Chapter 16

Innocent & Purely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Dance with me?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Always[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]It was quarter past 3 and my second aunty was over to doll me up for her sister’s wedding.

My second aunty is 22. Still young, yes. She was a former paediatric nurse and is currently an educator and practitioner of catheterization lab nursing. (Catheterization is the working field of working with those who are diagnosed with a heart disease.)

She decided to keep my hair texture and style (wavy with a side swept fringe) and she was doing light touch ups on my makeup… not that I was a big fan of it. I just thought it was too time consuming to put on. She was putting dabs of blush onto my cheeks and added a bit of mascara to my eyes.

“Aunty… don’t put too much makeup okay? Or else it’ll be hard to get off then…”

“Relax. I know you don’t like makeup but you need to look pretty.”

“Am I not pretty enough?”

“Of course you’re pretty. You just need to spice up that prettiness for this particular event your aunty has been dreaming of since the 1830’s.” I laughed at her over-exaggeration.

“So Dae Eun-ah. Do you have a boyfriend?” She continued to dab my face in foundation and blush.

“If I said yes, how would you react?”

“Omo! Really?! You have a boyfriend?!” Her eyes widened, along with an o shaped appearance from . I nodded rather slowly.

“Who is he? Is he cute? How did it happen?”

“He’s a boy who goes to my school, can be cute and let’s just say we both developed mutual feelings for each other.”

“More detail please.” She said as she applied a small amount of red tinted lip gloss onto the innards of my lips.

“He is coming to the wedding.”

“Aww! Is he coming now? Is he your date? Do you want me to drive you both?” She began to pack up her makeup ‘stuff’ into a small pouch of hers.

“Yes, yes and would it be okay with you?”

“Of course! I need to get to know your boyfriend… see what you are putting up with.”  At that moment, Hyun Shik’s head peered through my bedroom door as he cleared his throat, giving our attentive action in seeing what he had to say.

“A young man is at the door.” I turned my head to my aunty as she copied the same action and squealed. She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my bedroom. From the railings of the upstairs floor, I saw Jung kook sitting on the couch of our main living room. He was wearing a tuxedo… I repeat… a tuxedo. His hair was textured rather messy but stylish and his bangs met above his eyelids.

“Omo! You have good taste Dae Eun-ah.” She peered downstairs and continued to walk me. As I reached the 3rd last step of the stairs, Jung kook turned to me and widened his eyes. I’ve read this in books a lot so it seems I am doing a good job. I wore a simple red dress that had layers of curled edges of the skirt, a black oversized cardigan, and since my aunty didn’t allow me to wear my sneakers, I wore black above-ankled boots that had a lace detail within the assets for the shoe laces and heels. Long enough to make me walk comfortably for the whole day… I think. My hair just flounced wherever gravity wants it to fall. For a moment, I thought it wasn’t presentable, so I took my non-vacant hand and slid my hair onto one side.

“And I thought I looked rather ravishing.” He said as I chuckled. My aunty cleared in between our ‘little moment.’

“Jung kook, this is my aunty Young Ja. She is the bridesmaid for today. Aunty, this is Jung kook my… boyfriend.” Not that I was hesitant to say it, I was just getting used to it.

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” He greeted as he held his hand in front of him, and in return, a hand shake from aunty. So far so good.

“Hehe~ Ne! Annyeonghasaeyo. I will be driving you two for tonight.”

My aunty was driving her Honda CR-Z as both Jung kook and I sat at the passenger seat, though, due to my awkward and shy characteristics, I kept my distance slightly. The car was present with the silence amity and my aunty constantly kept observing over her rear view mirror just to see what we were doing. Jung kook then reached for my hand and I gladly accepted it. I felt my cheeks enflame but thank god it was dark. I looked out the window and spears of golden lights went passed every second.

As I stepped out of the car, the geometry frame of the outlook was amazing. The church filled with white, golden colours that illuminated the windows and front passageway. Jung kook came up to me and took my hand as our arms interlocked together.

“Okay! Since we are an hour early… let’s see how your aunty is doing shall we?” Aunty said as she walked ahead of us as we followed behind. We entered a white marbled reception area as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter