and more agitated.

Dae Eun and Jung Ah glanced at each other, sending off a telepathic expression of worry through them. Dae Eun stood up, as she exited the room, walked passed Hyun Shik and her instincts told her that her father would be present within his office. As she aisled down the staircase, the domestic maids holding folded fresh clothing or spray bottles and a tea towel bowed their head to Dae Eun, before she herself could reply with a soft smile.

“Yah! Dae Eun-ah. Wait for me!” Jung Ah yelled from the top of the staircase. As she paced each staircase, she left with small talk to each maid. Catching up to Dae Eun, she huffed lightly at a fast pattern as she levelled her steps with her best friend beside her.

“Oh my gosh. That’s my workout for the year.” Jung Ah caught a clot of saliva in , causing her to gulp rather louder before complaining of her productive lifestyle. Dae Eun giggled as both figures set foot on the ground floor of the house.

“Why do you think your dad needs to see you? Do you think it has to do with Jung kook?”

“Why do you think it has to do with Jung kook?”

“Because! Haven’t you had your epiphany yet? There’s obviously something behind the reason why Jung kook had to break up with you.”

“And you think my dad is involved?”

“Good. We’re on the right page.”

“But… I… don’t think that’s the case.” Dae Eun mumbled.

“Yah! Don’t you think it’s strange that your dad is needing to speak with you? He rarely has any business to do with you. The only time he needed to see you before this was because Jung kook was involved, and now that we have come to this situation, maybe it does have to do with your dad.”

“I think you’re overthinking Jung Ah.”

“I think I’m right. So… I am going with you.”

“Going with me? Where?”

“Ugh! I’m going to be there beside you when you talk to your dad.”

“Why?”

“To give him a beating.”

“What?! You can’t give him a beating!”

“I’m just kidding. But I will stand up for you and Jung kook, if it’s the last thing I do.”

“This isn’t a dying matter.”

“For me it is. This is your first love. First, true love.”

Dae Eun and Jung Ah left their conversation there to pause momentarily, as they contemplated for a moment, procrastinating out of fear before heading to the office. Without hesitation, Jung Ah opened the beige doors that sent off a scared and anxious vibe to Dae Eun. As she entered the wooden floored room, she scanned the place to see her mother, father and to her surprise, Changjo.

“Now everyone is joining the party, I see.” Dae Eun’s dad stated, arms wide open as he stood his ground near the ‘ceiling-to-floored’ window. His expression was quite amused and content with the matter, but Dae Eun couldn’t read the despicable influence her dad could have done for this situation to happen. She took a glance at Changjo, which surprised her since his eyes met with hers. He had always been looking at her from the moment she walked through the door.

“Come, come. Take a seat.”

Jung Ah nudged Dae Eun’s arm as they walked together, small distanced and sat next to each other on the seat situated to face the mother and Changjo. Dae Eun gulped before eyeing her father, who seemed he was readying a speech. He was always intricate when it came to establish something out there, which worried Dae Eun. He’d have to make a point without verbally orienting it. Dae Eun clung on the hem of her sweater, praying for daylight.

“Yeobo.” Dae Eun’s mother cried out softly, but he ignored her plead, as he walked towards his wife and stood beside her, taking her hand. Dae Eun assumed that her mother acknowledged the situation before she entered the room.

“Dae Eun-ah, I heard… from a little bird, that things didn’t go as planned for you and Jung kook, is that correct?”

“Ne?”

Almost everyone in the room were clearly at shock when knowing the meaning to his little acknowledgement. How did their break up spread around? How did people know about it?

“We all have our ups and downs, but sometimes it’s for the better.” Her father continued.

“Which is why, I would like to congratulate you.” He commended.

“N… Ne?”

“I’d like to announce that…” Interrupting the little proposal, groups of mail men barged through into the office due to Hyun Shik’s permission, as he stood at the doorway. Each of the members held a bouquet of daisies and all seemed distributed equally.

“What is this commotion?” Dae Eun’s dad questioned, flabbergasted.

“Deliverer requested that the gift is to be directly sent to the receiver.” A mail man replied.

“To whom?!” Dae Eun’s dad shrieked.

“To Lee Dae Eun.”

Dae Eun’s expression altered as her eyes bolded. She watched as each mail man sent in a bouquet of daisies, placing them onto the coffee table in the centre of the room. Everyone’s expression was of pure astonishment, and/or confusion. The placing of the bouquets commenced, each of the mail men left, except one who had held a card in front of Dae Eun. Almost shaking, she accepted the enveloped card with her two hands before the last mail man left the room after a bow.

She looked to her best friend, almost curious yet worried of what the card might say.

“Is this your doing Changjo?” Dae Eun’s dad asked, but his response wasn’t of his expectation. It wasn’t.

Carefully, as if it was a fragile being, she tore it open and slid out the card. It was plain, with a simply daisy in the centre and cover of the card. She flipped the cover and unfolded the sudden gift that almost everyone in the room was anticipating to know of.

Her heart leaped as her faced glowed and her cheeks turned to a pink shade. She tightened the grip the on card before Jung Ah peeked to see what she had read. Word by word, she took it in, and her heart warmed of pure bliss.

 

Dear Dae Eun,

Didn’t expect this did you? A dozen, dozen daisies. A dozen bouquets that hold a dozen daisies. Not roses, but daisies.

Ever heard the saying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter